My Lyn sux

Deity

My Lyn sux ass this time around. I am in chapter 22, and she has not gotten any luck improving in the resistance category. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, for resistance is my favorite category . She is in level 13 btw.

Advice? XD

Bah, you kids have it easy these days. Back when I was your age, my characters didn't have no fancy pants resistance growth, period! The best we could hope for is a 5% growth and maybe a +5 during class change. You young whipper snappers.

Oh and here's my advise. Don't get hit by magic. There you go.

Edited by Super Mecha Death Christ

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah, you kids have it easy these days. Back when I was your age, my characters didn't have no fancy pants resistance growth, period! The best we could hope for is a 5% growth and maybe a +5 during class change. You young whipper snappers.

Oh and here's my advise. Don't get hit by magic. There you go.

Lol, good advice.

She's at level 17, and with 1 in resistance. That truly sux!!!

The fact that her Resistance growth is really shouldn't make that a surprise. On average her Resistance beats her defense after promotion, and catches up at like Level 16ish.

I usually give her dragon shield and Angelic Robe.

I don't know but my Lyn turns out awesome. Don't worry about resistence, when she promotes into a Blade Lord she her resistence against magic increases...well for me it does.

Edited by Luxord

For me, Lyn ends up overall nice. While her defense and resistance is not that good, her speed can help. Usually I give her an Angelic Robe to make up for that defense.

Currently, my level 20 Lyn has 8 defense (which is not bad), Hector has 16, and amusingly Eliwood has 18 (with no items or save states whatsoever).

Don't worry about resistence, when she promotes into a Blade Lord she her resistence against magic increases...well for me it does.

It isn't just you. Lyn gets an extra 5 resistance when she promotes. That's a pretty heft increase.

It isn't just you. Lyn gets an extra 5 resistance when she promotes. That's a pretty heft increase.

Yep, she did get that 5 pts. And after I suffered all that anguish for nothing. Geez. Next time I play, I wont be too concerned with resistance for that girl. ^^

The only magic melee unit fighters are...

-Paladin

-Pegasus/Falco Knight

You should only use them to fight Magic users. The only thing good that Lyn has going for her is avoid and skill.

The only magic melee unit fighters are...

-Paladin

-Pegasus/Falco Knight

You should only use them to fight Magic users. The only thing good that Lyn has going for her is avoid and skill.

No kidding, she avoided all of Sonia's bolting attacks.

The playable Paladins aren't any better at Res than your average other melee unit. But nonetheless, you can still use about anyone to take on generic magic weilders later, since FE7 enemies downright suck. And early on, only Oswin, Dorcas, Erk and Marcus can really take them on.

They can if they have good speed and luck as well as supports.

That's the point. Neither of them are likely to have good speed or luck. Oswin can get some avoid from his supports, though.

It's possible, with luck.

I started a new game, Hector's mode, and my Lyn already got blessed with two consecutive level ups in resistance. She is at level 15 with 4 in resistance, since she got lucky in her mode and got 2 level ups in that area. ^^ I is very happy atm.

Was it luck that she got that high? Or is it because in Hector's mode everything is different? I go for the former.

I started a new game, Hector's mode, and my Lyn already got blessed with two consecutive level ups in resistance. She is at level 15 with 4 in resistance, since she got lucky in her mode and got 2 level ups in that area. ^^ I is very happy atm.

Was it luck that she got that high? Or is it because in Hector's mode everything is different? I go for the former.

She's got a 30% growth rate so not total luck but still some luck.