Johalva vs. Johan

Robert

The averages you have access right now are guaranteed 100% accurate for such a cause. Sampling, while it can be somewhat reliable after taking huge, huge amounts of it (as demonstrated in another thread), can reach the same goal, but it will never be 100%.

Not exactly true, sadly, due to poor programming. In my last FE4 playthrough, I did Bridget x Holyn so that Faval would reach 80 hp (175% HP growth). However, reaching that was harder than expected, since the game sometimes insisted that there was a fine possibility of him not gaining any hit points on level-up...

You weren't arena "abusing" were you? Since RNs can apparently run out in the arena.

You weren't arena "abusing" were you? Since RNs can apparently run out in the arena.

He still got other stat ups, though. Like skill or defense.

Either way, I'm quite sure it happened on the field, as well.

Alright : o

I don't think I ever encounter it with Holyn!Faval, but you know how things go with the RNG. I'm guessing the Level system is a bit buggy- there's been similar reports in FE DS as well, with 100%+ growths (i.e often leading to no stat ups, despite seeing +2's sometimes). I'd test it if it wasn't so random and I wasn't lazy.

The one with the horse his better.

What's his name? I don't know, but he's better than his horse-less brother.

Why? Because both are bad, and one has a horse.

Why is the horse so invaluable? Because FE4 maps are huge, is even though they're both really meh as far as second gen are concerned, one at least doesn't get left in the dust, making him hard to level up. This doesn't really count against Lakche/Skasaha though, because they can like, level an army on their own so they can move ahead while other unit deal with castles/etc.

Really though, in the scheme of the second gen, they just aren't good =/ axes are really bad in FE4, and swords are godly, just how it worked out. The one without the horse (<_<) getting bows is sort of negligible because Lester/Faval > him, anyway. They don't even have memorable personalities. They characters are limited to "woooowwww i liurve lakche alot! wowzers shes cute" and one's super narcissistic IIRC, but that's pretty much it =/

Yes Horse Brother= Johan

No Horse Brother= Johalva.

And their personalities are messed up, I agree.

That's actually what I thought their names were, but I figured I'd save myself embarassment by at least contributing to WHY I don't remember their names instead of using them incorrectly.

*tries to remember names*

*forgets*

I get Johan because he's easier for the eyes but I end up ditching him anyway.

Easier for the eyes? How so?

Johan and Jolavier look almost the same to me. :mellow:

I dunno, Johan always seemed more attractive and looked gentler.

Of course. All narcistic people need to look gentler to take care their faces better.

Average stats aren't the most likely outcome, but merely the middle of all the possible outcomes. If you want the most likely outcome, you should use the mode, but that one doesn't really give as much information. As level increases, the chance the mode is going to be the actual stat for that unit on that level is getting smaller and smaller. That way, it only covers one of many possibilities, as opposed to everyone of them.

Averages are good because 50% of the time, the stat is higher, and 50% of the time, the stat is lower. Meaning that for every possibility that the stat turns out higher, there's one that it turns out lower as well.

Delete this post if this has been address, haven't read past this post yet.

Because stat ups are random events, they're expected value, or 'mode' I guess too, will be described by a normal distribution, that will be around the average anyway, so all you're actually suggesting is using a different statistical term...