The Mafia to End all Mafias - GAME OVER

Sunwoo

42 minutes ago, JamieIsBored said:

I’m not a fan of that vote at all, feels incredibly opportunistic. 

So your concern is FE Fan essentially came out of the blue to snipe you? Why did you resort to voting for them right away instead of reasoning with them/ us?

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

What makes you say this?

Mostly Pages 1-3, they felt genuine in that concise, to-the-point kind of way. But, as you said...

7 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

They did this last game too and were mafia, so... yeah. Unfortunately how helpful someone is isn't a metric we can use.

...so maybe I'm not reading it correctly and it's all going over my head.

54 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

The way I see it, both cases are variations of "you haven't been very active, thus you're trying to fly under the radar"?

Is there one you agree with more than the other?

27 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Kind of immediately getting the feeling I've misread the game entirely, especially with a counter-vote that feels like it was done just to be hostile and reactionary. I guess I'm not understanding something, I dunno.

We all read the game differently dw. To me, that vote looked weird because you just kinda dropped it in there without any reasoning. 

34 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Eury is actually helping and giving advice, which I feel like maybe wouldn't happen if they were mafia.

And I haven’t been doing that?

28 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Apart from you and Blue who haven't been around enough, the only ones I don't have a proper read on are Ichigo, Eury and Jamie (and Elieson but they still haven't posted yet). So if I were to vote it'd probably be one of them. Did Elie tell anyone they'd be busy today or yesterday?

Can you list your current reads out in a list from most trusted to least trusted please? If there’s anyone you don’t have an opinion on you can leave them out of put null next to them.

For Example, my list would be:
Town
Fates
Shinori
Aster

Null
Eury
Marth
Elie

Scum:
Ichigo
Fire Emblem Fan

27 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

So your concern is FE Fan essentially came out of the blue to snipe you?

Yes, feels like scum just jumping onto a town wagon to hope for a mislynch.

28 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Why did you resort to voting for them right away instead of reasoning with them/ us?

I gave them over an hour to respond to my question on their read. 

5 minutes ago, JamieIsBored said:

Can you list your current reads out in a list from most trusted to least trusted please? If there’s anyone you don’t have an opinion on you can leave them out of put null next to them.

Sure, though there's really not much I can say here.

Town:

Shinori
Aster
Fire Emblem Fan (I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt given how much I floundered last game - and this game, let's be honest).

Null:

Everyone else, but I'm trying to fix that right now.

7 minutes ago, JamieIsBored said:

Is there one you agree with more than the other?

Let me flip the question: how would you argue your case is better than Ichigo? And since the spotlight is on the two of you it may be worth calling @Ichigo to answer the inverse.

8 minutes ago, JamieIsBored said:

And I haven’t been doing that?

I guess? I'm honestly a little confused at the moment, I'm still trying to figure out what's going on and what's happening. And if I'm being completely honest, some of the posts and profile pictures are blending together.

I will also note for everyone here (and it's the only time I'll note it because I don't like talking about it), I have to both read and write things more than once before I have it down, I am dyslexic, and I have noted it on SF before.

13 minutes ago, JamieIsBored said:

For Example, my list would be:
Town
Fates
Shinori
Aster

Null
Eury
Marth
Elie

Scum:
Ichigo
Fire Emblem Fan

I'm gonna be honest, I don't know that I can do this at the moment, because I'm still figurint it out and because I don't know what "scum" is supposed to mean and that feels kind of overly hostile?

Yes, feels like scum just jumping onto a town wagon to hope for a mislynch.

I'm not really 100% sure what a mislynch is so I promise you I'm not doing whatever you're accusing me of.

I gave them over an hour to respond to my question on their read. 

That is hardly any time at all in the internet world. Especially since Sundays are no longer a "no work/relax" day for many, including me.

8 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

how would you argue your case is better than Ichigo? And since the spotlight is on the two of you it may be worth calling @Ichigo to answer the inverse.

I haven’t been scared to place a vote down and I gave more conclusive reads than “Light Town” on two players.

4 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I guess? I'm honestly a little confused at the moment, I'm still trying to figure out what's going on and what's happening. And if I'm being completely honest, some of the posts and profile pictures are blending together.

Okay, I’ll draw your attention to this quote from DefyingFates:

Jamie has been coaching Aster and I.

And also this quote from Marth’s post about me:

Jamie has been sharing advice with new players

9 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

know what "scum" is supposed to mean and that feels kind of overly hostile?

Scum is Mafia. Not being mean to you sorry. 

I'm voting for an extension btw, I didn't have an much time on my hands but hopefully we get the thread rolling, timezones suck 

Yeah, wouldn't mind an extension on my end either. Got college and a few IRL things to worry about. Gonna comb through this again to see what I might've missed.

I do think that the FeFan vote on Jamie is weird but in turn for all we know Jamie voting them back and saying it could be a rally is exactly what they're doing as well (which Shinori also tried to rally and while he did get scumread a bit not really as hard). Might keep an eye on both of you going forward but no hard scumreads so far.

##Vote: Extension

I warned the boss (Sunwoo) that I'd be inactive for a chunk of this game, and specifically, it was about early game.

I'm able to focus on the game starting today. Reading and post up before long.

At the start Shinori tried to get everyone to vote Ichigo, but granted that was to generate discussion (possibly). I'm thinking this is likely just an exchange and in turn voting for each other, but not impossible either of you are scum throwing shade on another player.

That should be 5 @SunwooWhich Is majority I believe to give us that extension

God I hate it when SF yells at me that I'm posting too fast and I have to wait 20 seconds.  That's why I'm typing this right now.

2 hours ago, JamieIsBored said:

I haven’t been scared to place a vote down and I gave more conclusive reads than “Light Town” on two players.

I feel this is also targeted at me...

2 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm not really 100% sure what a mislynch is so I promise you I'm not doing whatever you're accusing me of.

Mislynch = voting off a townmember.

2 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

That is hardly any time at all in the internet world. Especially since Sundays are no longer a "no work/relax" day for many, including me.

I hope you at least get a nice evening!

---

Also I guess we're getting an extension? That's probably for the best since this way Elieson and FEFan have more time to interact with everyone.

Extension granted. D1 will now end on Monday September 9 at 9:00 PM PST.

There will be no hammer on D1.

Votals coming later.

15 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I feel this is also targeted at me...

You are my top townread lol. 

I assume Ichigo is a bit more experienced so they should know the importance of voting early to show interactions. If they’re really that busy then just a vote for RVS would’ve helped us.

So, I feel like I got gut-punched for voting early, but others who have done so are doing it correctly to show interaction? That's how it's coming off, it kind of feels like you're saving yourself from getting a majority of votes.

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Sure, though there's really not much I can say here.

Town:

Shinori
Aster
Fire Emblem Fan (I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt given how much I floundered last game - and this game, let's be honest).

Null:

Everyone else, but I'm trying to fix that right now.

Let me flip the question: how would you argue your case is better than Ichigo? And since the spotlight is on the two of you it may be worth calling @Ichigo to answer the inverse.

Jamie's posts are assuming things that haven't happened to assign suspicions to me. It's not saying I'm suspicious, it's saying I would be suspicious if iI did this thing that I didn't do.

6 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

So, I feel like I got gut-punched for voting early, but others who have done so are doing it correctly to show interaction? That's how it's coming off, it kind of feels like you're saving yourself from getting a majority of votes.

You weren't gut punched for voting early.

Voting is good.

I've posted some stuff about this earlier in this game.

Jamie specifically said they felt your vote felt opportunistic, because at the time I believe Jamie was getting some pressure on them at the time.