Pre Banner Discussion: New Heroes Banner May 2024.

Posted (edited)

Hello again, the next New Heroes banner is scheduled to the 7th (as per Event Calendar) so we're around a week away which means it's time for another of these threads!

We already got FE5, Engage, Archanea and Fates this year. Leaving SoV, FE4, FE6, FE7, FE8, Tellius, Awakening and 3 Houses/Hopes (and TMS, lol).

Things that might be useful:

1) Last Time Each Game Got a New Heroes Banner (before 2024):

FE5: March 2022

Archanea: November 2022

Fates: December 2022

Tellius: February 2023

FE8: March 2023

Three Houses/Hopes: April 2023

FE6: June 2023

Engage: July 2023

FE4: September 2023

SoV: October 2023

FE7: November 2023

Awakening: December 2023

If they go by order as they have been doing (with the exception of adding Engage in the middle) then RD could be the next one but who knows, it could also be that they just wanted to give a banner to the titles that haven't gotten it in 2023 (so FE5, Archanea and Fates, in that order) and now that this happened, they might select the order by random, this month's choice will show us if the pattern is being kept.

2) This document made by @Jotari that lists which playable characters from each title are left to add (in an OG alt), I tend to keep it at hand during these NH banner predictions.

Anyway, without further ado, time to share our expectations, theories and wants (or not wants) about the upcoming banner!

Edited by ARMADS!!!

I don't think we'll see Sacred Stones given it's small roster. My gut feeling tells me they'll jump of both Tellius and Magvel to give us a Fodlan banner, since they, surprisingly, didn't have any Fodlan characters in the Fallen Banner.

What's more is that none of the remaining FE8 characters are women. I think that whenever the next FE8 banner comes they'll do the same that they did on this Archanea banner: two asset heroes and only release 2 new characters at a time (or one, if they leave it to the end of the year and manage to do 2 asset heroes + 1 OC like that Mycen banner), the good thing is that FE8 still has a few options for asset hero, L'arachel, Innes, Myrrh, Lyon and I wouldn't be surprised with an asspullish one like Selena or something (since both Ishtar and Reinhardt got it...).

For months now I've maintained that the New Heroes banners for April, June, and July would end up being Fates, Tellius, and Three Houses/Hopes, in some order. April gave us Fates, so I'm still expecting Tellius and TH for June and July. I want Tellius as soon as possible, and I desperately want Brom on the banner.

1 hour ago, ARMADS!!! said:

What's more is that none of the remaining FE8 characters are women. I think that whenever the next FE8 banner comes they'll do the same that they did on this Archanea banner: two asset heroes and only release 2 new characters at a time (or one, if they leave it to the end of the year and manage to do 2 asset heroes + 1 OC like that Mycen banner), the good thing is that FE8 still has a few options for asset hero, L'arachel, Innes, Myrrh, Lyon and I wouldn't be surprised with an asspullish one like Selena or something (since both Ishtar and Reinhardt got it...).

There is still Ismaire as a female option.

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

There is still Ismaire as a female option.

Oh yeah, I was just thinking playable characters. I've been feeling for years now that Ismaire was absolutely gonna make it into the game while the other rulers/royal parents had a chance of not ever showing up (quite surprising that Vigarde got 2 alts for that matter).

4 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

For months now I've maintained that the New Heroes banners for April, Junes, and July would end up being Fates, Tellius, and Three Houses/Hopes, in some order. April gave us Fates, so I'm still expecting Tellius and TH for June and July. I want Tellius as soon as possible, and I desperately want Brom on the banner.

How did you get to the conclusion that it were gonna be these 3 titles exactly for these 3 months? Not that it looks wrong, seems like a very real possibility, I just wanna know in what it was based (like, if you followed the list on how long each title hasn't gotten a banner then why did you skip FE8, or how did you knew that Engage was gonna "skip the line before Fates"? Or did you base the guess on something else other than the list?).

I really want it to be a skippable banner cause I'm already considering getting 2 or 3 of the bridal units (right after going for 2 units on the fallen banner, and I'll probably try to get some good units on the Legendary banner too) and that will leave me with very few orbs to whatever this next banner ends up being... Please, Volug don't come just right now.

10 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

What's more is that none of the remaining FE8 characters are women.

Ah, the downsides of a gacha game. If the woman run out then you're in peril when it comes to crafting banners. 

I am going to guess 3Hs since it hasn't had any reps on a banner since the bunny banner and IS loves to shove 3Hs in, though I fully expect 3Hs on one of the summer banners so it could be Tellius or Engage.  Looking at that list I really need to start saving since both the brave banner and a FE 6 banner will be possible close together.  

Now I just remembered that last year we got mythic Heidr on the NH banner of june, I wonder if they'll put Nidhoggr or Hreaesvelg on this one, better save my orbs just in case... Guess I'll wait until the trailer to summon on the bridal banner.

That makes me think that it really could be FE8 since it has such a small roster to add and no women left, so they could just throw one (or two, if they're really stingy with new units) female Asset Hero(es?) along with Hreaesvelg/Nidhoggr and let them carry the banner, like they did last year by adding Noah and Dorothy and letting Fir and Heidr carry it.

1 hour ago, EricaofRenais said:

I am going to guess 3Hs since it hasn't had any reps on a banner since the bunny banner and IS loves to shove 3Hs in, though I fully expect 3Hs on one of the summer banners so it could be Tellius or Engage.  Looking at that list I really need to start saving since both the brave banner and a FE 6 banner will be possible close together.  

Lol, look at the point we got, we find it weird when 3H doesn't show up for single month... I had noticed this too but I'm choosing to feed my hopes that the 3H fest ended (since they've been shoving Engage so much this year, speaking of that I fully hope it to not be Engage again, I like that nowadays they don't repeat the title of NH banners per year and I wish it to stay that way), not that it makes difference if I complain or not cause 3H will surely get a NH banner this year anyway no matter the month, and I agree with you that they'll surely be on the summer banner.

Posted (edited)

In terms of seasonals I think Summer Alear is a safe bet. Summer Ivy did mention they were at the beach.

I'd be rooting for male Alear but my guess is that it would be the female one.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

I’m thinking it’ll be Tellius next while Three Houses / Hopes will be saved for July, just before Three Houses turns five years old. Besides, we’re pretty likely to get some Summer TH units in the back half of June in the meantime.

As for who I’d want from a Tellius banner, just give Jarod (if Radiant Dawn) or Gromell (if Path of Radiance) as the GHB. Since Griss didn’t get the GHB slot on the last Engage banner, my grail count is at 6,465.

3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

In terms of seasonals I think Summer Corrin is a safe bet. Summer Ivy did mention they were at the beach.

I'd be rooting for male Alear but my guess is that it would be the female one.

We already have summer female Corrin and we literally just got a male Corrin, so I kinda doubt this one.

18 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

How did you get to the conclusion that it were gonna be these 3 titles exactly for these 3 months? Not that it looks wrong, seems like a very real possibility, I just wanna know in what it was based (like, if you followed the list on how long each title hasn't gotten a banner then why did you skip FE8, or how did you knew that Engage was gonna "skip the line before Fates"? Or did you base the guess on something else other than the list?).

A combination of several factors. Keeping track of when the last time each game got a New Heroes banner, taking into account which games might get skipped over due to how many characters are or are not left to add, figuring Engage might follow a similar pattern to Three Houses back when TH was getting its first batch of banners (for example, TH got a NH banner in March giving us Lysithea and Bernadetta, so I assumed Engage might follow a similar pattern and get a banner in February or March, and its second banner I'm guessing will be somewhere around September/October, following the previous TH pattern of a banner in March/October), etc. From all that, I formed the theory that April, June, and July would bring us Tellius, Fates, and Three Houses/Hopes. Skipping May because I knew it'd be the Fallen banner, of course.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Florete said:

We already have summer female Corrin and we literally just got a male Corrin, so I kinda doubt this one.

Indeed. I meant Alear but wrote Corrin for some reason.

Edited by Etrurian emperor