OMG it's a tier list

Florete

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it's worth I'd point out that Pelleas grows into an entirely usable mage and if you bring and trade a thunder or elthunder tome when he recruits he'll be hitting fairly often, well enough to chip at least. If he gets a share in 4-2 then there's loads of experience on offer for a mage in 4-5 since laguz have no resistance and plenty of them are wide open to doubles.

I'd say fenrir tomes aren't necessarily worth selling: siege tomes are all fairly cheap, at least compared to other tomes.

For what it's worth I'd point out that Pelleas grows into an entirely usable mage and if you bring and trade a thunder or elthunder tome when he recruits he'll be hitting fairly often, well enough to chip at least. If he gets a share in 4-2 then there's loads of experience on offer for a mage in 4-5 since laguz have no resistance and plenty of them are wide open to doubles.

I'd say fenrir tomes aren't necessarily worth selling: siege tomes are all fairly cheap, at least compared to other tomes.

Starting at Level --/12 on Turn 2 when you have Elincia and the Hawks? And 6 MOV? Unless you baby him (inefficient) or give him Pargon (Elincia or the Hawks can put it to better use), he's not catching up. And the levels he joins aren't that helpful to him. 4-2 may take a few turns, but 4-5 is a 1 to 2 turn clear, at most.

And he's not seeing Endgame either from an efficiency point of view. 31 SPD doesn't double the Spirits, and he may get away with doubling some Generals (doubt it though, knowing the FE10 Generals), he's either heal-botting (Miccy and Elincia have that spot claimed), or Shove-botting, which isn't happening in 4-E, as the only character that can be shoved is Miccy, Snacks, untransformed Ulki, untransformed Ena, Shinon, Mia, and Sothe.

or give him Pargon (Elincia or the Hawks can put it to better use),

You can't assign him Paragon in 4-2 and he's getting 2 KOs at best in 4-5. Your 3 Paragons are better used in the other armies where they don't get completely gimped for a map.

You can't assign him Paragon in 4-2 and he's getting 2 KOs at best in 4-5. Your 3 Paragons are better used in the other armies where they don't get completely gimped for a map.

Hence why I said that Elincia or the Hawks make better use of the Paragon scroll.

Well, now that I think of it...I can either Vigor him with Reyson and Smite and Shove him with Mordecai and Ranulf...

Untransformed, Tibarn isn't that heavy. Don't even need halfshifted laguz to shove him. (Which, btw, is still a great way to shove him.)

I might even have a convenient 4-5 save to check his weight, but

Nolan and Ranulf shove Tibarn forward.
, so Nolan can do it. Tier 2 Nolan, if it matters.

EDIT: 16WT untransformed for Tibarn, so 14 con required to shove.

Edited by nflchamp

Starting at Level --/12 on Turn 2 when you have Elincia and the Hawks? And 6 MOV? Unless you baby him (inefficient) or give him Pargon (Elincia or the Hawks can put it to better use), he's not catching up. And the levels he joins aren't that helpful to him. 4-2 may take a few turns, but 4-5 is a 1 to 2 turn clear, at most.

And he's not seeing Endgame either from an efficiency point of view. 31 SPD doesn't double the Spirits, and he may get away with doubling some Generals (doubt it though, knowing the FE10 Generals), he's either heal-botting (Miccy and Elincia have that spot claimed), or Shove-botting, which isn't happening in 4-E, as the only character that can be shoved is Miccy, Snacks, untransformed Ulki, untransformed Ena, Shinon, Mia, and Sothe.

I agree with this.

Pelleas is just there he really doesn't seem to be shortturning anything much so I think he rightfully belongs in bottom tier. I guess you could crown him but its more or likely not worth it.

In 4-2 I can assure he's only going to meet up 2 enemies unless you slow down for him. In 4-5 he can fenrir shoot things though its not as different from Fiona/Meg attacking untransformed Laguz in 3-6. I guess training him would be easier compared to Asrid/Fiona/Meg but its not all that easy either unless he's bexp bumped a lot. Also his pros aren't as good as theirs by endgame (if you did train Astrid/Fiona/Meg) since he's going to have doubling issues and hit issues endgame. Staves are nice though ;).

Well, Pelleas doesn't need to be shoved to the bottom. He does ok Chip damage, and 2 free fenrirs. If your not gonna use them, you have some free money. It's not like he takes a deployment slot for 4-2.

I was once told that taking Savior off Fiona, Paragon off Astrid/Geoffrey, Ilyana transfering items shouldn't be taken into account much and idk why counting selling his items should count for him if anything he just offers gold. Nothing else too exciting or helpful as Fiona's savior ;).

Edited by Queen_Elincia

Hence why I said that Elincia or the Hawks make better use of the Paragon scroll.

... Hence why I said that the scrolls should go to other armies instead? Is there something that's not clear in that sentence?

Edited by dondon151

Next time, actually bother making an overview before posting. It seems pretty ignorant of your part, especially if you insultingly refer to effeciency as a religion.

Edited by Soul

Ah, I keep forgetting about your religious efficiency since it's basically the opposite way to how I normally play. Forget I said anything.

So you play in an inefficient manner and assign resources to characters who don't use them well, and you think we should take that into account?

I do find it amusing to imagine someone playing in the opposite way to dondon, though.

I simply forgot that this tier list counts efficiency above all else and I'm sorry if I offended anyone with my comment. I rarely visit these topics, am not used to their rules and I just forgot one and am very sorry. I naturally play to have characters reach their full potential: taking time to get plenty of experience, not necessarily using items or spending money but choosing my team and taking what the game offers me, even if it takes me a while. Once again, I'm sorry if I offended.

Edited by Byte2222

I simply forgot that this tier list counts efficiency above all else and I'm sorry if I offended anyone with my comment. I rarely visit these topics, am not used to their rules and I just forgot one and am very sorry. I naturally play to have characters reach their full potential: taking time to get plenty of experience, not necessarily using items or spending money but choosing my team and taking what the game offers me, even if it takes me a while. Once again, I'm sorry if I offended.

I don't think you get it. Here's where your problem lies.

I keep forgetting about your religious efficiency since it's basically the opposite way to how I normally play.

Please tell me that I don't have explain why people might be just a little pissed at you.

Edited by Sue Sylvester

Lighten up guys, I mean honestly, we do base this tier list on very extreme standards, so he wasn't exactly wrong.

I mean geez there's nothing to get so worked up ab-

Why is Reyson still on top? And Gatrie better the hawks. Come on people, this list hasn't changed in ages and you're stil bringing up new material. Was their any remaining opposition to hawks > Gatrie.

Narga edits this tier list now.

Which means I haven't gotten around to it.

Someone remind me what else they wanted? I'm not moving anyone from one tier to another right now since I don't feel like dealing with changing the numbers.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Aran to Low, please.

Which means I haven't gotten around to it.

Someone remind me what else they wanted? I'm not moving anyone from one tier to another right now since I don't feel like dealing with changing the numbers.

Plus you hurt me too much in the HnH :( , so I'm not doing anything you say :P .

Maybe some other time when I feel like messing with those numbers.