OMG it's a tier list

Florete

Easy and Normal mode lack enough enemies to do it.

Not sure about Easy, but Normal has the same number of enemies, just weaker.

And wow, you actually were serious! So much for that.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pray this wasn't started by my little comment about Meg, of which I posted mainly for lulz. Oh well, do not feed troll.

I mean seriously, can yous say most unfortunate FE character ever? Crappy bases, unfitting growths, damning caps, holy affinity with a team that demands defense, stuck to swords, worst move type, has to deal with swamps TWICE and several ledge situations...

Edited by Galactica Leader Cyrus

I pray this wasn't started by my little comment about Meg, of which I posted mainly for lulz. Oh well, do not feed troll.

I mean seriously, can yous say most unfortunate FE character ever? Crappy bases, unfitting growths, damning caps, holy affinity with a team that demands defense, stuck to swords, worst move type, has to deal with swamps TWICE and several ledge situations...

Why is she dealing with swamps twice? Just 1-8. 3-6 is not a swamp. It is a river, and there is a colossal difference in move. Promoted, she gets 2 move there just like everybody else, she just can't also go one step on plain panels afterwards. Besides, who goes far into the river on HM anyway? I'd be more worried about all the thickets and/or reeds in the starting area of 3-6.

There are only two swamps in the entire game: 1-8 and 4-5.

3-2 has bog.

3-6 and 3-7 have river.

I wish these games had more coast. Coast was cool in chapter 9 of PoR. Full move for non-armors/horse units. Bogs were cool too since mages take them at a cost of 2 per and thieves at 1 per, whereas for other units it costs 3 per.

I wish there were some defence squares, too. +3/+3 def/res would be cool.

Not to mention that her innate skill is wasted on her. Seriously, why give Fortune to the unit who only Micaiah and a few Laguz beat in Luck growth??? If, say, Aran had Fortune, he'd make much better use of it.

Not to mention that her innate skill is wasted on her. Seriously, why give Fortune to the unit who only Micaiah and a few Laguz beat in Luck growth??? If, say, Aran had Fortune, he'd make much better use of it.

Fortune is inherently a bad skill. The number of people in the game who have any desire for it can be counted on one hand and get barely anything from it, it takes 20 capacity, and it can be sold for lots of money. It's not really a surprise that the character that does have it doesn't need it.

(And she's hardly the only one to make bad use of her innate skill. Kieran's Gamble? Titania's Counter? Shinon's Provoke? Brom's Disarm, Soren's Adept, Tauroneo's Resolve, Leonardo's and Haar's Cancels, Tormod's Celerity, and of course, the other Fortune user, Caineghis, when only 1 enemy in the entirety of Endgame even has a critical rate on him, a fearsome 2% crit chance made only more fearsome by the fact he does 11 damage to a transformed base level Caineghis)

stuck to swords

She gets Lances in 2nd Tier, and Axes in 3rd, so how is she "stuck to swords"?

You seem to be implying she is somehow getting out of tier 1...

Let's face it, at least she isn't locked to knives...

stuck to swords

At least Sothe's actually useful...

stuck to swords

She might as well have been a fucking pugilist if she were locked to knives.

She might as well have been a fucking pugilist if she were locked to knives.

Is everyone forgetting that knives are one of the few weapons in part 1 with forgeable two range? Meg with a max mt, max hit (or +4, +15, even) iron knife forge would potentially be trainable. She probably wouldn't miss and the two range lets her avoid counters. Wind Edge is quite bad in part 1. Even Zihark has some hit issues with it, so Ed and Meg are kinda screwed for two range. Of course, forged iron sword has 11 mt compared to iron dagger's 4 and forged iron knife's 7, so it would be harder to find enemies that can be weakened enough for her to OHKO. So I'm not sure what would make her worse. Obviously she'd need a better weapon than knives once hitting tier 2, but until then...

So "make do with what you get" is basically what you're saying.

Sir, if life gives me spoiled lemons, I will look for an apple tree.

This game is not life. If this game gives you spoiled lemons, you take the damn lemons and you like it.

This topic is so dead...

IMO, Lethe should be above Kurth. Lethe truly is quite mediocre, especially with her gauge, but still, I'd say that 10 chapters of mediocrity, not counting endgame is better than whatever Kurth does in endgame, unless we're considering BEXPing him to higher levels.

This topic is so dead...

IMO, Lethe should be above Kurth. Lethe truly is quite mediocre, especially with her gauge, but still, I'd say that 10 chapters of mediocrity, not counting endgame is better than whatever Kurth does in endgame, unless we're considering BEXPing him to higher levels.

If she were to go above him it would be on part 2 only since she really just sucks too much in part 3. I haven't really looked into it very much, but at first glance I'd say 5 maps of Night Tide and 4-E-3 walling > Lethe's part 2.

Even if he were to use KW on all levels, use the right weapon, and kill the right enemy on every level, he'd still only reach 19 SPD, unless I'm doing this wrong. And if you were to do ONLY KW, he'd need nearly 200 levels with it.

references:

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe9/item_exp.html

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe9/base_exp.htm

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe9/class_exp.htm

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe9/average/gatrie.html

KW gives +30.

He has 14.5 spd and no starting growth points (sadly).

He caps at 24.

He needs to get 950 points.

He starts at level 9 and so grows for 30 levels. (9 to 20, 1 to 20, 11 + 19 = 30).

That's 900 points. He needs 50 points.

Either from attacking the right classes or using the right weapons, that just takes 10 levels out of 30 in which he needs to have the right weapon equipped. He also slams his str and def caps so hard on fixed mode that it's quite impossible to have enough penalties for him to not cap those.

As for skill, well:

He has 80 starting growth points. Hits 24.5 without them, caps at 27. 170 remaining.

170 / 5 = 34.

He has to have KW equipped all the time so he's relying on weapons and enemies to get this. Fortunately, iron weapons give +5 skl/spd, so that takes care of spd after 10 levels and means he just needs 24 for skill. Killers and Braves and Iron weapons for skill. 20 levels remaining. So that takes care of another 20.

30 x 5 = 150.

Now all he needs is 4 x 5 = 20 points.

Myrm, Swordmaster, Archer, Sniper, Sword Knight, Bow Knight, Thief, Assassin, Cats (transformed or not), Hawks (transformed or not) all give skill, and he just needs 4 of them.

Of course, this is pretty extreme. It stretches the bounds of credibility for Gatrie to get skl and spd. Str and def are automatic, but skl and spd are hard.

Nevertheless, it is theoretically possible.

Wanna know what makes this even more extreme?

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe9/fixed.htm

This seems to imply that he needs to have the KW equipped every time he gains experience, not just levels.

Growth points = Experience gained x (Unit's growth rate + Equipped weapon's alteration + Equipped items' alteration + Enemy class' alteration)

It suggests that growth points are earned every single time experience is gained.

Level ups are only used for:

Stat rise during a Level Up = Growth points / 100

determining whether or not to give points. The growth points are determined based on experience gained each time experience is gained. At a level, if there are more than 100 growth points, a points is gained in the stat. (Extra points are not lost, thankfully).

Which is different from what I first thought it did way back when we were looking over these things the first time. I thought you could just switch weapons and target the right enemies when you knew a unit was about to level. I was wrong. Oh well. We assume they are the only transfer unit in existence, so it's fine if Gats has the KW every single level. (Though I still think I remember Gats getting auto-leveled to 11 when he comes back in PoR after his leave of absence if he isn't level 11 already. It was years back that I last played PoR, so I could be wrong. Anybody else know? If I'm right, it still only costs him 60 points of speed, which can be made up by using iron weapons more than killer/brave when raising skill. As such, it doesn't really matter either way.)

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Gatrie is actually assumed to take a Secret Book to cap Skill since he was determined to be one of the best (maybe #1, I don't clearly remember) candidates for the transfer.

That makes it simple enough to cap spd with enough iron weapon use (and exclusive possession of the KW), and skill is already within two just based on his starting growth points.

It still relies on him having the KW equipped almost every single time he gains experience.