The Mafia to End all Mafias - GAME OVER

Sunwoo

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Shinori said:

I did claim a role that is probably anti-town.

What do you take of that?

Kinda depends.

If it's something that gets impacted based on targeting, like Sunwoo's role last game, then it makes sense to identify it to townside to avoid negative impacts with said role. I know there are also other roles that are policy to basically claim D1, if it can affect reads (cop/alignment scans) of other players on you to avoid being called out later for it, but generally those are said plainly so we know beforehand. (My brain is lowkey forgetting all of the role/ability names while I'm typing this.)

I also can't fault you for not being clear if it's not the latter role concern, because feeding Scum more information than necessary is detrimental to town. But your vagueness doesn't do much to instill the clarity/importance of you even talking about your role publicly, which calls into question why you're even mentioning it at this time. The only thing I can assume is you did it to generate discussion for D1 to get the ball rolling, but even then, it's not what I'd normally expect you to use to push things along.

Townside would have more risk in role talking this early with all scum alive, but with the vagueness of how you mentioned it, it also doesn't make it risky to do from scum side either, since nothing was fully confirmed outside of how it "looked". And with many other roles easily being/fitting either alignment, it doesn't fill a whole lot of blanks either.

TL;DR: I didn't get Sunwoo vibes from your claim, and it doesn't do me any favors in helping/harming (in reads) on your slot either directly based on THIS particular action you took in mentioning said role. It was not specific enough to have clear townsided intentions due to limited information revealed, and BECAUSE OF THE VAGUENESS, this action could have come from scum or townside.

30 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

There are 9 players so I assume ~3 are Mafia.

I can't tell if anything relevant happened on Page 1:

Shinori and Ichigo started by joking around and Eury voted for Aster out of nowhere and disappeared (apart from explaining they haven't played in a while), which is suspicious.

But regarding Shinori, while they're drawing massive red flags on themself, I don't think they're Mafia? It'd be way too obvious otherwise. Instead I suspect they're a jester or vengeance role of some sort.

So @Eurykins, why DID you vote for Aster? Resentment from the last game?

I'm used to only 2 mafia in a 9 player game

1 hour ago, Ichigo said:

Do you have any thoughts on who not to vote for so far?

Aster this was me asking you if you were townreading anybody from the first page or so. Or if you had no reads at all.

Basically what Shinori is doing but less extra

18 minutes ago, Shinori said:

I did claim a role that is probably anti-town.

Typically these types of claims mean you are something like miller or ascetic and you claim the role itself so it doesn't interfere with other town roles. I am not sure why you are claiming to have an anti-town role but not giving further information.

33 minutes ago, Shinori said:

Out of curiosity DF, what red flags am I drawing on myself exactly?  Everything I've done so far has just been pro town unless you disagree with me fast forwarding discussion or telling you that my role is maybe inherently anti-town in what it does.

This is the main part, but also the joking around about how you definitely aren't going to mislead newbies. I know you were just kidding, but it's worth making a note of, right? I don't want to be like I was last time, unable to pick up on anything.

Though now I think about it, if your role was anything like my Ascetic I guess it being "anti-town" makes sense (I couldn't be interacted with at night, so an investigator wouldn't know that I was innocent).

32 minutes ago, Eurykins said:

She was my buddy, and we had fun collaborating things

Okay, if that's how you feel then my point vanishes, though I'm still curious why you voted for her now.

32 minutes ago, Eurykins said:

What "mistake" are you referring to here? Do you think Shinori would have a good reason to call for votes on Ichigo at this time, or do you think something else is going on? 

Last time Shinori reminded me lynching is always a good thing so I randomly voted for someone who'd spoken earlier in the thread, but that backfired hard and made everyone think I was scum. (So while I want to be more proactive this time, I also want to wait a bit before voting.)

6 hours ago, Shinori said:

Also for anyone new, or returning.  If you wish to be invisible while online, maybe because you want to lurk and just watch the thread chaos for you scummy people out there: you have to enable it in your profile settings or reenable if you are returning because for whatever reason it was disabled some time ago.

I love being invisible.

4 hours ago, Aster said:

Should I just vote for myself?

Spin a wheel if you really have no one to vote for and you wanna partake in RVS. I normally just pick someone I’m familiar with and vote them because it’s funny.

Speaking of:
Vote: @Elieson

Oh wait I might have done that wrong. :facepalm:
##Vote: @Elieson

4 hours ago, Aster said:

If scum votes me I'm willing to take one for the team.

No need to be so defeatist. Your reads and your role could still greatly help Town, if you see a vote starting against you try to understand why that is. If you understand why people are voting you, you could rebuke the things you disagree with about what they’re saying about you. A lot of the time, people will be wanting something from you if they’re voting you. That could be something like they think you don’t have enough reads or your attitude in thread is making them wary of you. If it’s something you think you can change to make them view you in a better light then go for it!

2 hours ago, Aster said:

I just don't like you trying to lynch someone so quickly,

Looks to me like he’s just trying to put pressure on someone. Early votes like this aren’t usually intended to be the final wagon.

People act differently under pressure and are more likely to slip with it and you’ll get more of their raw feelings and thoughts than the character they have inthread.

2 hours ago, Shinori said:

Maybe a wolf player is EXPERTLY using their sly nature to trick town into misslynching someone.

:huh:, hmmm. 

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

There are 9 players so I assume ~3 are Mafia.

I’d think it’s more likely to be 2. Think of Among Us and how 2 imposter games are usually between 7 and 10 people (sometimes more than 10), a similar logic can be applied to how many maf could be in a game.

I’ll respond to Page 3 when someone else posts, don’t want to clog up the thread (or at least more than I already have lol).

4 hours ago, Shinori said:

A mixture of teaching maybe but also I'm feeling some vibes from you that could be scum.

In that case:

##Vote: @Shinori

I'll let that be my vote for now for the reasons mentioned at the top of this page and see if anyone looks suspicious or there's a bandwagon near the end of D1. Also I just realized you saying your role is anti-town also doubles as a warning to investigator roles since you might be a veteran or some other role with an auto-self defence ability.

3 hours ago, JamieIsBored said:

’d think it’s more likely to be 2. Think of Among Us and how 2 imposter games are usually between 7 and 10 people (sometimes more than 10), a similar logic can be applied to how many maf could be in a game.

Gotcha, thanks!

7 hours ago, Shinori said:

It’s fine as long as your in-thread is good and you don’t knowingly sabotage us with it.

7 hours ago, Shinori said:

I'm feeling some vibes from you that could be scum.

As you’re now around can you explain please? I’m actually feeling Fates is quite towny. He seems to be trying to analyse the thread more than he was last game, only problem I could see was wariness of putting down a vote initially but I think he’s explained why he hasn’t done that well enough.

They seem kind of cagey-ish to me with their responses, and their avoidance to want to vote, and hey sometimes new players are like that.

I'm going to try my best to read that OMGUS as just a noobie mistake but even that withstanding I question why they vote me.  They said citing the reasons at the top of this page but:

This is the main part, but also the joking around about how you definitely aren't going to mislead newbies. I know you were just kidding, but it's worth making a note of, right? I don't want to be like I was last time, unable to pick up on anything.

Though now I think about it, if your role was anything like my Ascetic I guess it being "anti-town" makes sense (I couldn't be interacted with at night, so an investigator wouldn't know that I was innocent).

They talk about my joke being a joke, they talk about my claim potentially making sense to them.

Okay, if that's how you feel then my point vanishes, though I'm still curious why you voted for her now.

They question's eury's vote again, which both myself and Eury mentioned towards being RVS.  I even went on to explain what RVS is because I'm sure it's not a term they fully know or understand.

Last time Shinori reminded me lynching is always a good thing so I randomly voted for someone who'd spoken earlier in the thread, but that backfired hard and made everyone think I was scum. (So while I want to be more proactive this time, I also want to wait a bit before voting.)

They talk about how last game, which was their first game, I told them that they should vote.  A better thing is to maybe say have some reads but at the time I believe I told them that they should vote to which they chose to not put too much thought into it and that's fine.

So what reasoning is there to cite really?  They may have meant from the previous page to some extent where they questioned some of my play, but I've been very open about what I'm doing in this situation and in this game at the moment and none of these reasons really say much of why what I'm doing is scummy.  Hell, some of them even state that I'm probably correct/townie for doing so.

_________

Starting mafia as a new player can be very daunting at first, not knowing things to look for or all the things like EBWOP, WIFOM, OMGUS, etc.  We've kind of played this game though once of which at the end of the last game they said they would 'worry about their vote history' because of what happened.  Hey that's fine but the way I'm reading their cageyness towards their vote seems more like first time scum that is wary that if they vote someone for awkward reasons they will catch some back lash for it in the future.

That OMGUS seems like a newbie mistake, considering they don't know what it really is, and I feel their reasoning doesn't really stand up to contention.  I'm going to try my best to read that as NAI for the sakes of this game at the current moment.

Hmmm okay. 

43 minutes ago, Shinori said:

Hey that's fine but the way I'm reading their cageyness towards their vote seems more like first time scum that is wary that if they vote someone for awkward reasons they will catch some back lash for it in the future.

I think it’s quite possible that ROA, Fates would be cautious early game with their vote purely due to last game and the amount of backlash that he got from that. 

2 minutes ago, Aster said:

Yeah I'm still trying to vibe-read myself. Just really hard time telling this early.

Who are you vibing with the most atm?

34 minutes ago, JamieIsBored said:

Who are you vibing with the most atm?

I...have no idea to be honest. I'll have to reread everything closely.

1 hour ago, Aster said:

I...have no idea to be honest. I'll have to reread everything closely.

There's not that much to really deeply read into.

Isn't a vibe just kind of like how you're feeling in the moment? Not over analyzing things?  What's your vibe reads?

3 hours ago, JamieIsBored said:

I think it’s quite possible that ROA, Fates would be cautious early game with their vote purely due to last game and the amount of backlash that he got from that. 

Not sure what ROA means but the rest is correct. While I partly defended Shinori I'm still slightly suspicious of them. My vote for them was mostly to counteract their vote for me, but as I said earlier I'll change it once we get a better idea of where everyone stands and if anyone seems super suspicious. Taking Shinori at their word they're probably an Ascetic at best or Veteran at worst.

4 hours ago, Shinori said:

They seem kind of cagey-ish to me with their responses,

I'm doing my best to parse what everyone has to say but there's so little to pick out right now, I simply don't have much to contribute right now is the problem. How Eurykins generates walls of speculation out of seemingly nothing is beyond me and I envy her for it.

Also from what I gather, SF uses a rotating list of roles instead of having a set number of them and adding/ removing them until all players get one, so it's not like I can metagame this either.

For what it matters DF - voting someone just because they voted you is generally not good.  You could genuinely think I'm scum and if you have reasons as to why then I'm sure people would be glad to hear it.  But if your sole reason to vote me is just to counteract my vote - it's not a good idea.

Am I suspicious? Do you think I'm scum just because I voted you?  You mentioned you're 'slightly' suspicious of me - what about my posts do you think is scummy?

You also said previously that I was drawing red flags on myself but when I asked about this you didn't respond, maybe you missed it.

21 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Not sure what ROA means but the rest is correct.

Regardless of Alignment.

21 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

or Veteran at worst.

Why would Vet announce inthread? Surely the whole point is to make scum want to kill them.