Sports

Gatrie: Guns Blazing

I used to do kickboxing, later I moved to Muai Thai and then went to boxing. Currently I'm not practicing any sport; I just limit myself to pump iron and practice Krav Maga (it's a military hand-to-hand combat system, not a sport).

I guess I like to play tennis and hockey. I'm very skilled with my hands. I blame video games.

I've also been told I'm a beast at soccer. I blame my tendency to want to kick everything.

Football, soccer, and i play basketball but i suck at it and hate it, but i still play it :D. Haven't played soccer in awhile (4th grade but i do play it every now and then with my brother) but i am going to hopefully play it in school next year.

I'm on my high school's varsity tennis team as 3rd doubles, but I like singles better. I also played soccer for many years, but they were moved to the same season, so I had to pick between it and tennis.

This is where my age and history become a bit depressing.

I used to play sports competitively; I was a good baseball player, a decent basketball player, an OK football (soccer) player, but an outstanding hockey player to the point where I played a year of semi-professional roller hockey as a goaltender. That was back in 1998-99.

Now, ten years later, I'm 28, and have been unable to play competitive sports for about four years. My last ankle injury (a torn tendon), combined with a history of concussions, pretty much mean that my only involvement on the ice or on the field will be as an official. I still referee ice hockey, and have done very well as one, but I admit I still get the itch to play.

I'm quite an excellent volleyball player. I don't say that to be arrogant or something, but it's true. I train three hours a week with my own team, three hours a week with a special selection team of the region I play in competitively with my own team (the highest youth team where I live), as well as three hours with one of the highest senior teams in the place I live in. That's a semi-professional team. I play matches with my own team, and sometimes I have to play with that senior team as well, if they're short on players for a match.

Quite impressive for a fifteen-year old student, if I may say so myself ^_^