52 members have voted

1. 1. Kent or Sain?

• Sain
    • Kent

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use Sain more out of favoritism although I'm pretty tempted to say Sain's better because his Speed is pretty good and his Strength goes up like a motherfucker. Kent's more balanced but... I still prefer Sain.

(Also I'm more biased now because on a recent playthrough sain maxed Speed/Strength before promotion <3 Nothing to do with why I believe Sain > Kent but I love Sain for it).

Edited by Nathan Graves

Sain is all offense, Kent is more balanced. I think Sain is slightly better because of his higher strength and decent speed, but Kent is awesome too. I always raise both. Aside from Oswin, the two don't really hold much competition for the Knight's Crest.

I give Sain a slim lance to balance him out and he can still one turn most units or OHKO them as well as hitting and doubling.

Kent is slightly weak and unlucky.

"Though Lowen is better than both"

I wasnt playing the rom, but last time I used lowen (estimate)

20/20

hp- high forties-46

str-16

skl-18

spd-16

luck-20 something

def-24

res-4

(that sucks)

Edited by MaraeSceptre

That's about average for him. It's more or less on par with enemy units; not like combat is a hard rank to increase.

Also Kent isn't DAing for THAT much longer and both pretty much 2HKO anyway during the time Kent's DAing (and Sain isn't). They have like 5% difference in their speed growths so it's not particularly significant... even if their base speeds are one or two points apart.

Edited by Nathan Graves

That's about average for him. It's more or less on par with enemy units; not like combat is a hard rank to increase.

Also Kent isn't DAing for THAT much longer and both pretty much 2HKO anyway during the time Kent's DAing (and Sain isn't). They have like 5% difference in their speed growths so it's not particularly significant... even if their base speeds are one or two points apart.

But Lowen has excellent supports. <3

Regardless, Kent is doubling more enemies. He's actually one-rounding Mercenaries, while Sain is two-rounding. Also, Kent has a faster Fiora support, so his offense will be slightly higher until SainxFiora B catches up.

Kent is probably better early on since he can double earlier. Once Sain can double about as reliably, he wins. His low skill isn't much of a problem when you can use all 3 weapon types, and with such high strength, Iron is usually enough.

Then again, they're great together, so use them both.

Personality wise definitely Sain... as for usefulness its a coin toss honestly. What's kind of funny is that these two best friends and comrades could end up in a love triangle fighting for Fiora's heart XD I dunno why but that just seems funny right now.

Personality wise definitely Sain... as for usefulness its a coin toss honestly. What's kind of funny is that these two best friends and comrades could end up in a love triangle fighting for Fiora's heart XD I dunno why but that just seems funny right now.
Yet another reason why Sain X Florina is needed. (Besides, Fiora is leaning more towards Kent anyways.)

To the topic on hand: It depends on the playthrough, but I'm usually leaning more towards Sain. For his personality, and his overall enemy screwage.

Edited by Staraptor

Yet another reason why Sain X Florina is needed. (Besides, Fiora is leaning more towards Kent anyways.)

To the topic on hand: It depends on the playthrough, but I'm usually leaning more towards Sain. For his personality, and his overall enemy screwage.

:mellow: Nah... Florina is annoying and stupid. Sain X Farina would be more interesting.

:mellow: Nah... Florina is annoying and stupid. Sain X Farina would be more interesting.

Sain: Good morning, oh beauteous Farina. You look so lovely today; do you care to join me for a morning tea?

Farina: 10,000 G and I’ll consider the offer.

But Lowen has excellent supports. <3
Slow support with Rebecca and Eliwood and not even guaranteed to be next to them that much. I don't think amazing defense compensates for his mediocre offense.
Regardless, Kent is doubling more enemies. He's actually one-rounding Mercenaries, while Sain is two-rounding.
Wrong. Kent isn't doubling Mercs earlier than Sain if at all; by the time there are Mercs they're both still two rounding them because neither are fast enough to take them on in one round.
Also, Kent has a faster Fiora support, so his offense will be slightly higher until SainxFiora B catches up.
Yeah Sain's supports do kinda blow. I think that Fiora's the only relevant support here, but it's not even giving Kent that great a boost and Fiora needs a couple chapters before they can be on the front with Kent/Sain. Her support doesn't apply that much until Chapter 20 or something.

Kent's speed isn't even that much higher. 1 higher base with 5% more growth.

Edited by Nathan Graves