The Mafia to End all Mafias - GAME OVER

Sunwoo

FINAL D1 VOTALS

DefyingFates (5): Shinori, Ichigo, Bluedoom, Eurykins, FE Fan
Aster (1)Jamie
Ichigo (1): DefyingFates
Eurykins (1): Elieson

Not Voting (1): Aster

There was this soldier who invoked the spirits of the wind, but that just made the rest of you suspicious he was up to no good.

On 9/6/2024 at 7:41 PM, Sunwoo said:

Dear DefyingFates,

You are the song “A Ghost in the Trenches,” which is about the Canadian soldier Francis Pegahmagabow.

Twice during the night phase, you may reply to your role PM with: Night X - Invoke the spirits of the wind on <USER>. You will obtain <USER>’s role PM.

You are aligned with the Entente. You win when all threats to your alignment are removed.

Eh ...

IT IS NOW N1.

N1 ends on Tuesday September 10 at 9:00 PM PST. N1 will not end early even if I get all actions in early.

Edited by Sunwoo

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry DF...dangit that role could've been so helpful too. Just...really sorry...

I'm also sorry to you guys. You just wanted to enjoy your game and I was dampening the fun by dragging my own baggage into things, and you deserve better than that. Sun deserves better than that when she put so much work into this game and themed it off of a band she's passionate about. Y'all just wanted to have a good time, and I was letting the game get to me too much, and it was cruel to do to you.

I would like to play the game going forward normally but expect me to be way more quiet from here on out. I'm really sorry for the outright infantile and disgusting behavior.

Still don't have as solid a lead on anyone and will have to reread a lot of the interactions that've happened when the wagon turned to DF if that helps. A few of my initial town reads also voted for DF so that really puts anything I was thinking back to square one. I think I'm starting to get more town vibes from Shinori just for the gut reaction of if DF were a Doctor, so even if they were on the DF wagon, something about that reaction strikes me as town. Elieson I think is also town just for both not wagoning and for something they intend to test out with their role, and I know that could be a fake claim, but something about it has a good vibe. Everyone else I'm going to have to re-evaluate, especially if they voted for DF, though I know that isn't always the only reason.

Jamie I think is also town at this point which if they can prove their role tomorrow will solidify how I feel and also they didn't wagon on DF either.

I'm trying to re-evaluate the stuff I missed after taking a break and I'm still really scared to make any scum reads because I don't wanna mistakenly peg someone as scum which like it's bad enough on Day 1 and will look worse as it goes along. I feel like by process of elimination based on who I'm feeling good about is FE Fan (but they're new so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt) and honestly Ichigo with how they're flip-flopping on their votes a lot, first joining the Jamie wagon and then going for the DF wagon. HOWEVER, I am still not confident in this assessment. Marth I'm also slowly losing vibes in but that's not a strong enough hunch to go off of.

3 hours ago, Eurykins said:

Once again, I don't understand this vote. Ichigo was literally middle of the pack according to the list posted just above (between me, Shinori, etc.) in the NULL READS. WHERE DID THIS COME FROM? I CAN'T FOLLOW THE LOGIC.
WHAT THEORY?
IF YOU THINK HE'S SCUM, WHY VOTE AND THEN OFFER TO REDACT THE VOTE?

To better explain my thought process, I was also trying to do a process of elimination given the idea was "Jamie and FE Fan are town infighting, one of the nulls who voted for Jamie is probably mafia, Ichigo is a null who voted Jamie, it might be them". Then I thought it over and realized I was thinking too deep into it so I unvoted them. I'm sorry that I didn't elaborate that better.

I'm very sorry I made you uncomfortable with the freak-out earlier. I don't wanna draw any more attention to it than necessary but seeing as it made you in particular were hurt by it, I do want to more formally apologize as it was disgusting behavior on my end.

The one thing about Ichigo though is depending on their playstyle I get being more prone to feel confident about a vote if you're going with a crowd. That does just happen. So like even if I'm somewhat suspicious I'm still prone to giving the benefit of the doubt here.

5 minutes ago, Aster said:

Marth I'm also slowly losing vibes in but that's not a strong enough hunch to go off of.

To elaborate on this, it's entirely gut feelings at this point, nothing serious, just that they've dropped from town to null in my book.

3 hours ago, Eurykins said:

Yet, for as much as the "Help" comes and goes, I legit feel like we're watching someone tied up flailing over a pot of boiling oil and it's bothering me a lot. If this is due to IRL distractions/stress, then I strongly suggest either requesting Sunwoo to sub out at this point, or finding a day to sit down and reassess the thread. This slot is making me uncomfortable in the sense that, if this continues and they ARE townside, I am not getting any helpful reads or interactions at this point.

If you genuinely feel this way still, I'll drop out.

You should be having fun this game, not feel uncomfortable. I'm just really sorry that I hurt you this much, and I understand entirely if you don't accept my apology and are still upset because you have every right to be about that kind of behavior. I'm just so sorry.

9 hours ago, Elieson said:

Night-talk is allowed.

I was not expecting/aware of this. Time to do something

Only if you have a role that allows it, I believe.

Speaking of, I checked with Sunwoo and they gave me permission to leave a final message here.

So. Would you believe I fell asleep just before the bandwagon started and only got here ~39 minutes after Sunwoo called End Of Day? Oops.

19 hours ago, Aster said:

I'm so sorry DF...dangit that role could've been so helpful too. Just...really sorry...

I'm also sorry to you guys. You just wanted to enjoy your game and I was dampening the fun by dragging my own baggage into things, and you deserve better than that. Sun deserves better than that when she put so much work into this game and themed it off of a band she's passionate about. Y'all just wanted to have a good time, and I was letting the game get to me too much, and it was cruel to do to you.

I would like to play the game going forward normally but expect me to be way more quiet from here on out. I'm really sorry for the outright infantile and disgusting behavior.

Please don't worry about any of this, it's fine! I know it's "just a game" but stuff like this can get a bit stressful, can't it? Don't give up on Mafia or yourself because of something like this, I get the feeling you're going through some stuff outside of this too, if you don't mind my saying.

Anyway, see you all in the post-mortem part of the thread a few days from now!

Edited by DefyingFates

The Dreadnoughts dread nothing at all, but they are not invincible.

On 9/6/2024 at 7:34 PM, Sunwoo said: 

Dear Elieson,

You are the song “Dreadnought,” which is about the dreadnought-type battleships of WWI.

During the night phase, you may reply to your role PM with: Night X – Send message to <USER>: <Message>. <Message> must be 100 words or less. Your target may not reply.

You are aligned with the Entente. You win when all threats to your alignment are removed.

It is now D2. D2 ends on Thursday September 12 at 9:00 PM PST.

Starting D2, there will be new deadline lynch and hammer conditions. To achieve deadline lynch, a player must have 50% of all available votes on them. To hammer, a player must have 50%+1 of all available votes.

Deadline lynch is achieved when a player has 4 votes. Hammer occurs when a player has 5 votes.

1 minute ago, Bluedoom said:

Bruh, Elie, why the fuck did you claim jailkeeper for no reason

I legit assume he did it to attract NK so he wouldn't have to re-read and play the game essentially. 
I see no other reason why he'd do that.

I have some good news but I'm not going to state it?

Not sure how I learned this stuff.

Also yeh - I read elie as town very quickly in like their second post during their recap but they claimed jailor to obviously just die.  Gonna wait to see what other people say as they pop in.

23 hours ago, Aster said:

I feel like by process of elimination based on who I'm feeling good about is FE Fan (but they're new so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt) and honestly Ichigo with how they're flip-flopping on their votes a lot, first joining the Jamie wagon and then going for the DF wagon. HOWEVER, I am still not confident in this assessment. Marth I'm also slowly losing vibes in but that's not a strong enough hunch to go off of.

Hey I'm not flip-flopping, I got off of Jamie due to their claim and I thought I was onto something with DefyFate.

I mean assuming two scum and no vig - we are 5-2 and still a day away from needing to worry about *YLO.

I guess actually that kind of lends factor to maybe claiming because of counter claims?  But eh I don't think that is something we really have to worry about too much here - I think this game is not as cut and dry per say.