Opinions Needed: Fates/Awakening variables for a Magic Tournement

Hello, I am looking for some opinions for a project I am working on- A tournament of mages from every fire emblem game.

But I need to figure out some variables for the Avatar characters and Children characters. While they can use some mediocre iron weapons, only Tomes are varied. If you have any opinions on them, please tell me what you think is best.

Children can inherit almost any skill their parents get from their base class/promotions, but not from the secondary classes. (Example: Cynthia if has Henry for a parent, she cannot inherit skills from the Barbarian or Thief lines.)

Robin (F) (Grandmaster)- Best Boon and Bane? 

Corrin (F) (Nohr Noble)- Best boon and bane?

Tharja- Doesn't have a "canon" promotion I can find- Should I make her a Sorcerer or Dark Knight for the tourney?

Henry- Doesn't have a "canon" promotion I can find- Should I make him a Sorcerer or Dark Knight for the tourney?

Nyx- Doesn't have a "canon" promotion I can find- Should I make her a Sorcerer or Dark Knight for the tourney?

Morgan (F) (Grandmaster)- 

Cynthia (Dark Flier)- 

Brady (Sage)- 

Laurent (Sage)-

Kana (Nohr Noble)- 

Dwyer (Strategist)-

Mitama (Onmyoji)-

Rhajat (Onmyoji)-

Forrest (Strategist)-

Percy (Malig Knight)-

Ophelia (Sorcerer)-

Do you mean to use canon promotions for everyone, or just the ones who can be mages in either promotion path? Because Dwyer, for example, I think is canon butler - see the heirs of fate DLC.

I was going to say Nyx is an enemy in Heirs of Fates' final, but double checking myself, it seems, no, she's not. It's only the fathers who are enemies there, no doubt for the drama of it. Guess that means we can imagine some of the women weren't killed.

Seconding Dwyer as Butler. It's obviously the class his character was designed for. But since this is a mage contest that would make him unable to compete as a Butler?

8 hours ago, Palasid said:

Robin (F) (Grandmaster)- Best Boon and Bane? 

Corrin (F) (Nohr Noble)- Best boon and bane?

If its a mage tournament, obvious Magic Boon, Strength Bane makes the most sense.

I am tempted to say Luck bane for Corrin instead, as it is incredibly common to consider it the best pick thanks to the Goddess icon in the pre-branch of Fates section making for a quick fix (and luck being seen as one of the worst stats in general), but I think the more specialized bane/boon combination is funnier.

8 hours ago, Palasid said:

Tharja- Doesn't have a "canon" promotion I can find- Should I make her a Sorcerer or Dark Knight for the tourney?

Henry- Doesn't have a "canon" promotion I can find- Should I make him a Sorcerer or Dark Knight for the tourney?

Nyx- Doesn't have a "canon" promotion I can find- Should I make her a Sorcerer or Dark Knight for the tourney?

My gut says Sorcerer for Tharja and Nyx, and Dark Knight for varieties sake on Henry, but I have no real substantive basis for it.

Sorry I don't have strong opinion on skill inheritance in general.

Posted (edited)
On 7/14/2024 at 5:41 PM, Original Alear said:

Do you mean to use canon promotions for everyone, or just the ones who can be mages in either promotion path? Because Dwyer, for example, I think is canon butler - see the heirs of fate DLC.

I intend on using every canon class where I can, but I will prefer the Tome class if their official promotion cant use it. AKA Dwyer is a Strategist.

Edited by Palasid