Lucky

Robert

Out of all the Fe games I am usually unlucky:

from Oujay missing thrice with 89 hit chance and getting hit four times (23 or 24) in the arena

to getting hit at 2 in GOHW.

however I LUCKY in GOHW when Yuria dodged Fenrir that had 99 hit chance.

(it may not be too big a deal with the different RNG in fe4 but it saved me! :lol:

How about you?

Edited by Eclipse

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah! the cruelness of the RNG!

Once, Hector and Eliwood had support that helped defense, and I accidentaly moved hecktor, which gave the boss enough power to kill eliwood.....

I consider myself unlucky whenever Fir doesn't land a critical on one attack but then gets a critical on the second attack. Usually, I'm all 'gee, thanks; did you ever think about doing that critical hit the first time?'

And then, I got lucky in FE4 when Aira was facing a knight with around 4 HP left with a broken sword. Strangely enough, Astra activated, and that's how she killed the opponent off. I was really happy. :D

"I consider myself unlucky whenever Fir doesn't land a critical on one attack but then gets a critical on the second attack. Usually, I'm all 'gee, thanks; did you ever think about doing that critical hit the first time?'

- that happens all the time even with the wo dao..

as if the RNG is getting its last strike at you for having such high critical.

I was playing chapter 4-4 in FE10. A swordmaster brought Titania down to 4 HP and she activated Sol on the counter. She would've died if that didn't happen.

One time, on chapter 4-1, Rhys was attacked by a swordmaster and he dodged both times.

On ch. 4-5, Bastian survived 1 tiger and 2 cats while he was holding a mend staff.

A lot of my characters have had near death experiences.

You let him get Fenrir? I always have him dead before he finds it...bit of luck in hoping Shanan doesn't kick the bucket and cripple the stupid version of the survival rank which records all defeats, even if you hit reset...

FE5 players will be very used to missing on 99% and getting hit at 1% :(

Low percentage ciriticals in the arena basically. FEDS Athena getting two 6% chances in a row.

You let him get Fenrir? I always have him dead before he finds it...bit of luck in hoping Shanan doesn't kick the bucket and cripple the stupid version of the survival rank which records all defeats, even if you hit reset...

Shanam got hit by the yotmung whimacallit.

I didnt want to restart, so I retreated.

I missed twice in a row with 99% accurate Grafcalibur attack from Asvel.
FE5 players will be very used to missing on 99% and getting hit at 1% :(

After all, there is a legendary story where Othin was criticaled by a mere soldier with 1% Hit in the prologue, and died. :mellow:

After all, there is a legendary story where Othin was criticaled by a mere soldier with 1% Hit in the prologue, and died. :mellow:

WHAT?? Tell me more.

This seems so impossible that it's awesome.

WHAT?? Tell me more.

This seems so impossible that it's awesome.

No kidding, exactly what I said.

That was what I could recalled from an old, OLD post of someone....in FESS, IIRC.

No kidding, exactly what I said.

That was what I could recalled from an old, OLD post of someone....in FESS, IIRC.

I remember SpyroDi/Pukachi saying his Machua was criticalled to death by an armor knight with 1% hit.

Maybe you're thinking of that?

Will check it out.

Still seems pretty surreal, just for the fact that it was OTHIN getting crit.

EDIT: Saw TheEnd's post, seems more credible. Guess it was in chapter 4, right?

Edited by Carion

I remember SpyroDi/Pukachi saying his Machua was criticalled to death by an armor knight with 1% hit.

Maybe you're thinking of that?

No. I'm quite sure that person said Othin and not Machua.

• 2 weeks later...
I missed with 97% twice. Seeing how this is statistically impossible due to real hit calculations, I decided to screw hit values and just attack regardless of hit %.

Actually, 97 hit is 99.85 real hit.

Soldiers don't have only 1% hit on Othin in Ch1, so he might have had 1% crt. But I find it a bit unbelievable, since that Soldier would need 8 Skl just to have 1% crt on Othin.