OMG it's a tier list

Florete

Dondon, you really confuse me, do you like anybody in the DB?completely fine with me if you don't ed is lil kid, leo is...well...y'know, nolan(oddly enough) reminds me of a pedophile(maybe because so many people say he rapes this, this and that?) miccy is ahnoying(mainly about Ike, no one talks shit about Ike) and sothe is ahnoyinglaughs to self about that topic posted on FFtF about RFoF and sothe

and what exactly are you guys arguing about?

I couldn't care less for appearance. I like Sothe because you can forge Iron Knives for him. I like Nolan because he's solid and has potential. I don't like anyone else because they suck.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrath on any other mage is nice too, especially if they have super long ranged tomes. I always wanted to steal a Bolting for Sanaki for 4-E-3 so she can wrath dragons but I'm not sure if its such a good idea.

I couldn't care less for appearance. I like Sothe because you can forge Iron Knives for him. I like Nolan because he's solid and has potential. I don't like anyone else because they suck.

Sucking doesn't apply to Jill, Volug, Nailah, BK, or Tauroneo and maybe not even Micaiah. Sothe starts to suck anyways so....

Edited by Queen_Elincia

Thats so cool how you 5 turned it honestly the soonest I could finish was 7 turns :( and if I really wanted to risk Jill maybe 6 turns, but I got carried away giving her and Nolan kills before Ike's kill :3. Jill has canto over Zihark and better defenses ;), canto helps her a lot to get back in range to get healed if she's got low hp which helps her survive better imo.

She has that, but my beastfoe zihark has vantage, which activates 32% of the time along with 40-50% range hits, chances are that he doesn't die.

Did Zihark(and ed) just gain leverage? i did 3-13 faster than Nolan and Jill. Answer is no though, because Queen Elincia wanted more exp than i did, all in all i say Zihark can be below Nolan and neph(t) as long as he stays in high in good. eventually i want eddy in upper mid

Sucking doesn't apply to Jill, Volug, Nailah, BK, or Tauroneo and maybe not even Micaiah. Sothe starts to suck anyways so....

They are, technically, not members of the DB. Except for Micaiah, but I don't really "like" her. I just deal with her existence and make the best of it.

Can I propose something? Oliver should move down below Astrid and Meg.

They both have much more opportunity to transform into something useful, and the only real thing he contributes is a Nosferatu and Silence staff.

Can I propose something? Oliver should move down below Astrid and Meg.

They both have much more opportunity to transform into something useful, and the only real thing he contributes is a Nosferatu and Silence staff.

I beg to differ. I don't know why he's above them, but I'm opposed to Astrid and Meg above Oliver.

What in Elendia do you mean? My stance on Wrath is pretty obvious by this point, I'd assume (way too risky to use unless your name is Micaiah, and dropping below 30% HP just to get extra crit screams counter-intuitive).

It's perfectly fine if a vulnerary takes him back to max hp and you can arrange for him to try on enemy phase in a way that won't risk his life if he "succeeds". And if he fails to crit, you just KO the thing on player phase anyway. It is at least arguably superior to not having a chance at killing on enemy phase. Then you are guaranteed to have to wait for player phase.

I just checked, and Geoffrey's in the top of lower mid, and Soren's at the bottom of middle.

I still don't remember how Geoffrey got there. I'm sure RF didn't just move him on her own, but I have no recollection of what happened. Or why Kieran didn't join him. Ed should be > Geo, though, and an argument about that may have resulted in Geoffrey dropping to only one above Ed. Not sure.

RFoF has issues giving the CRKs credit for some reason (except for Marcia, who is probably overrated), never really made sense to me. Something about Geoffrey and Kieran not being that much better than Danved and Makalov, but the fact is that they both have a pretty significant effect on turncount and resets. I'm not really eager on trying to beat 2-3 with Danved/Mak/Marcia/Astrid myself.

Frankly Eddie saves a lot more turns in 1-P than a lot of the other charaters in Mid do, his effect is probably about= to Taur.

Edited by -Cynthia-

I still don't remember how Geoffrey got there. I'm sure RF didn't just move him on her own, but I have no recollection of what happened. Or why Kieran didn't join him. Ed should be > Geo, though, and an argument about that may have resulted in Geoffrey dropping to only one above Ed. Not sure.

Pretty sure it was something like that. Geoffrey only really has two maps to speak of, and it's a stretch to even say he's the best in them. Kieran didn't join because he has more time to be used and perform well. I remember it (Geoffrey's current position) was agreed upon back when it happened, otherwise I wouldn't have done it.

RFoF has issues giving the CRKs credit for some reason (except for Marcia, who is probably overrated), never really made sense to me. Something about Geoffrey and Kieran not being that much better than Danved and Makalov, but the fact is that they both have a pretty significant effect on turncount and resets. I'm not really eager on trying to beat 2-3 with Danved/Mak/Marcia/Astrid myself.

What? The only issues I have with them is that they're contributions don't amount to much. Marcia is only better because she's around for more than they are and even when they're around still has advantages on them (flight mostly).

What? The only issues I have with them is that they're contributions don't amount to much. Marcia is only better because she's around for more than they are and even when they're around still has advantages on them (flight mostly).

"Contributions don't amount to much?" If you're saying that Geoffrey doesn't affect turncount I'd have to disagree. It's certainly better than someone like Tanith who can block a gap in 3-11(which several charactes can do by this point) and remain mediocre for the rest of the game pretty much (I guess she can be above average in 4-E with a lot of Paragon use).

Marcia's chapters that she doesn't share don't matter very much. We can't clear 2-P any faster with or without her, so all she does is basically minor self improvement (1 level), and a few Exp for Elincia when she gets hit. She's not very good on 2-E either, she doesn't even double the unpromoted units very reliably and her Str is too low to cause much damage. When you have 2 fliers with better and offense and defense than she does, her arriving before the CRKs doesn't actually matter.

Aside from 3-9, Marcia pretty much always has this problem (flight just isn't all that useful in 2-3 since she can't kill the Speedwing Halb very quickly anyway). Like healing, flight has diminishing returns, and Marcia's combat is just not on par with Haar/hawks etc. She doesn't double reliably for a while, her Str is not going to be very good and her durability isn't good either. She's like Sigrun with 3-9 and a better Spd growth, which makes her less fail for 4-E. Although Sigrun is forced, has better Str, a better affinity, and will promote earlier so it's actually not that far off.

Edited by -Cynthia-

I did not claim that Eddie was useless. Don't put words in my mouth. I mentioned this specifically to prove a point - enemy density is high, Eddie can only take 1 round of combat before having to be healed, while Nolan's 23 atk 2HKOs every damn enemy here and his 29 HP, 9 def is 4RKO'd by almost every combination on this map.

Would you still say that there is a tactic that involves specific use of Eddie to help make the chapter easier? Because if we're ignoring a proper tactic just because of a number comparison, I feel it's not doing justice for the comparison. Granted it's a weakness of his, I just feel it's a weakness that is vastly exaggerated.

I don't think you understand. I said left stairs. You know, near the place where Sothe enters the map. Your best choice is to have Sothe solo the entire top of the map, because getting Eddie and his 2HKO'd ass in there is going to slow you down.

Due to starting positions, Eddie doesn't even get there first. I could have Nolan there by the time Sothe's usable. It's a null issue, since I have two people there already ready to take care of it. Hell, could even have Eddie lynch a kill off them if it's possible.

Yes, this is one of Eddie's worse chapters, but he does help watch your back.

There are only 3 units that you need to send down the right side: Nolan, Micaiah, and Sothe. I guess you can send Ilyana instead of Nolan, as you only need to chip at an armor that Micaiah probably will fall short of OHKOing. The LHS has a plethora of 20-22 atk units, and he has to be 11/0 on average to survive even 2 20 atk units. Your best move here is to just have Kurth block a chokepoint and recruit Aran on your last turn.

Then why the hell did you bring up the left side in the first place? If we go the left side, we can get more exp for the team overall, and Eddie helps us because of this. 6 turns is not out of the question here either.

So, explain to me what happens when Eddie activates Wrath and blicks an enemy on enemy phase? No amount of blocking and healing jar will save him. He needs to be at least 13/0, with HP rounding up, and have any kind of support to survive an 18 atk cat + 26 atk tiger.

Point to me an instant where that has to happen. There's only 2 situations on which that might happen. The first turn with the two spaces (which yeah, doesn't have to be Eddie), and the point right after with 3 tigers (of which involves a 1 space wide chokehold, and Sothe's Beastslayer exists for a reason). Past turn 2, Wrath's fair game because...Go ahead, say it with me.

Eddie does not ORKO fighters or soldiers, and needs an atk support to ORKO archers. Oh, and he's only doubling soldiers assuming he gets 8-9 levels in 5 maps, otherwise he won't even have 17 AS. You're forcing him to share a total of 5 kills with probably Nolan. Nice job gimping your EXP.

Not impossible by any means, and how the hell does it hurt Nolan's performance in the least? He went from guy who hits hard with an axe to guy who hits hard with an axe.

You also forgot that ledge bonus gives you +2 might as well, giving our Eddie here 21 might. So all he's missing is Fighters. This can be helped with aid from Leo's Longbow if we're being anal about it, since even base Leo would be doing 10 damage to fighters with it.

You can shove Sothe twice and move him to a spot on turn 1 that kills the fighter and counterkills the soldier and archer.

Yet letting him take the fighter's position makes him more able to take down the mage the next turn, letting Jill have free roam.

You then have 2 armors in the center with a myrm and likely a thunder mage.

Are you saying this like we're having one person tank this all out? Because that mage can be dead on turn 2's player phase quite easily. As for the armors, I know they're the guys with the hand axe and javelin. So, let's take level 13 Eddie with C support. 26.65 HP and 8.15+1 Def

1x Myrmidon lvl 14 (Steel Sword)

HP 26, Atk 20, AS 16, Hit 124, Avo 41, DEF 8, RES 4, Crit 12, Ddg 9

1x Armor Axe lvl 13 (Hand Axe)

HP 32, Atk 23, AS 12, Hit 104, Avo 34, DEF 15, RES 6, Crit 6, Ddg 10

Not quite a 2RKO. B with Nolan on the plentiful amounts of bush in the center, he's got 33 displayed from the hand axe, so there's a good chance it won't even hit. Now the armor is out there for Michaiah to blick with Thani, and the merc is weakened, only 1 armor standing between Sothe/Volug and the west side.

Then the pegasi show up to ruin Eddie's day! Wait...They spawn in the east. Where Tauroneo is....I'm sorry, how are pegs a problem again? Wait, the ones who spawned turn 2? From the east, running head first into Sothe and Volug. Even then, both only have 18 Might, so 9 damage each, meaning he can survive after a vulnery. In fact?

2x Pegasus knight lvl 12 (Steel Lance, Turn 2, west)

HP 23, Atk 18, AS 9, Hit 114, Avo 30, DEF 9, RES 8, Crit 5, Ddg 12

You're afraid of THIS? Eddie can ORKO this. In fact?

1x Fighter lvl 11 (Hand Axe)

HP 30, Atk 24, AS 12, Hit 99, Avo 31, DEF 8, RES 3, Crit 5, Ddg 7

It's only one guy, but if I recall correctly, this is the very dude at the start of the map. Level 13 Eddie has 12 Str, and a forge brings his might up to 23. No aid required to ORKO this fool. Hell, if Nolan's at B, he's got 38 displayed, so there's still a good chance Eddie won't be hit. Even if he DOES, if you are still so butthurt about it, the person taking the fighter's place can just shove Eddie back, and the person you want to take up that spot now has that spot free.

But hey, if you wanna forgo tactics just to say "the numbers don't match up" (even though the numbers actually do match up), be my guest. In fact, let's check out that pegasus you were so afraid of, the javelin guy.

2x Pegasus knight lvl 14 (Javelin, Turn 6, south)

HP 23, Atk 16, AS 13, Hit 101, Avo 38, DEF 10, RES 9, Crit 5, Ddg 13

So others can counter it, Eddie's still capable of ORKOing it. They 4RKO him as well, so even if others counter, he's like them. A. He's not in danger of dying even if he has to eat a counter, and B. He's going to kill them regardless. No reinforcements show up on turn 7, if we are taking that long. Either that, or you're gangbanging he's not Sothe or Taur, which there's a newsflash: Neither's Nolan.

The northwest (where Eddie is never going) has 2 armors,

Who the hell is, except for Taur and Miccy?

another thunder mage, and a Killing Edge myrm.

If we're talking about the left side, Volug and Sothe are gonna get there first, so it's not Eddie's problem. They'll be dead before he has any time to worry about it.

You have 3 armors and an archer from the northeast.

Jill, Volug and Sothe are there before Eddie could anyways, so it's still nothing he should be worrying about.

You wouldn't want Eddie countering PKs because half of them have Javelins and he can't even ORKO them until something like 16/0 with A Leo.

Or you could forge, That's a lot easier.

Here's a better idea: put Volug on the left bridge on turn 2. All enemies move before Laverton and Volug just got 12 strike WEXP (i.e. 17% of the WEXP needed for S) in a single enemy phase, plus you get to finish in 2 turns.

Wow, fr srs? I did not know such truths!

Of course that can be assumed, I'm pretty sure that's what's always assumed. I'm just saying that if you choose to not do the Taur drop, it's not like we're spending 8 turns on this chapter. At worst, it's an extra turn or 2 for more for my team overall, but obviously we could have Volug do the same thing.

Great, you just proved my point. You've got guys with 26 atk now. Eddie needs to be 18/0 with at least B Leo if he wants to escape being 2RKO'd.

Ok, and? Considering the only people actually affecting the turncount are on the complete other side of the map, what the hell else are you going to have the rest of your team do? You're basically bitching that if we attack said group as a team, Eddie will need a heal from Laura. Forgive me if I'm not crying over spilt milk. Considering this group could even take out Volug, why would you EVER try to have one person take them all?

Again, you just proved my point. 2 attacks with height bonus kills Eddie. There is absolutely nothing that he can do here.

Why's Eddie taking the ledges? Even considering, as Pass Nailah climbs the ledges, she can snap some necks on her way up.

1-2: 2 extra turns for EXP and Wind Edge.

Yeah, ignoring my first attempt before I restarted the entire playthrough of which I did it in 6 or 7 turns (I know I did it quicker), with Wing Edge included. However, I could have quite well done without.

1-3: 1 extra turn. Needs to be 11/0 to survive 2 attacks, and you had him at 9/0 after 1-3.

You're gangbanging over a turn

1-4: 3 extra turns to favor Eddie. Needs to be 13/0 to survive aforementioned combination, and like I said above, he was 9/0 here.

Yet again, you ignore my first playthrough before the redo. 6 turns was my first successful run. Forgeless no less. My 8 turns was in no way to favor Eddie, but rather to nab treasures (I could have ignored the Wing Edge in 1-2, I would have saved turns since I would have had keys, considering I had Eddie drop down to take the key to nab the chest). It was more to get Sothe tot he next chest without murdering the boss to end the chapter before I could nab said chest. Again, I could have ignored the wing edge and been fine.

I had no troubles keeping Eddie alive in 1-4 by the way, so quit your bitching about it. I had more troubles from Nolan whiffing.

1-5: Needs to be 12/0 just to double anything reliably. You had him at 11/0 after 1-4.

I was a kill off, and I got that kill after climbing the ledge. What pissed me off was that I was screwed that speed point. About time you got to his actual problem though.

1-6: 5 extra turns to favor Eddie. Needs to be 16/0 to ORKO PKs with Wind Edge. You had him at 12/0 after 1-5.

Part of it was to see how fast 1-6-2 could be done without the Taur drop, so I had my reasons for that. 1-6-1? Probably could have done with more unit transportation using Jill.

1-7: 5 extra turns to favor Eddie. Needs to be 18/0 to survive 2 rounds from 26 atk with +2 def support. You had him at 14/0 after 1-6.

That was a foolish mistake on my part, as it was not to favor Eddie, but rather to get the prisoners to escape. the BEXP was negligeable, and I could have done without. I could have done it in 5 like anyone else, and Eddie would have been no worse off. I simply made the BEXP to be more important than it actually is.

You still seem to be unable to grasp that I had no issue whatsoever keeping Eddie alive that entire playthrough.

1-8: 2 extra turns, although you can't favor Eddie that much in this map.

That is true since there's so few in grabbing range before Sothe gobbles up the boss area, and it was probably due to me not shoving Sothe enough towards the boss through the swamps.

1-E: 4 extra turns, although you just wanted to dally on the map so I won't hold it against you.

Danke.

So that's what, 16 turns that you used up to favor Eddie? And he didn't even make any of the level benchmarks. You gave him a Dracoshield? Well, what if Nolan, Jill, or Volug want it more? Is Eddie going to save 16 turns over any of his 3 part 3 maps or 3+ part 4 maps?

You misread a LOT on my playthrough for your own argument, that's cute. I could have easily done chapter 1-7 in 5 turns and been no worse off. 5 turns off. I could have done a Taur drop. 2 turns off. Could have done more flying with Jill in 1-6-1. Couple turns off (let's face it, I'm not the perfect player). Had I not gotten the Wind Edge. 3 turns off 1-4 since I would have had the right amount of keys. I flubbed in 1-2 and 1-8. The 1 turn in 1-3 is legitimate, so one has to ask that yes, would Eddie save any turns at ll in part 3?

Well, how does being the best Wrath/Resolver to kill Ike with sound? The only other one is Volug, who has less crit (as Eddie's got class bonus and Caladbolg). Volug after a drop has about 40 might with S strike, while Eddie's got...39. If one can get Eddie to cap Skill and Speed levels, there's also the option of Crowning him for 2 more might, more crit from Trueblade bonuses, and Astra to further increase his kill chances (41 might to Ike's 26 Def. He could have Ragnell equipped, if Eddie lands an Astra, he's toast).

Granted you could say "Well, why not have Volug do it?". Well, he's got a greater chance to fail. If we bring up Trueblade, we're looking at 16 crit from skill, 8 from Resolve, 5 from Caladbolg, 20 from Trueblade, and 50 from Wrath comes together to make 99 crit before luck is involved. We can then throw 24% activation of Astra after Resolve on top of that. Even if we don't, Eddie's still got a greater chance to succeed just due to Caladbolg and Swordmaster crit.

Is that only one person disagreeing about moving Oliver down?

nope, i think astrid is > oliver, but not Fiona.

"Contributions don't amount to much?" If you're saying that Geoffrey doesn't affect turncount I'd have to disagree. It's certainly better than someone like Tanith who can block a gap in 3-11(which several charactes can do by this point) and remain mediocre for the rest of the game pretty much (I guess she can be above average in 4-E with a lot of Paragon use).

Marcia's chapters that she doesn't share don't matter very much. We can't clear 2-P any faster with or without her, so all she does is basically minor self improvement (1 level), and a few Exp for Elincia when she gets hit. She's not very good on 2-E either, she doesn't even double the unpromoted units very reliably and her Str is too low to cause much damage. When you have 2 fliers with better and offense and defense than she does, her arriving before the CRKs doesn't actually matter.

Aside from 3-9, Marcia pretty much always has this problem (flight just isn't all that useful in 2-3 since she can't kill the Speedwing Halb very quickly anyway). Like healing, flight has diminishing returns, and Marcia's combat is just not on par with Haar/hawks etc. She doesn't double reliably for a while, her Str is not going to be very good and her durability isn't good either. She's like Sigrun with 3-9 and a better Spd growth, which makes her less fail for 4-E. Although Sigrun is forced, has better Str, a better affinity, and will promote earlier so it's actually not that far off.

I agree with alot of what you say, Geoffrey is definitly > tanith. but Marcia only a little better than Sigrun??(and she is not forced for 4-E) i beg to differ, for somewhat obvious reasons, speedwing on 2-3 AND 3-9. Fire isn't that much worse than water, not enough to help Sigrun a huge amount.

I agree with alot of what you say, Geoffrey is definitly > tanith. but Marcia only a little better than Sigrun??(and she is not forced for 4-E) i beg to differ, for somewhat obvious reasons, speedwing on 2-3 AND 3-9. Fire isn't that much worse than water, not enough to help Sigrun a huge amount.

How does Marcia claim responsibility for the 2-3 and 3-9 Speedwings? The 2-3 one she's like 4RKOing the Halb that holds it and he 3HKOs her back. Not to mention he's not the only enemy up there, there are other ones, including a few bowmen, so if she's rushing up there alone her chances of dying are high. It's better just to put someone in the Speedwing!Halb's range, he'll drop down, Brave Lance Geoffrey nearly ORKOs.

For the 3-9 one, IIRC that Halb is near the boss. She can get there more quickly, but once again her #RKO numbers compared to his aren't very good, and there are lots of other enemies around. Marcia isn't Haar, just because her flight gets their faster doesn't mean she can actually do the job better if the job involves killing enemies and not dying.

My main point with Marcia/Sigrun was that come 3-11 Marcia is similar to Sigrun, who's not viewed as a very good unit, and Marcia's only real utility map before thar is 3-9 (she's good at saving houses).

Edited by -Cynthia-

Oh, one more thing about Eddie before I go to sleep (I don't have the time right now to tackle all of GJ's post):

Let's say that you manage to get Eddie to 20/0 in part 1 in under 70 turns. You promote him for 3-6... then glance at his parameters. Wow. All that effort in part 1 for another Zihark. Eddie's advantages are basically limited to higher support level and +13 luck after factoring in Caladbolg. He only has 21 AS and can't even double cats for 7 more levels. But he probably doesn't want to, because his durability is terrible - he might KO them on accident. Let's just round up his def and give him a +3 def support, and throw a Dracoshield in there too, for 32 HP, 17 def. He's still KO'd by a combination of a 27 atk cat and a 39 atk tiger.

Edited by dondon151

Neglecting the fact that Wrath is natural to him, which can give him greater parameters with Resolve for tier 2, something Zihark cannot do.

Neglecting to mention exactly who he is supporting, that being Nolan, of which his support helps make Nolan tougher, something you seem to go absolutely bonkers over. Hell, it makes him tougher for 3-6. He's helping the person doing all the heavy lifting for most of the DB's part 3 do a better job.

Overrating durability as the only thing that matters for part 1 is also laughable, because I can safely say that dying is only going to happen from the worst luck screwing over your accuracy over and over.

Regardless, g'night. Can't wait to see what new assumptions you make about my playthrough in the morning.

Wrath on any other mage is nice too, especially if they have super long ranged tomes. I always wanted to steal a Bolting for Sanaki for 4-E-3 so she can wrath dragons but I'm not sure if its such a good idea.

To be blunt, I wouldn't want my mages romping about in wrath health, AKA a state where even a light breeze could kill them. As for blessing long range tomes, I consider it novelty, and nothing more.

What you "want" doesn't enter into it, nor does what you consider a "novelty". Mages are easy to get into Wrath health, have the safest means of applying their offense while Wrath'ed, and merely have to be kept away from enemies. This is a tier list thread, and it's a useful strategy; end of adventure.

Edited by Interceptor

To be blunt, I wouldn't want my mages romping about in wrath health, AKA a state where even a light breeze could kill them. As for blessing long range tomes, I consider it novelty, and nothing more.

Mages exist, and suck, and being able to make their offense good is very useful. It's not like they're durable or have decent offense anyway, so you might as well make the most of their potent 1-2 range.

What you "want" doesn't enter into it, nor does what you consider a "novelty". Mages are easy to get into Wrath health, have the safest means of applying their offense while Wrath'ed, and merely have to be kept away from enemies. This is a tier list thread, and it's a useful strategy; end of adventure.

It may be useful, I begrudgingly admit, but you won't see me thinking good of Wrath anytime soon, if at all.

Anyway, why is Soren above Geoffrey? I think there's an argument that could feasibly be made for Geoffrey > Soren.

Geoffrey has really good bases, a free Brave Lance, Mounted utility, and is fairly easy to promote. His SPD's an issue (same with all paladins), but his STR and SKL and quite nice, and his RES isn't half-bad either. He can take a hit and double quite a few enemies without issue. He also has Paragon, which is keyword for "abuse".

Soren uses Anima magic, has no durability against physicals, can't double, and doesn't bring anything useful until he promotes, which is when he gets staffs, which means the GM now have 3 healers. Soren is liked because of his EM performance, but on HM, he falls apart. He also has Adept, which doesn't make much sense on him.

Edited by Soren37