FINALLY

riariadne

finally, i got this game. just a few questions:

1) do all my items i used during lyns story get fully repaired? i know the manni katti does, but what about everything else?

2) why is lundgren so easy? how can a 6 str lyn with lancereaver even damage him? (i actually beat him when he was at 1 hp that way)

3) are there any good bow users in this game?

4) this game was used. do i continue on to eliwoods story after lyns story, or could I choose to play hectors story?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) I believe that when re-recruited, everyone starts off with set weapons, regardless of what they had at the end of LM.

2) Lancereaver reverses the wepaon triangle, giving the Sword advantage over Lance. Thus, she does much better than, for example, with Iron Sword.

3) Some say Rebecca's good. Some prefer Rath or Will. Louise, even as a pre-promote, is okay. I like Lyn for Bows after she promotes, personally.

4) If HM was unlocked by the previous player, you can go there. If not, you're stuck with EM for now.

Edited by Melodia

1)Just the Mani Katti, I think.

2)Because Lyn's story is easy?

3)Well, Rebecca and Louise are good, while Rath(the only Nomad that you get) and Wil are kinda average.

4)I think so.

I know about the whole weapon triangle/ lancereaver thing, but doesn't he have enough defense to not take damage anyway?

since this is my first time playing this game, but i have some experience (FE8, FE9, FE10), should i take eliwood mode or hector mode? hector story was unlocked.

ok, so training rath was a good idea. good to know.

@ lex: because Lyn's story is easy?

yeah i kinda figured it out if i beat it in 2 days.

I know about the whole weapon triangle/ lancereaver thing, but doesn't he have enough defense to not take damage anyway?

since this is my first time playing this game, but i have some experience (FE8, FE9, FE10), should i take eliwood mode or hector mode? hector story was unlocked.

ok, so training rath was a good idea. good to know.

@ lex: because Lyn's story is easy?

yeah i kinda figured it out if i beat it in 2 days.

Lundgren is lame, nuff said. >_>

Since this is your first play, you will be automatically take Eliwood's route. You can only unlock Hector's route after you beat the Eliwood's first.

EDIT: OH! You already unlocked Hector's route? My bad. But I still think that you better choose Eliwood's route first. That one is easier to adjust with.

Edited by Fury

Hector's mode is a good idea especially if you actually spam Nils' song to lv him up to 7 before done w/ Lyn because that's one of the pre-reqs for getting a sidequest chapter that's exclusively in hector's mode; Rebecca is definitely your best bow unit, I also use Rath because I like him to support with Lyn when I use her and I always liked Nomads; yes the inventory is fixed with all your Lyn units (they receive new inventory altogether and Lyn gets her Mani Katti as if it was new); since you played the ones to follow you should be pretty well ready for everything, have fun

Actually having experience on FE8~10 will help a little on Hector's Normal Mode.

Then, you might try Hector's Hard Mode later, but you've gotta be ready, as it IS hard.

i did get nils to lv 7, and i only had to play 4 unnesscesary songs, because i was going to try copying the file and try both routes, but i found out you couldn't. so i decided to try eliwoods story first.

i made 2 files before i finished lyn mode on the other one, to see what each story was like. i kept getting frustrated on hector mode.

Eliwood's story + Lyn's story usually doesn't yield any story differences, but some bits of story make just a little more sense when you've played Lyn's story, and plus your characters from Lyn's story keep all the experience they gained when they come into Eliwood's story. (If this was a new copy, you'd start Eliwood's story right after you finish Lyn's story.)

As for good bow users, I personally never found too much use for Rebecca, as she turned out to be pretty speed screwed in all of my playthroughs. Will and Rath are both okay, but Rath comes back into Eliwood's story at a pretty bad time, so it becomes a bit of a pain to bring him up (especially if you never did Lyn's Story first). Louise should only be used if any of those three turn out to suck hard for you, as if she dies she takes Pent with her and she kind of turns out to me a 'meh' unit as well.

Edited by Herr Wozzeck

Lyn's mode is designed for beginners. That's why it's so easy. In regards to the question about archers, Rebecca is probably your best bet even though she isn't that impressive. Wil is too slow and Louise joins fairly late and is nothing special besides. Rath has a better class, but I don't think he's worth the effort.

finally, i got this game. just a few questions:

1) do all my items i used during lyns story get fully repaired? i know the manni katti does, but what about everything else?

2) why is lundgren so easy? how can a 6 str lyn with lancereaver even damage him? (i actually beat him when he was at 1 hp that way)

3) are there any good bow users in this game?

4) this game was used. do i continue on to eliwoods story after lyns story, or could I choose to play hectors story?

1. I believe the Mani Katti is the only one that does get refreshed..the other characters accompanying Lyn get defaulted weapons like steel lances, etc.

2. Lungren is a slice of cake. hes designed to be taken down by Lyn, and since Lyn has abysmal strength and defense (even at level 10 or so) she can take him out in about one turn with either the lancereaver or the Mani Katti (which has a high crit)

3. Rebecca is ok but my vote goes to Rath...hes mobile, can use a sword after promotion and has excellent strength

4. Id go with Hectors tale if its unlocked..its better and there are more chapters (and gaidens) and Farina..

Edited by Florina

1. Everyone starts with new weapons. On the top of my head:

Lyn: Mani Katti, Vulnerary and a bonus item, depending on how well you did Lyn's story.

Sain: Iron Sword and Steel Lance

Kent: Steel Sword and Iron Lance

Wil: Iron and Steel Bows

Florina: Slim Lance and Vulnerary

Dorcas: Steel Axe

Erk: Thunder, Goddess Icon

Serra: Heal

Matthew: Iron Sword, Lockpick

Rath: Short and Long Bows

Lucius: Lightning, Vulnerary

Wallace: Silver Lance, Javelin

Nils is a special case.

2. Lyn mode is easy, but a lot of bosses actually are. I remember a boss ( Damian I think ) who has a lower base speed than his own class.

3. Geitz and Louise I guess, but it's either Geitz or Wallace and you need your lords to be level 50 by chapter 22. Wil is slow, Rebecca is frail, Rath comes late with meh stats. You might want to consider Bartre or Dorcas too.

4. Do as you wish, but Hector's story is a bit more difficult.

Edited by Captain Falcon

I just want to tell you that Rebecca is your best option as an archer, followed by Will and Rath (if you trained them in Lyn's mode).

Rebecca (in my past experiences) reaches excellent speed, good strength and is amazing dodging, she has low defesne because she doesn't need it, seriously. (at least foir me, but seems that your game and miine have at least something in common, eliwood sucks <_< )

Hold on, my Lyn isn't carrying a bonus item. Why? I think I did good...

What was she carrying when her story ended? I don't think that most of your items carry over when you go into Eliwood's story.

Or what is this about? This isn't specific enough.

to get Jerme version, DONT PROMOTE YOUR MAGIC USERS...i believe thats how its done...i forget the specifics but if you have magic users over a certain level, you end up with the Kenneth version...i like the Jerme version better cause...its easier for me

to get Jerme version, DONT PROMOTE YOUR MAGIC USERS...i believe thats how its done...i forget the specifics but if you have magic users over a certain level, you end up with the Kenneth version...i like the Jerme version better cause...its easier for me

Mmm something like that, I think it is if the sum of your melee units' levels is greater than the sum of your magic users' levels then you'll get Jerme version. But I think he is pretty sure that he'll get the Jerme map, but he wants Karel in that map so to get him he must open 4 doors in less than 10 turns.

Or you can read Fireman's post below and have a beter explanation :rolleyes:

Edited by Edorian

Actually, this isn't entirely accurate.

In order to get to the Jerme chapter, the total Level of Erk, Serra, Priscilla and Lucius has to be less than the total Level of Guy, Dorcas, Bartre and Raven.

This is a great site we have, don't we?

Edited by Fireman