why must eliwood fail?!?!?

riariadne

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eliwood pretty much sucks until heaven seal time..get him to level 20 anyway because you DONT want that one chapter where you end up with Wallace (especially in Hector mode..O_o)

Just tough it out..hes pretty fragile in the beginning though so take due care..

i know, but its his fault because he didnt have higher skill. maybe i can given him secret book... oh yeah i did... ok maybe its not his fault.

It's not like Eliwood needs the secret book. He has pretty decent skill and Eliwood missing is not something that happens often.

Edited by Fireman

It's considerably evil in FE4, and in fact it's even more evil than in FE7. Yeah, the RNG is a bitch to deal with...

What makes you say that? FE4-5's RNG appears more evil since it uses 1 RN for hit rates instead of 2, meaning low hit rates don't get skewed even lower and vice versa. So really, what seems like getting RNG screwed is likely just a distorted perception of what you think a ~25-33% chance should be based on PE from later FEs.

As for FE7, I can only imagine you're referring to the generally low growth rates of the characters. Though, the farther your growths are from 50%, the less chance of deviancy from the expected average.

Edited by Vykan12

How so?

Mostly having pretty nice stats all around, and owning almost everything.

EDIT: oh, and having a 100 hit on everything.

sorry that i double posted.

Edited by Sniper Unleashed

Yeah, doesn't the Durandal nearly destroy his speed with that monstrous weight? Some ultimate weapon that is, but at least it has great stats otherwise. And its a class buster against dragons.

Yeah, doesn't the Durandal nearly destroy his speed with that monstrous weight? Some ultimate weapon that is, but at least it has great stats otherwise. And its a class buster against dragons.

Yeah, it's just too damn heavy. That's usually why I never confront Nergal with Eliwood when the Endgame comes around.

Eliwood's stats and growths make him seem balanced, but he's actually a major tank due to his ability to gain 3 Def/15 Avo from A Hector alone, and then 10 more Avo with B Lowen. FE7 enemies are extremely slow and Eliwood's Str is nothing to complain about, so he actually one-rounds quite easily. He's just an amazing unit that lots of people complain about due to personal experience for some reason.

He'll probably start to suck again once he can use Durandal, though...

How can you become worse by gaining an additional weapon? For one chapter, too. It's just useful to dish a whole lot of damage in one hit if you can only get one in anyway. Just give him a Javelin and a Killing Edge in the final as reserves, it's all he needs.

It being heavy doesn't matter against Nergal. Nergal himself is a snail, and his weapon is as accurate as a homing missile and 2HKOs him either way.