Is Ike the International Marth

Serene

Is Ike the International Marth?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Is Ike really the International version of Marth (terms of success not looks)

• Yes
    • No

Okay well I'm just asking this because there are two noticeable similarities (besides the hair and eye color) behind Marth and Ike.

Both Marth and Ike are the only two Fire Emblem characters that have made actual fighting time in the main storyline of two or more games (Marth with FE 1, 3 and 11 when it comes out. Ike with FE 9, and 10).

And secondly both have appeared in Super Smash Bros Brawl, at least once,

In my opinion yes Ike is the International Marth

No, because he will be replaced with whoever comes next. There will never be any true representative of Fire Emblem, neither Ike nor Marth, nor anyone else.

i agree with Fox (i tend to do that a lot, right)

since in the series there is never any regular characters, it is impossible to have any representative from a particular game that would not anger some fans....

i think the only one deserving of the representative status is Anna!!!!!!!

I'd much prefer Eliwood or Roy to Marth, but I guess Marth was kept behind because of the Fire Emblem DS that will be released. I guess it's one way to sell the game - by having the game's main character in Brawl. It's how Fire Emblem became popular in America; Roy and Marth brought Fire Emblem fame to the rest of the world through Melee.

My search engine says no, and because of that it must be so. And it's like Fox said, they'll just be replaced by whatever main character FE12 will have. Though Ike deserves a CGI Movie and a few spinoff games.

Though Ike deserves a CGI Movie

"Coming Summer 2009! It's the story of a boy who took over a band of mercenaries after the death of his beloved father. With all hope lost he strived on forward, winning many battles, gaining many more friends, and saved a nation from an evil goddess! It's the summer event movie you don't wanna miss! (Insert movie title) Rated PG-13..."

I could see it coming...

"Coming Summer 2009! It's the story of a boy who took over a band of mercenaries after the death of his beloved father. With all hope lost he strived on forward, winning many battles, gaining many more friends, and saved a nation from an evil goddess! It's the summer event movie you don't wanna miss! (Insert movie title) Rated PG-13..."

I could see it coming...

i would scream in joy, grab the nearest ragnell, and start slashing the heads off random people in the street!!!!!

....doubt it will happen, though T_T

i would scream in joy, grab the nearest ragnell, and start slashing the heads off random people in the street!!!!!

That's what I did when I first heard there is going to be a Metal Gear Solid movie. Hell yeah.

"Snake? Snake?! SNAAAAAAKE!!"

No.... Anna is the ONE cofncofecofocof

That's what I did when they told me about Metroid movie... well... you know what happend

I believe there's still plans for it to happen, but it won't be a while yet. But the Metal Gear film is supposedly going to be released in 2009. I can't wait for that.

It depends on how the fans love Ike after his games are done. Ike isn't our first FE Lord, but he is our first GOD FE Lord. Who was just made godlier by Brawl.

If he's in the next Smash Bros game, and still has fans that worship him and his sword that is about as godly as Sword of Seals... yeah, he's the international Marth. However I kinda doubt he'll get a third FE game.