• General
    • Super Recruit
  3. 3. Ewan

• Sage
    • Mage Knight
    • Druid
    • Summoner
    • Super Pupil

What do you have the trainees end up as.

I have Ross as a berserker, Amelia as a general, and Ewan as a druid.

Supreme-a Rule-a like-a how you think-a, Luigi.

I said the exact same.

Let's turn this around into a debate...

Ross is... a powerhouse. You HAVE to at least admit that. That 30% Critical MUST kick in for me, even if it does lock Ross down to axes only. Ross+Berserker+Garm=Win.

Amelia is fast and overpowers in luck. There are lots of other people like that, but she is the only one who can turn into a general out of those people. Her speed and luck make her the general that is different from all others, even if her DEF and STR aren't as well as Gilliam's. 'The Little General that Could', anyone?

Ewan is great, but I recommend the Super Trainee Mage for only those who are willing to add in a lot of commitment until the promotion is done. The STM lets you use all three types of offensive magic and is the only class in the game who lets you do that without cheating, but I would sacrifice light magic anyday for healing abilities. Dark is powerful, which fits Ewan's speed. Anima is heavier than Light, and is also stronger. That should be a secondary for him. Light magic, however, is too weak under anyone other than Artur, whose overkill MAG can negate the flaw and be a Killer Slayer.

Berserkers only get a 15% critical boost, unless you were factoring in supports from some unnamed donor. I don't see what's so great about Amelia as a General. Great Knight gives her the same weaponry but with an extra point of movement, and Paladin gives an additional three move (but no axes).

Ross: Berserker. Because he is the only true options for a decent berserker.

Amelia: Super Recruit. Because the Max States fit her growths better and because of the +15% critical bost. With that she is almost like a myrmidon with better defense that uses spears. Thats just awesome.

Ewan: Sage. i just don't like Druids to be honest. There is no other reason.

They're all pretty bad, but...

Ross: Hero. +2 Spd and swords > bows over Warrior, and better promo item.

Amelia: Cavalier -> Great Knight. Flexibility + extra weapon > stats.

Ewan: Summoner, but it doesn't really matter.

I agree with all the points made with Ross> Berserker; Amelia I choose to promote to general because I have more than enough paladins (Franz, Forde, Seth and that lousy add-in for CC) and two great knights (Kyle and Duessel), aside from Gilliam, Amelia's my only choice for General (until CC), and she is one of the few Generals I like using as an active unit, engaging enemy units because of her good speed and solid stats across the board; Ewan has had no trouble actually capping his magic for me and his other stats make him a very nice Druid overall (as a summoner his phantoms are the least effective so I don't make him one very often)

Erm, why do you don't like the trainees, Mekkah?

Because they start out terrible and end up good, whereas nearly every other unit starts out good and ends up good.

Yes, I think that's what Mekkah meant.

But I like babying someone, just to see the results, that are usually good. Pros and Cons, you know.

Ross as a berserker mainly cuz hes a bit faster that way..

Amelia as a paladin..shes got some bomb res and depending on how the RNG stats are feeling she can get to ass whomping status..General Amelia is ok but i prefer paladins over generals..

Ewan...well...i usually wait for CC before i do anything with him at all...hes decent as a mage knight and pretty good as a sage..i dont care for dark magic users as a whole..

But I like babying someone, just to see the results, that are usually good. Pros and Cons, you know.

I like seeing pretty +1s and promo bonuses and huge EXP gains as much as anyone else, I just know they're not what makes a character good.

Guest FreelancerSealBoy

My first run I made Ross a Warrior, Amelia a General, and Ewan a Summoner. I have no idea what I'm going to make them this time. :P

The Mage Knight class may not be as good as it was, but it's still a decent class. Mounted magic-users aren't exactly common in the GBA series.

• 2 weeks later...