Quick question regarding support

Sorry in advance if this is a known thing.

I'm on chapter 16 (Eirika if it's important), and I've seen only 4 supports (Franz-Forde, Forde-Kyle, Eirika-Seth and Neimi-Colm which was automatic after he joined), and all of them C rank , I'm using mostly the same composition since like, chapter 6 or so, is it supposed to take this long? Even Natasha, who's been healing left and right, has no support with anyone.

I know there are 21 chapters, so I'm pretty much nearing the end. Is this a glitch?

Edited by Alef Zero

It depends on how quickly you are getting through the game, as supports in these older titles can take a while. As an example, the Franz-Forde support would require the two end the turn adjacent for 27 turns to go from C to B, and they are aren't exactly a slow support for this game. If you want to look at some more details, the main site has some solid information you can look up here: https://serenesforest.net/the-sacred-stones/characters/supports/

Unfortunately, GBA supports require the characters to be adjacent to each other for multiple turns to build. And many of them require dozens of turns adjacent to each other just for one support, to the point you have to intentionally stall to pursue supports. As you would expect, it's easily my most hated aspect of the support system. Furthermore, you can only have 5 supports per unit.

Edited by Shadow Mir

You only accrue supports when the two units end player phase standing next to each other. Sacred Stones actually has the fastest support growths in GBA era - and further aided by its smaller cast, but it's still a very slow process that they probably expected you to do in optional maps like the Tower of Valni

Posted (edited)

Guess I'll just farm supports next to empty throne. Some quality gameplay.

Can someone give me a quick instruction how to apply the patch removing support limit?
I've got it from here: https://feuniverse.us/t/fe7-8-more-than-5-supports-fix/1291, but have no idea how to install it.

I tried to apply it via Event Assembler, it returned no errors, but all units have the same amount of Supports "left".

Edited by Alef Zero

55 minutes ago, Alef Zero said:

Guess I'll just farm supports next to empty throne. Some quality gameplay.

Can someone give me a quick instruction how to apply the patch removing support limit?
I've got it from here: https://feuniverse.us/t/fe7-8-more-than-5-supports-fix/1291, but have no idea how to install it.

I tried to apply it via Event Assembler, it returned no errors, but all units have the same amount of Supports "left".

If you want, I can make a UPS for you that removes the support limit and doubles the rate at which supports are gained.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Jotari said:

If you want, I can make a UPS for you that removes the support limit and doubles the rate at which supports are gained.

If you would, I'd be very grateful. I think limiting A support to only one, would still be a good idea.

Edited by Alef Zero

2 hours ago, Alef Zero said:

If you would, I'd be very grateful. I think limiting A support to only one, would still be a good idea.

Okay, try this.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/xqltj9a4c4a1ha6uvqpow/NicerSupports.ups?rlkey=bd17hy47r79r55rkyirvlzbjv&st=0nlcrmhf&dl=0

I've installed the patches to let you support five people instead of five times (so not quite everyone in a single playthrough, but a lot more) and made it so supports will be gained by having units within 5 tiles of each other. Supports will build just as slowly, but five tiles gives you a lot more freedom with positioning units. If you want to play or modify any of this stuff, I suggest you download Fire Emblem Builder GBA, as it's pretty easy to use for simple stuff like this.

16 hours ago, Jotari said:

Okay, try this.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/xqltj9a4c4a1ha6uvqpow/NicerSupports.ups?rlkey=bd17hy47r79r55rkyirvlzbjv&st=0nlcrmhf&dl=0

I've installed the patches to let you support five people instead of five times (so not quite everyone in a single playthrough, but a lot more) and made it so supports will be gained by having units within 5 tiles of each other. Supports will build just as slowly, but five tiles gives you a lot more freedom with positioning units. If you want to play or modify any of this stuff, I suggest you download Fire Emblem Builder GBA, as it's pretty easy to use for simple stuff like this.

Awesome, thank you very much.

4 hours ago, Alef Zero said:

Awesome, thank you very much.

Oh, I think you'll still only be able to get on A support by the way. Since A supports are connected to paired endings. So four B supports and one A support should be your max, as opposed to vanilla where you can get one A support and one B support, or one A support and two C supports.