The Mafia to End all Mafias - GAME OVER

Sunwoo

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This feels like the appropriate time to ask. What is a "hammer" and what does it do?

Also, this rule: "1. This is a NOC game. You may only talk outside the thread if your role PM allows it."

Does that mean none of us can post in any other section of SF, anywhere at all, even if it has nothing to do with the game? Like I can't go to the GBA section and talk about Sacred Stones or Binding Blade?

52 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Also, this rule: "1. This is a NOC game. You may only talk outside the thread if your role PM allows it."

Does that mean none of us can post in any other section of SF, anywhere at all, even if it has nothing to do with the game? Like I can't go to the GBA section and talk about Sacred Stones or Binding Blade?

No, it just means you can't discuss the game with other players outside this thread.

52 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

This feels like the appropriate time to ask. What is a "hammer" and what does it do?

If someone gets enough votes, they're immediately lynched and the Day ends.

7 hours ago, Bluedoom said:

Yeah that's fine, tbh I'm clueless atm but we can wait for jamie and hear what he has to say.

Who has made claims and what should I be doing today

16 minutes ago, Makaze said:

Shinori has claimed that he has info that might be useful for us, jamie has claimed watcher that saw Elie visit Shinori last night, and that's about it. 

We mislynched the cop last phase and Elie fakeclaimed jailkeeper but was actually just a messenger, got killed for it. 

Other than figuring out an accurate lynch today we might have to consider mass claiming since we're at 5/2 and another ml would result in us being at mylo tomorrow, shino says that that might not be necessary though. 

Past that yeah, I'm unsure. I had Jamie as a scum read before the claim yesterday and was reading jamie/Ichigo as SvT, with FEF as another scum read after DF. Unsure where to go from here though.

34 minutes ago, Makaze said:

Does someone want to give me rundown of the PoE

Fire Emblem Fan, Ichigo, Eury and yourself. 

19 minutes ago, Makaze said:

Your slot claimed Insomniac and I’ve claimed Watcher seeing the now dead Elieson visit Shinori last night. 

9 minutes ago, Bluedoom said:

Shinori has claimed that he has info that might be useful for us, jamie has claimed watcher that saw Elie visit Shinori last night, and that's about it. 

We mislynched the cop last phase and Elie fakeclaimed jailkeeper but was actually just a messenger, got killed for it. 

Other than figuring out an accurate lynch today we might have to consider mass claiming since we're at 5/2 and another ml would result in us being at mylo tomorrow, shino says that that might not be necessary though. 

Past that yeah, I'm unsure. I had Jamie as a scum read before the claim yesterday and was reading jamie/Ichigo as SvT, with FEF as another scum read after DF. Unsure where to go from here though.

Typical Elie lol. At least they drew the NK this time (assuming that's who killed them)

9 minutes ago, JamieIsBored said:

Fire Emblem Fan, Ichigo, Eury and yourself. 

Your slot claimed Insomniac and I’ve claimed Watcher seeing the now dead Elieson visit Shinori last night. 

I can confirmed the Insomniac claim, and I am an Entente, which I can guess must be the town because there is nothing else in my role pm

What's the over/under on Jamie/Shinori scum/scum?

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

It means you cannot talk about the game with anyone, anywhere, except the game

18 minutes ago, Bluedoom said:

How the fuck did a cop lim happen

Who led the lim?

1 hour ago, Makaze said:

How the fuck did a cop lim happen

Who led the lim?

The cop went afk like 2 hours before dl so we never got the claim, Shinori did push the lim but that happened only after jamie claimed, Ichigo and I joined after that. The alternative wagon was on your slot so... Yeah.

On 9/9/2024 at 3:33 AM, Ichigo said:

Actually. Seeing Aster vote for themself makes me a bit more hesitant to put them as town as it does feel they could be putting on a performance to get town reads.

On 9/9/2024 at 7:42 PM, Ichigo said:

##Vote: @DefyingFates

I would rather vote out DefyingFates than Aster today. Somebody described Aster as flailing town and that sounds right to me. I don't like the way DefyingFates was treating me and Jamie. I'm not seeing how they reached the conclusions they did.

I think it's Ichigo.

Their reads are very what-would-a-town-do-here and what-makes-sense instead of instincts. They are taking a very, very backseat attitude to the game. Their voting choices and questions are skin deep, and they seem to be... positioning, rather than hunting. They seem hesitant (their word) to form a PoE, and most of their posts are about keeping people in the PoE instead of eliminating them.

##Vote: @Ichigo

4 minutes ago, Bluedoom said:

The cop went afk like 2 hours before dl so we never got the claim, Shinori did push the lim but that happened only after jamie claimed, Ichigo and I joined after that. The alternative wagon was on your slot so... Yeah.

I can't really base it on their role since they didn't know, but I am still suspicious of everyone on them

I have some stuff about you that I'll be posting now but I feel pretty good about Ichigo atm

--- old post ---

Bluedoom is probably town. They seem to have actual internal dialogue about their choices. The tinfoil I have is that they said "probably voting DF" then ended up jumping there, could be trying to make a wagon happen without conviction until it's possible, but it felt pretty good to me. I also felt good tonally about how they handled Elie (I didn't read but it seemed like Elie claimed and this hurt the town, which seems normal for Elie). Scum Marth would probably show less emotion IMO.

Shinori is giving me some bad vibes. Of note: Responding to suspicion with questions, asking pointless questions, and the most offputting thing is the way they're leading the game by the nose while seeming uninvested in who gets eliminated. The fact the Mafia didn't kill Shinori right away tells me that the scum had objectively better options or that Shinori is probably mafia, because they are in the best position to control this game based on experience.

Process of Elimination. It's used to refer both to the process you use to create a list of "could be mafia" and the actual list itself. "The PoE" is the current list of people who most of the game thinks should be considered as possible mafia.

One of the key aspects of the game is to try to find out who the town are, and be left with a much smaller list of people who could be mafia. This way, even though you can't know the mafia exactly, the mafia will end up losing if you systematically eliminate the people in that list, provided all the mafia are in the list.

@Makaze Saying I'm unvested is interesting - I spearheaded the lynch onto DF and actively pushed for a lynch against them for a decent portion of the day.  Most of my questions asked were towards newer players as I was just asking basically anything to try and help them get started.

Yes I did receive a message, I assume this is from elie - I do not know how he got this information that he gave me but he told me something game-related I believe so.

PoE means process of elimination.  Basically if you like "Town read" every slot but 2 - then by PoE those last 2 would be scum.

1 hour ago, Makaze said:

I can confirmed the Insomniac claim, and I am an Entente, which I can guess must be the town because there is nothing else in my role pm

It was said in the sign-up thread that Entente = Town, yeah. So I guess you just outed yourself/Aster on that front?

1 minute ago, Shinori said:

@Makaze Saying I'm unvested is interesting - I spearheaded the lynch onto DF and actively pushed for a lynch against them for a decent portion of the day.  Most of my questions asked were towards newer players as I was just asking basically anything to try and help them get started.

Yes I did receive a message, I assume this is from elie - I do not know how he got this information that he gave me but he told me something game-related I believe so.

PoE means process of elimination.  Basically if you like "Town read" every slot but 2 - then by PoE those last 2 would be scum.

I'm used to seeing you way more... Controlling

If you headed the DF lim, it was still casual, at least that was how I felt from my skim. You are taking it easy and if scum, are having no trouble.

Just now, Fire Emblem Fan said:

It was said in the sign-up thread that Entente = Town, yeah. So I guess you just outed yourself/Aster on that front?

Every player will try to claim this, whether it's true or not. Whether it "feels" sincere or not is an instinct you will have to train. If you can't tell if it's sincere, then you shouldn't consider that they said it at all (unless you feel it is decidedly insincere; then you can get a bad feeling and you should trust those instincts most of the time)

I posted a big case.

I also spent largely the most of the day trying to help DF/Aster get a better feel for the game and actively got us an exstention so we could spend more time to communicate because well - the game started VERY slow.  This is probably I guess why you feel I'm not as controlling?  I've also been playing a lot more on MU so my posting has changed probably a little bit but I think that's minor at best.

I called DF as scummy like early as page 2 and tunneled it the whole day.  Dropped my vote from them for a while while we pushed jamie (I didn't vote there but I did list them in the bottom two of my scum reads).  Jamie claimed watcher and I figured even though watcher can be scum on SF a decent amount, I'd ignore it for now and that was when I put forth my big case post for DF.

I'll be honest I didn't like hard push DF more early because their reaction when I voted them was to OMGUS me and basically said they did it just because I voted them - not even because I was scum to them.  Me pushing them was awkward and not really doing much or helping them progress it seemed so I backed up.  If you re-look over context of the thread, most of my posting is towards DF, Aster(your slot), and FE Fan and is mostly me trying to help them get more solid foot into the game.

1 minute ago, Shinori said:

I posted a big case.

I also spent largely the most of the day trying to help DF/Aster get a better feel for the game and actively got us an exstention so we could spend more time to communicate because well - the game started VERY slow.  This is probably I guess why you feel I'm not as controlling?  I've also been playing a lot more on MU so my posting has changed probably a little bit but I think that's minor at best.

I called DF as scummy like early as page 2 and tunneled it the whole day.  Dropped my vote from them for a while while we pushed jamie (I didn't vote there but I did list them in the bottom two of my scum reads).  Jamie claimed watcher and I figured even though watcher can be scum on SF a decent amount, I'd ignore it for now and that was when I put forth my big case post for DF.

I'll be honest I didn't like hard push DF more early because their reaction when I voted them was to OMGUS me and basically said they did it just because I voted them - not even because I was scum to them.  Me pushing them was awkward and not really doing much or helping them progress it seemed so I backed up.  If you re-look over context of the thread, most of my posting is towards DF, Aster(your slot), and FE Fan and is mostly me trying to help them get more solid foot into the game.

I feel that this is something you would do as scum to pocket the most players.

In short, I haven't seen town!nori yet.

My case against DF is here.

I very much hard defended your slot as well from pushes from other players - two people I think?  I don't remember both of them, I think eury was one.

Also agree btw at the moment that I think marth is town.