Chat Link

Rei

Wasn't chat taken down? I mean whoever said that might have been mistaken but it's what I read and the only thing that really makes sense.

No, it wasn't taken down. It was a false threat that someone sent to Jyosua, so he removed the topic that had the site java applet for chat.

Edited by Rei

Namie Amuro, whether you know a link to the chat exists or not has no beneficial effect on this thread.

However, if you're interested, it was linked in a pretty obvious pinned topic in the Chat forum.

Otherwise, I can't help in this matter since I don't know what's happened.

Edited by VincentASM

In case people need help, the IRC info is

Server: irc.darkmyst.org

port: 6667

Channel: #serenes_forest

You can get on the chat without a java applet by using other programs like mIRC.

Wasn't chat taken down? I mean whoever said that might have been mistaken but it's what I read and the only thing that really makes sense.

A very long story that if I repeat in here, I could get in trouble. Just PM me or any other members who was on the chat often.

Like Rei stated, somebody sent false pussy threats against Serenes Forest. However, that's just the tip of the iceberg.

A very long story that if I repeat in here, I could get in trouble. Just PM me or any other members who was on the chat often.

Like Rei stated, somebody sent false pussy threats against Serenes Forest. However, that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Oh what a fun Christmas surprise that was

This is not spam

No seriously my computer won't allow me to sign on msn or mIRC so without the applet I can't get on

From what I hear it is longer the official chat as people were using it to talk behind others backs. A tad petty, and in my opinion if you have something to say to someone say it to them, and not gossip like a coward.

It's ironic though, Jyo mentioned one complaint about me being a "dick" yet the person doesn't even try to PM me. I think it's because Jyo wants operator which is why he decided this one to be unofficial and made the "official" one on another server with like 5 people in it.

Edited by Rei

This may be of some help.

Otosareta Tenshi (9:05:12 PM): The problem is NTG apparently had ownership of the IRC chat, and turned it over to common members at some point

Otosareta Tenshi (9:05:32 PM): That's a problem, because I don't want to be liable for some other bonehead's chat.

Otosareta Tenshi (9:05:52 PM): Therefore, I can't have that chat labeled as the official one.

This may be of some help.

Otosareta Tenshi (9:05:12 PM): The problem is NTG apparently had ownership of the IRC chat, and turned it over to common members at some point

Otosareta Tenshi (9:05:32 PM): That's a problem, because I don't want to be liable for some other bonehead's chat.

Otosareta Tenshi (9:05:52 PM): Therefore, I can't have that chat labeled as the official one.

So basically he's too big of an asshole to trust members on his own forum.

Best admin ever.

Er, the new official SF chat has moved to the Serenia network, still under #Serenes_Forest. An official announcement would be helpful, though.

That actually sounds like something any good admin would do to me. You can't trust everyone.

Right.

But all the ops are people who've been members for a long time and none of them have a record for misbehaving IIRC.

Jyosua, you really shouldn't have deleted the topic -_-;... Anyway, can we get a new sticky up in the chat forum for the site chat?

No. Besides, I didn't delete it - it's still there, you simply can't see it.

So basically he's too big of an asshole to trust members on his own forum.

Best admin ever.

Here you go, have a warn for flaming the root admin, needlessly.

Oh wait a sec!

[16:16:58] <Zl_Sgii_Nofdl> Tell Jyo that he should die. :/ He's the one who's too big of a baby to trust his members

Let's make that a suspension!

Right.

But all the ops are people who've been members for a long time and none of them have a record for misbehaving IIRC.

Of course! You would know because you obviously have a better idea of what goes on than the staff right?

</sarcasm>

Stop being so full of yourself, and deflate your ego a bit.

As for the rest of this thread, the old chat is not longer the official chat. The Java Applet no longer exists, and if you still want to use IRC, go get an IRC client and go here: irc://irc.serenia.net:6667/Serenes_Forest