The Capcom super elections

Capcom held an online survey back in February about a range of topics regarding their games and whose questions asked straight out what legacy franchises you'd like to see return in a new game, what games are deserving of a remake, etc. Apparently 250,000 people submitted across 220 countries. Wow! Didn't know about it? Whoops!

I actually wasn't expecting them to publish the results, but here they are. Some questions have an extended PDF, like seeing the Top 468th Favorite Capcom games. This is juicy data. A lot of this is what we were expecting. Capcom's Big Three (Street fighter, Resident Evil, Monster Hunter) generally reign supreme among favorite games. The survival horror stuff and cries for more Dino Crisis can be heard around the world except in Japan. Lot of love for Devil May Cry, which is interesting because that always felt especially niche, even when 5 came out. Dante is the #1 favorite capcom character in Japan and the World? Holy moly. Okami is another surprise, especially when the world is agreeing with Japan here. 

Did any of you take this survey? I sure did. I definitely remember I picked Tron Bonne as my favorite Capcom character. I'm pretty sure my favorite Capcom game was Resident Evil, the original for PS1. And my paragraph-length comment was telling Capcom they don't need a partner like Marvel to do a great 'Vs' style tag team fighting game. Just do Capcom vs Capcom, and you won't have nearly as much creative restriction. People would love it. Although with the Street fighter news of late, it sounds like they're teeing up Capcom vs SNK 3, I wouldn't complain about that either! I'm happy reading the Capcom Community's results here. Such a range of tastes. One japanese comment is asking for Breath of Fire ports on Steam "they don't even have to be remakes" dude I could have written that. 100% agreed on Capcom ports.

Edited by Zapp Branniglenn

absolutely adore the old dudes who are asking for a sequel to 1942

e: legit though both surprised and impressed that they just went out and published the data like this. hats off to you crapcom

Edited by Integrity

I will be voting for Dr. Wily in spite of him being in jail.

21 hours ago, Integrity said:

absolutely adore the old dudes who are asking for a sequel to 1942

3 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

a sequel to the sequel to 1942 then GOSH

Posted (edited)

just remembered that I posted a screenie the day of

capcom_survey.png?ex=666b6750&is=666a15d0&hm=041e8510428df5ceba20828847449617b1ceb4879d123b0fe38f9c371053f64c&

She's great

On 6/11/2024 at 6:24 PM, Integrity said:

e: legit though both surprised and impressed that they just went out and published the data like this. hats off to you crapcom

Not just this. Capcom has been updating their 1+million sales 'Platinum' game list since at least 2009. Granted, it's just a company flaunting how successful they are to potential investors, but hard data like that is super uncommon.

Edited by Zapp Branniglenn