The Mafia to End all Mafias - GAME OVER

Sunwoo

7 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

So, I feel like I got gut-punched for voting early, but others who have done so are doing it correctly to show interaction? That's how it's coming off, it kind of feels like you're saving yourself from getting a majority of votes.

Yeah they are being a hypocrite right now

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Ichigo said:

Jamie's posts are assuming things that haven't happened to assign suspicions to me. It's not saying I'm suspicious, it's saying I would be suspicious if iI did this thing that I didn't do.

That is… fair enough actually. My vibes on you just aren’t right atm which is the majority of where my read is coming from. And then the bit about you being a high poster with not really anything to show for it.

3 hours ago, JamieIsBored said:

Null
Eury
Marth
Elie

Scum:
Ichigo
Fire Emblem Fan

I’m less confident on voting for my nulls and I am currently voting for one of my scums and casing the other. So pretty happy to vote there.

59 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Well, since I'm still getting that hypocritical/"save myself from vote majority" vibe, I'm going to reinstate my previous vote, this time with actual genuine suspicion.

You know Jamie could have been aiming at Ichigo, right?

6 minutes ago, Shinori said:

What's your thoughts on the other players Fire emblem fan?

5 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

-Shinori is playing mind-games in a way that makes me feel like they want people to think they might be mafia but really aren't.

-Aster is kind of like me and is still trying to figure out the game.

-Ichigo is being pretty truthful, feels like.

-Eury is actually helping and giving advice, which I feel like maybe wouldn't happen if they were mafia.

-Bluedoom was absent and it didn't feel fair to judge someone who gave prior notice to an absence.

That left me with three mystery persons

4 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

The vote for me tells me otherwise. I don't buy any of the reasons Jamie has stated for it, some contradicting statements that feel off to me.

As I said earlier, I was thinking you were playing mind games, with that whole "I might just be anti-townie" thing. It's put a seed of doubt/suspicion in my mind. Like I said earlier, some of the earlier talk felt chaotic, which kind of makes me think some of it was done to really throw everyone off.

See if I was scum, I could just state nothing at all and watch as zero conversation happens at the start of this game.

Mind you, if I was scum I probably would have still tried to make people talking via voting and what not.

I would never have outted information about my role though being scummy, because the less information the town has, the better for me.

Why would I, as a wolf/scum player, purposefully out information saying that my role is possibly deliberately anti-town?  Sure you can say mind-games and all that but I have zero reason to do that in this game on like page 1/2 right out the gate.

Votals

Aster (1): Eurykins
FE Fan (1): Jamie
Jamie (2): Bluedoom, FE Fan

Not Voting (5): Aster, Shinori, Ichigo, Elieson, DefyingFates

(I think these are correct, let me know if they're not)

D1 ends in approximately 29 hours. There will be no hammer on D1.

@Sunwoo Sorry to bother you, when you do the votals could you please do me two favors if you don't mind.

Could you put whoever has the most votes at the top and could you potentially bold the person BEING voted.

Votals

Jamie (2): Bluedoom, FE Fan
Aster (1): Eurykins
FE Fan (1): Jamie

Not Voting (5): Aster, Shinori, Ichigo, Elieson, DefyingFates

Something like this kind of.

This is solely me just asking because it would be easier to take in and it's a personal preference.

I CANT POST for 23 SECONDS.

GOD I HATE IT.  I post too much though so I mean this limits me.

4 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

@Ichigo @JamieIsBored How confident would you two feel about voting for someone right now and who would it be?

@Fire Emblem Fan I'm still getting the hang of when and how to vote too, so we can figure this out together 😛

Not very confident but I do believe in always eliminating on day 1

##Vote: @JamieIsBored

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Yeah they were saying I was suspicious for not voting, and Fire Emblem Fan is scummy for having an opportunistic vote. I used the word hypocrite earlier but I think that's the wrong word. They are arguing two sides basically. It's suspicious to not vote, but if the vote is on them that's also suspicious. I don't think they ever talk about why voting for them in particular is opportunistic.

@Shinori I'm workin' on it, posts do take a bit of time for me, as you probably know by now lol.

23 hours ago, Aster said:

Gosh I just genuinely don't know. Legit I just don't play aggressive. I have a hard time doing that, especially with. minimal information. With everyone pointing fingers, I don' t have a lead on anyone. I have equal suspect on everyone at this rate. Eury maybe I'm less suspicious about because odds are they're not rolling scum twice in a row statistically. Same goes for Marth.

My problem with this post: I get not being great or "aggressive" (I'd moreso state like, pro-active rather than "aggressive", as it doesn't require jumping on people or being hard driven with notions? Cases/reads can occur just from witnessing certain interactions, getting vibe checks one way or the other, etc., but it's moreso a thing of being willing TO look, TO search for what may seem off.) with scum hunting, but doing nothing/offering nothing is less than playing more PASSIVELY or lightly on the scum hunting. And that's the BIGGER issue I have currently, because even with questions and multiple players constantly asking you for thoughts, everything is coming up to the response of "IDK?". 

Secondly, having doubt on every other player in the game makes sense to some degree, in the concept of being townside (you can only confirm your own town-sided nature, unless you have a role that allows you to KNOW that someone else is of the same alliance depending on the flavor/information given). The only people who would be 100% comfortable with someone else is if they're CONFIRMED town/scum side (this is important when it comes to basing cases/reads from different players associated with others, and flips start happening. Because IE: If someone claims to "townread" their scumbuddy on little to no basis, it calls into question "Why are you so comfortable/sure they're townside?" and is generally something we use to read others based on associations/interactions once lynches/kills happen.) And even then, CONFIRMED TOWN would rarely if ever opt to voice once or the other is cleared to each other openly in-thread, because they would have the prior knowledge of 2 less people to worry about while scum hunting and would also serve to imply to Scum that they're neighbors/lovers/any other alignment cleared pairing role, which could put them more in harm's way.

However, you do need to be willing to sort those you define/see moreso as TOWN reads vs Scum, for the simple fact that we need to consolidate/majority vote lynches each day phase in order to use the most prominent power us townies have to remove scum from the game: Lynches. 

And at this point, you're making it difficult for me to be comfortable with your slot, because you've hardly mentioned anyone in either direction, which offers us nothing.
IE. If you died D1 or N1, we'd get little to zero associative reads from your slot, because you offered us nothing. We also really wouldn't get much in terms of other players, including myself, associating WITH YOU in-thread, cases, etc. because there's nothing response wise to gauge from. We NEED CASES/READS/VIBES/ANYTHING that helps us figure out where your train of thought is with the players in this game, because without that, how are we supposed to know what your stance is with the rest of the player base? 

Also as stated by multiple others- Statistics suck, and is not great to use as any form of measuring stick. Shinori has scumnori as his nickname for a good reason.

23 hours ago, Shinori said:

DO NOT trust in statistics.  My literal nickname on this site is Scumnori because I went some crazy time period of rolling only scum and nothing but scum.

^ Proving my notion above. Also this post (as a side note) feels more townie in the sense that I don't think Scum!nori would take the time to literally RELINK other games/threads for mentions while including more pieces of advice/tips for the game, newbies or not. Call it a gut feeling- don't see him doing this unless he was REALLY BORED as scum. Coasting would also make more sense from scumside so, just a thought.

23 hours ago, Aster said:

My read on you is that you're very chaotic, but I'm leaning towards you being town because you wouldn't outright admit you had a bad role for town unless you were town yourself I don't think. There's not a zero percent chance that you're scum, but I'm more leaning towards no.

Fates I have no clue right now, getting a solid nothing. Same with Ichigo.

So, from what I garner from this post, you're sorta leaning more townish than not on Shinori.
And then the other bolded part = nothing again. Has ANYTHING any of the other players (outside of myself/Shinori) said anything that has struck you in ANY way? Scummy? Townie/scum-hunting progressive? No one but Shinori or myself been catching your eye at all? At this point, I'll even take general GUT READS/VIBE CHECKS if you have them- please elaborate.

15 hours ago, Ichigo said:

At the start of the game I didn't know if Shinori was saying they had a read on me or if they were trying to get an opinion out of Aster. It seems that it was trying to get an opinion out of Aster so I don't have an opinion for the call to action on me (And they did ask about whether we should push the newbies earlier and I said no).

Right now I am lightly townreading Shinori. I think I'm lightly townread Aster as well.

Understandable coming with the bolded statement.
However, what is causing you to townread Shinori at this time, and Aster's slot as well? What has impressed you with the slots to garner the more positive feelings? And where does that leave everyone else?

15 hours ago, Ichigo said:

Eurykins you asked me about DefyingFate. I don't know. What I noticed was that they said something that doesn't seem to have happened (defending Shinori). I asked them about it and I still don't think it happened but they were able to explain what they meant.

Indeed. Does their explanation appease your concerns, or is there anything else from DF at this point that is worth noting?

13 hours ago, JamieIsBored said:

Initially I was yes, but I waited and waited to get something from you and nothing came. This is with you being the joint-second top poster as well. You have “light town” on Shinori and Aster which is quite uncommital imo. You also haven’t even thrown a vote down. FmPOV you also aren’t really doing much to accelerate the game at all. The early game wagon on you to get people talking (which didn’t even happen lmao) is the thing that pushed the game forward the most involving your slot and you weren’t even a driving force behind it. I also have a quote here which surmises what I feel about you.

@Bluedoom I didn’t want to pressure my scum read too early because I wanted to see Ichigo’s natural interactions with the inactives (which my current theory is it is someone inactive+ Ichigo). Currently thinking Ichigo’s day will end with “Oh darn! I don’t have any scum reads, guess I’ll vote inactive” and then they’ll be the only one on their teammate for town points.

13 hours ago, JamieIsBored said:

It’s not that, I don’t know your meta and you might pick up steam later, but you seem kinda low-motivated to keep the thread alive. With you not seeming to want to push the thread forward, it made me think about natural teammates for you and I felt that it would fit with your teammate being inactive. If the thread doesn’t go anywhere that’s where people look for lynches. And that’s where you could get your town points.

Tinfoil, but I have more reasoning behind it than my other ones atm :P:

Re-reading Ichigo's posting history, I can understand where the gameplay may come across as being slightly coasty- in the sense that a lot of the posts have been more reactionary/answering questions (though I do enjoy having the responses rather than ignoring prompts from other players, so it's a + on my side/consideration), than strictly posting to progress the thread when things got slow (IE. What Shinori has been doing to prompt others at various times). However, as noted below:

12 hours ago, Ichigo said:

I'm not being low content as a strategy I'm just busy and lazy and waiting for something to happen for me to comment on

Busy from IRL(?) or habitual gameplay could be aspects to contribute to the posts so far, which are understandable to some degree. Though I wouldn't be opposed to seeing/hearing more if possible with the extension completed for D1.

10 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Okay, after reading through a lot and catching up, a lot of it seemed kind of chaotic. I'm not quite sure what to make of everything that was said, or what to make of who said what. Several things seemed based on past experiences in past games, so I'm not sure I can judge fairly since I wasn't part of those and this is my first time.

That said, I'm picking up that not voting could actually be harmful to myself and/or my alignment, even though it's so early in the game. So, I kinda feel like I should vote for someone, based on what more experienced players have said?

Based loosely on what I've read and observed here and what I'm gleaming some of y'all's interactions and banter with each other is...

##Vote: @JamieIsBored

Welcome to your first Mafia game.

Side note: Voting for the sake of voting isn't generally great, and in the context of this first post, I would have to agree with others who've stated so already (like below) that this particular vote did NOT feel good.

7 hours ago, JamieIsBored said:

##Unvote
##Vote: @Fire Emblem Fan

I’m not a fan of that vote at all, feels incredibly opportunistic. 

My personal issue with the Jamie vote is that there seemed to be little to no explanation to warrant the vote. You did state "Based loosely on what I've read and observed here..." --- What exactly did you read/observe that made you want to vote Jamie? Was it something that was said/done with a post or votes happening? Did someone else's case on Jamie make sense, or did something the slot do cause concern for you? With no thoughts put forth WITH the vote, I don't understand the WHY behind it, which makes the vote seem out of the blue and baseless?

7 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

As I said, based on what's been said and the advice given, I feel like I have to vote, otherwise I'm hurting myself and my alignment. And based on the last few pages, the reading I'm getting is:

-Shinori is playing mind-games in a way that makes me feel like they want people to think they might be mafia but really aren't.

-Aster is kind of like me and is still trying to figure out the game.

-Ichigo is being pretty truthful, feels like.

-Eury is actually helping and giving advice, which I feel like maybe wouldn't happen if they were mafia.

-Bluedoom was absent and it didn't feel fair to judge someone who gave prior notice to an absence.

-Obviously I can't vote for myself.

That left me with three mystery persons, and of the three I felt like one of the two who was more under the radar was the correct choice, because being under the radar feels like a strategy that could be pretty popular.

Absolutely none.

Voting is singlehandedly the strongest driving force behind securing lynches for town, and utilizing the power we have to scumhunt, yes. However, just because you CAN and SHOULD vote does not mean you should vote on a WHIM without justifying it. Because things like MISLYNCHES can also occur if people pile mindless votes onto a wagon, and it can lead to deaths of other townies and cause townside to throw games. 

However, this at least does provide more insight into thoughts/reads so far in the game (sort of), which I can appreciate.
1. Shinori : Your considerations on his posts/actions thus far: Would anything that has been said/done so far make more sense coming from Scum!Shinori vs Town!Shinori? Is there any scum intentions behind his posts? Is your read on him implying you have more of a townread on him, or more of a null or scum read? Not sure where you stand with him atm.

2. Aster: Newbies unite, I get it. However, do you believe Aster has produced anything meaningful or attempted to provide any form of cases/reads that would make you comfortably view them as coming from townside? New-aspect aside, what read do you have on this slot at this time?

3. Ichigo: Truthful about what? Their thoughts/opinions/reads? Being honest is one thing, but is being straight with their responses enough to formulate a townread on their slot as a result? What does his slot seeming truthful do for you?

4. Eury (hey it's me!): Honestly, being willing to help newbies is NAI (non-alignment indicative) tbh. Shinori is a prime example of that- constantly voicing tips/notions/general ideas is something more experienced players of Mafia games will do from EITHER ALIGNMENT, so I would not use it to purely base reads upon any player slot, myself or otherwise. However, I would like to know more about what you think of my slot- has there been any questions or such for me that you want answered, or anything noteworthy in either direction?

5. Bluedoom: ED1 absence is understandable, since it was even announced by host (which I admittedly forgot about in one of my other posts), but any considerations since this slot has started to post? In any reads/votes so far?

6. I mean you COULD vote yourself, but it is considered the most anti-town thing you could do, so I generally wouldn't recommend it.

For a new player/first game, I can see the attempt to get reads, which I give you 2 thumbs up for by the second post/notion I saw. Do you mind offering some input though to help clarify the questions above though @Fire Emblem Fan? Both the questions here + the vote with Jamie, if you would be so kind to elaborate on the earlier concerns.

6 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

What makes you say this?

They did this last game too and were mafia, so... yeah. Unfortunately how helpful someone is isn't a metric we can use.

Apart from you and Blue who haven't been around enough, the only ones I don't have a proper read on are Ichigo, Eury and Jamie (and Elieson but they still haven't posted yet). So if I were to vote it'd probably be one of them. Did Elie tell anyone they'd be busy today or yesterday?

Can agree that doing so is NAI, as mentioned above. However, is there anything else that is concerning regarding my own slot or Jamie or others? (Disregarding Elieson since basically no posts have been made of any merit atm.) What questions or issues do you have, and what sort of priority is being given for consolidations for today from your PoV?

6 hours ago, JamieIsBored said:

Yes, feels like scum just jumping onto a town wagon to hope for a mislynch.

I gave them over an hour to respond to my question on their read. 

Issue with "giving them an hour" though is that people have a wide variety of timezones/availability in general. 1hr if someone is sleeping or working means nothing, so I'd take that as a grain of salt-- if it was a 6-8hr+ period for a question though, that would be a more understandable timeframe to have concern imo. 

Who concerns you the most in those who have voted you thus far? Worst to most reasonable casing of votes regarding those on the wagon? 

6 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I guess? I'm honestly a little confused at the moment, I'm still trying to figure out what's going on and what's happening. And if I'm being completely honest, some of the posts and profile pictures are blending together.

I will also note for everyone here (and it's the only time I'll note it because I don't like talking about it), I have to both read and write things more than once before I have it down, I am dyslexic, and I have noted it on SF before.

I'm gonna be honest, I don't know that I can do this at the moment, because I'm still figurint it out and because I don't know what "scum" is supposed to mean and that feels kind of overly hostile?

I'm not really 100% sure what a mislynch is so I promise you I'm not doing whatever you're accusing me of.

That is hardly any time at all in the internet world. Especially since Sundays are no longer a "no work/relax" day for many, including me.

Something that can help is that, on the first page of this forum thread, there's a playerlist that shows @ player names and you can click on each one to see their posting history, and general information of the posts so far in-game. It does sorta take things out of in-thread context (as it will only show their posts), but it can be a good way to briefly check in, see the quality/types of posts they've made, and be able to click on each one to jump into the thread of when the post happened, who they responded to, etc. (It can be good for example, to check overall post interaction/count and see as to whether the player is being proactive or not, or moreso coasting and posting minimally as the day progresses.) 

It can be easier to sort out thoughts/reads on players by going thru them individually, rather than as a whole/re-reading the thread pages in one bulk sitting, if that helps any. 

5 hours ago, Aster said:

Yeah, wouldn't mind an extension on my end either. Got college and a few IRL things to worry about. Gonna comb through this again to see what I might've missed.

I do think that the FeFan vote on Jamie is weird but in turn for all we know Jamie voting them back and saying it could be a rally is exactly what they're doing as well (which Shinori also tried to rally and while he did get scumread a bit not really as hard). Might keep an eye on both of you going forward but no hard scumreads so far.

##Vote: Extension

5 hours ago, Aster said:

At the start Shinori tried to get everyone to vote Ichigo, but granted that was to generate discussion (possibly). I'm thinking this is likely just an exchange and in turn voting for each other, but not impossible either of you are scum throwing shade on another player.

@Aster Tell me, who is scum? Who is town? None of your reads are coming thru clearly at all, and none of the reads you have are indicating whether you're finding them townside or scumside. It's coming off extremely waffly, which is making it harder for me to see this as just newbie paralysis, because there have been plenty of questions/opportunities presented by other players to you directly for clarity, when none has been given.

What does the Shinori -> Ichigo voting do for the slot? What overall read from FEFan do you have? What about Jamie, Ichigo, or anyone else in the game? Who would you consolidate on by the end of D1, as the top 3 priorities for you for lynch consolidation? 

5 hours ago, Elieson said:

I warned the boss (Sunwoo) that I'd be inactive for a chunk of this game, and specifically, it was about early game.

I'm able to focus on the game starting today. Reading and post up before long.

Perhaps the warning/notion was not conveyed early on, because we were alerted to Bluedoom's inactivity for ED1, not yours by Sunwoo. So that would've been good to know about beforehand, so we would anticipate 2 slots being absent for at least a portion of the phase, not 1. 
Looking forward to the posts incoming (hopefully).

My vote is staying on Aster, because at this point, from everything I've seen above, nothing has changed, and this is bad. "NEWER PLAYER" doesn't excuse the lacks of attention to the game, any attempts at actual thoughts/reads at this point (FE Fan has put forth more in the fraction of posts thus far, though there are plenty of questions still wanting to be answered with the notions). I need to hear more before I'm willing to look elsewhere, though regarding consolidation options for end of D1:

Players off the Consideration (No touchie whatsoever from my PoV)

Myself

Shinori (Still remains to be singlehandedly pushing the D1 progression the hardest, when it would have been easy to coast this game with how inactive the other players have been. While scum CAN do this to emulate scum hunting, I don't anticipate scum!Shinori to be pushing this hard, unless he's doing it to decimate morale of town by the end of the game. As of right now, he has my vote of the towniest read atm for me.) Would not lynch him under any circumstance.

Elieson - Inactive/not Posted yet, and enough players have posted by this point to where I'd rather settle/consolidate on someone who has posts/cases at this time for associative reads. Pass for today (unless posts change massively by end of D1 that drive my consideration completely away from townside), and would not lynch.

Players more Nullside and lower tier of consolidations

Bluedoom: Was until recently inactive/not posting (so was on the same tier as Elieson until recent), so more leeway atm than others who have been present since ED1. Has been decent in responsiveness to questions, and at least was giving thoughts out the gate in initial posts, which I'm OK with. I want to hear more about the other players (I got some form of idea of Shinori read, had questions about me, and then notions of Jamie- want to hear about other thoughts from rest of the players outside of us 3), but otherwise due to later start date + reasonable vibes so far, probably would not really consider for today.

Ichigo: While they haven't been as active/posting as Shinori, their slot in general hasn't read terribly to me for the majority of the day phase. If possible, I would like more updated reads/notions from their slot on the rest of the players today, but I'm not currently wanting to consider this slot for today either. 

Fire Emblem Fan: For a first timer this game, I'm actually impressed in the sense of I have a feel of genuine attempts to at least try and obtain reads/vibes from other players from the posts that I've read so far. I would like to see more (in terms of answers/replies to the questions noted above). With that in mind, I would probably not consolidate their slot either today.

Players Likely to be the Option for today/that I would be OK with:

DF:  I WILL state immediately that DF is currently hovering/at the top of this list close to tumbling into the list above of no-consolidation. The reason why is that, first impressions weren't great, and currently their reads are also still not quite where I feel comfortable with. HOWEVER, they do seem to be responding more in this game than the last to questions and notions, which is a + in my books, and are attempting to clarify some form of reads in later posts. This alongside with newbie aspects, is understandable, but I would feel better about the slot if more can be given, and I can get more clear reads from them of where the players stand atm.

Jamie: This was a slot that was similar in vibes to me as Ichigo early on, because both seemed to be responding/pinging back and forth with others like Shinori, in what seemed like good general discussion/activity. However, when it came to re-reading the thread/post history of Jamie's slot:
1. Posted early on that they assumed DF seemed townie (noting it against Shinori's notion/vibe read).

2. Asked Aster thoughts on reads (which none was given).
3. Commented on NAI about Shinori's role claim.

4. Statistics commentary (about people being X likely to role scum/town).

5. Vote on Ichigo with a notion that they were coasting/not truly contributing to the thread (and potentially vote sitting on an inactive slot?)

6. Then goes onto Vote FEF when they voted him, stating the vote is not good (which I agree with).

The rest of the posts thereafter seem to fall flat for me, and the problem for me arises: Jamie has second place in raw amounts of posts, yet, outside of DF townread vibes (later post lists DF as TOP townread for them?) and then voting FEF = I have zero idea where they stand on ANYONE else in the game. The fact that they stand on FEF for their current scum case/read yet have nothing else to say from any of the others (outside of DF) that have been posting/present since ED1 confuses me, because I feel like there should be some form of town/scum reads from at least one other person so far? (I don't recall reading about anyone else even when re-reading their actual posting history for this game.) 

It's a weird spin of "Better than Aster" (in terms of Aster having post count but basically no casing?) in terms of not as scummy, but in all other aspects, it feels off that there's not a whole lot of reads/scumhunting impression I'm getting from the slot, despite Jamie now being #2 overall in posts. I also don't understand the DF hard townread either, and the lack of any casing on anyone else gives it a very tunneled casing at this point on FEF. 

This slot is #2 under Aster in Priority atm, and is one I would consolidate willingly at this point.

Aster: I'm pretty sure the first part of this post (along with previous posts + my vote residing on this slot) speaks for itself- I don't feel the need to beat a dead horse here. Top consideration for today's lynch, and will only shift willingly to Jamie if necessary for today's lynch. People will have to sell me on DF, not really wanting to lynch anyone else today.