• Harken
    • I don't care.
    • Depends who I need.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harken lv 20/15 (A Isadora, B Lowen)

Isadora is in play now? Harken will never even get above B/C from my experience unless you want to cut down on their movement for the rest of the game or something (not a good idea given the long distances you have to travel in the next few maps).

Harken is useful, but not as a support partner. But I agree he's like Pent but without staves or magic.

Isadora is in play now? Harken will never even get above B/C from my experience unless you want to cut down on their movement for the rest of the game or something (not a good idea given the long distances you have to travel in the next few maps).

Fire is an attractive affinity and he also has Eliwood and Lowen as options. IIRC Lowen doesn't have any good supports besides Marcus, which is temporary.

Harken's problem is not that his affinity is bad or that people have other options, it's that he comes too late and at a point mounted people (i.e. pretty much his whole viable support list) can just rush ahead and kill stuff, instead of wasting turns next to him.

I would also argue Lowen gets more out of a Marcus support when Marcus is around than he gets out of a Harken support for like 3 chapters if that, but Lowen isn't getting full either way unless Rebecca shows up.

Edited by Mekkah

Fire is an attractive affinity and he also has Eliwood and Lowen as options. IIRC Lowen doesn't have any good supports besides Marcus, which is temporary.

Lowen also has Eliwood. It's a fast support and FireXAnima gives full Attack bonuses, which benifits Lowen greatly. It doesn't hurt Eliwood, either, who's got meh-ish strength early in the game.

I will most definitely be going to Kenneth's map for my next playthrough. All I will need to do to recruit Harken is not kill two or more promoted enemies by turn 10?

I've gotten Karel in 13 of my Runs, 10 being Hard Mode. I've only gotten Harken once, 1 being Hard Mode. As you can see, I lean towards Karel. He's pretty fair in this game, not broken liek FE6, but enough to keep him going. Harken always got RNG screwed in my runs, and all he has going for him are his supports and Brave Sword, which I give to Raven. Personally, I hate it when people say Harken>Raven. Really, it just doesn't make sense... at all....

I think your answer should lies somewhere within Vincent's site which is here

I've already read it, I'm just asking here for confirmation, possibly from someone who has recruited Harken on the Kenneth map.

I've gotten Karel in 13 of my Runs, 10 being Hard Mode. I've only gotten Harken once, 1 being Hard Mode. As you can see, I lean towards Karel. He's pretty fair in this game, not broken liek FE6, but enough to keep him going. Harken always got RNG screwed in my runs, and all he has going for him are his supports and Brave Sword, which I give to Raven. Personally, I hate it when people say Harken>Raven. Really, it just doesn't make sense... at all....

Karel's not broken in FE6, nor is he "fair" in this game. His base stats leave a lot to be desired, he has no supports, and he's stuck to swords. FE6 Karel is useful for... 1 chapter? At most?

Harken, on the other hand, has very good base stats (42 HP and 23 Strength? TH1S 1$ DELYSCIOUZ), actual supports considering his awesome affinity, and good support list (Lowen [FirexFire] or Isadora [FirexDark] being his main supports), high Con, and Axes.

Guy because he is cooler than all of them

Guy isn't even in this topic. <_<

Karel's not broken in FE6, nor is he "fair" in this game. His base stats leave a lot to be desired, he has no supports, and he's stuck to swords. FE6 Karel is useful for... 1 chapter? At most?

Well FE6 Karel is certainly much better than this Karel by average wise. If only he didn't lack of supports.