Movies are trash these days.

Destiny Hero

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think Epic Movie is that bad then you have not seen Meet the Spartans. That was without a doubt the worst movie I've ever seen. I regret spending 12$ to see that movie.

Meet the Spartans was better than Epic Movie. Epic Movie wasn't even funny, while at least MtS had a few funny gags. MtS's problem was that it felt like it was just a really long gag reel (Though some of the funniest gags were put in the movie's gag reel over the actual movie, no clue why...), and was too short to feel like a real movie.

If you think Epic Movie is that bad then you have not seen Meet the Spartans. That was without a doubt the worst movie I've ever seen. I regret spending 12$ to see that movie.

OMG that movie made me laugh so hard. :lol:

Both were terrible, but I don't think Epic Movie could be better than Meet the Spartans, unless you liked Epic Movie more because it was shorter (It was an hour long, what the hell?).

Both were terrible, but I don't think Epic Movie could be better than Meet the Spartans, unless you liked Epic Movie more because it was shorter (It was an hour long, what the hell?).

Ah...both movies were simply terrible. I just find the Spartans extremely funny :lol:

Good comedy.

But then, recently I watched Disaster Movie but know I had my mind set that it was going to be full of shit, and even when it sucked I actually enjoy some parts of the movie. So now I really don't have high expectations on any movie.

I saw that movie, but it was advertised like something related to Superhero Movie(which I liked), so I thought it would be at least funny.

Oh God, how wrong I was. Not even the chipmunks could save the movie.

I learned my lesson from, Epic Movie not to watch any movie with the word "Movie" in the title.

Scary Movie says hi. ;)

I've only ever seen the trailers for those Friedberg and Zeltzer films, and honestly, the only things I liked about any of those trailers was the part in the Disaster Movie trailer where Hannah Montana gets hit with a comet, because damn it, I hate Miley Cyrus with a passion. So in a sense, the schadenfreude associated with that caused me to find that moment amusing before Hannah Montana killed it with some lame one-liner.

I think that the main problem in Disaster Movie is that they drag out the same lame joke around for too much.

Cows falling from the sky on the super heroes,ok, WHY 3 TIMES THE SAME THING. WHY NOT A PIANO, WHY NOT A KITCHEN SINK.

Oh yeah, and the musicals.

I think that the main problem in Disaster Movie is that they drag out the same lame joke around for too much.

Cows falling from the sky on the super heroes,ok, WHY 3 TIMES THE SAME THING. WHY NOT A PIANO, WHY NOT A KITCHEN SINK.

Oh yeah, and the musicals.

Uh, that's called a running gag, mate. :/

Uh, that's called a running gag, mate. :/

It only works when employed at large intervals, though. I just remembered that I actually saw a bit of Epic Movie (blame the internet), and that there the '3 times the same thing' deal is pushed on you within the same scene, sometimes seconds apart from each other.

For example: there's this one scene in Epic Movie where the characters are getting trained by Harry Potter and crew, and throughout that scene several Hogwarts professors run by and get their arms chopped off by Peter. Now, it would have been better if it had happened to various characters over the course of the film. But the humor got killed by the fact that they shoved the humor down your throat.

Edited by Herr Wozzeck

i regret to say that i actually saw Epic Movie..and it was really freakin bad...

i guess as long as theres people who like this sort of thing, they are gonna keep making em..

Remember when getting an Academy Award was the highest honor a movie/actor/actress/directer/etc could recieve? thats such a joke now! >_< i mean when Juno was up for an Oscar, i knew then, the Academy is not what it used to be...

I will have to agree and disagree on this one. I agree because movies like Epic Movie were terrible, and the movies now or days can be bad. Why I disagree because many awesome movies are coming out. Some examples being Dark Knight, Ironman, and etc..

Why I disagree because many awesome movies are coming out. Some examples being Dark Knight, Ironman, and etc..

I found Dark Knight to be a little creepy thanks to Heath Ledger's Joker. But I think watching a truly psychotic Joker

and that incredibly creepy yet highly convincing Two-Face effect

was what really drew me to the film and caused me to love how intense it was. Also, because it managed to find lots of great psychological material to work with in stuff about a guy beating the crap out of people in a bat suit. :P

But yeah, on the whole, there've been lots of crap films being made these days, but I think it's important to remember that they used to have crap movies back then too (Plan 9 from Outer Space, anyone?).

I wouldn't forget the awesomeness of any Pixar movie (except maybe Cars which was just "pretty good" instead of "awesome") such as WALL-E and The Incredibles.

I wouldn't forget The Departed,Letters from Iwo Jima, Saving Private Ryan, The Lord of the Rings,Spirited Away, Wallace and Gromit and many others.

In fact, you can consider LOTR "the new star wars"

Oh yes, I agree, LotR was wildly popular (and good), but I was talking about in the last two years. And there hasn't been anything as overwhelmingly successful. And the things that were successful just didn't seem as good. Wall-E was ok, but it wasn't near as good as older Pixar works IMO.

Oh yes, I agree, LotR was wildly popular (and good), but I was talking about in the last two years. And there hasn't been anything as overwhelmingly successful. And the things that were successful just didn't seem as good. Wall-E was ok, but it wasn't near as good as older Pixar works IMO.

Frankly that's a matter of opinion, I rate WALL-E very highly (as do others) with regards to other pixar films. Hell, Ratatouille came out in 2007 so that's two awesome pixar movies. Last year was awesome with "There Will be Blood" and "No Country for Old Men" and this year had the Dark Knight and Iron Man.

It's simply nostalgia as well as your tastes get more refined as you grow older.

Also, I think people should look at Foreign films more. There are some awesome movies out there. (though I mainly focus on war films :P)

Scary Movie says hi. ;)

Scary Movie is by far the best of those type of movies because it was a full-blown parody of Scream, which was hilarious to begin with. Scary Movie 2 was pretty funny and Scary Movie 3 was alright, but when the writers for the series split up, spawning Date Movie, the "Movie" series turned into an ugly beast. That shitty movie took the series into a horrible spiral of nonsense and lame jokes that aren't funny. The movies stopped being parodies and started being plotless movie that tried to make several small parodies in a short amount of time, which is why those movies fail so much and why movies are turning into shit.

Luckily, the past 6/7 months have produced amazing movies. Last night, I saw Valkyrie, which was completely awesome. Eddie Izzard was in it and he did are terrific job. Absolutely stunning from start to finish. I also saw Marley & Me this morning. That was pretty good as well. I knew it was going to be great as soon as Owen Wilson started talking about taking bong hits and playing Donkey Kong. There is hope for this glorious industry after all.

Relax hahaha look at you all defensive. I was just curious that's all.

Anyway movies depend on my mood at the time Im watching them. For example I went to watch Epic Movie (or something like that) and it tremendously suck, I really hated it. But then, recently I watched Disaster Movie but know I had my mind set that it was going to be full of shit, and even when it sucked I actually enjoy some parts of the movie. So now I really don't have high expectations on any movie.

Agreed. There are a few movies I went to watch, and though I thought that they would suck big time, I actually ended up liking them, too much in fact that I had to buy them.

Geez, what I could of had bought with that money. ;)

Wall-E was a superb movie. amazing how they managed to express so many feelings with practically no dialogue. the movie was a true masterpiece.

Although I didn't see it all the way to the end, I enjoyed the few parts I saw. The movie sounds were spectacular tbh.

Watched Seven Pounds. It would be even better if I didn't read the synopse.

It still was pretty good, Will Smith never dissapoints.

Frankly that's a matter of opinion, I rate WALL-E very highly (as do others) with regards to other pixar films. Hell, Ratatouille came out in 2007 so that's two awesome pixar movies. Last year was awesome with "There Will be Blood" and "No Country for Old Men" and this year had the Dark Knight and Iron Man.

It's simply nostalgia as well as your tastes get more refined as you grow older.

Also, I think people should look at Foreign films more. There are some awesome movies out there. (though I mainly focus on war films :P)

I agree with that last part so much.

I'm a bit of a foreign/indie fayg myself, and I'd love to see these types of movies get more recognition.

Watched Seven Pounds. It would be even better if I didn't read the synopse.

It still was pretty good, Will Smith never dissapoints.

Quote'd for truth.

Will Smith, never disappoints

I saw House Bunny. It was surprising because it was made by Happy Madison. But it was ok. It had Emma Stone in it, I HAD to watch it :D