Ocarina

Destiny Hero

Does anyone else here play the Ocarina? I've been practicing, but I have to do it quietly so I cover the hole where the air comes out instead of the thumbhole and it works the same but quieter. So far I can do:

Bolero of Fire (8 notes lol memorized it)

Happy Birthday Song (Yeah, laugh it up)

Song of Time

Kokiri Forest

I've got to say, the Ocarina is fabulous.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else here play the Ocarina? I've been practicing, but I have to do it quietly so I cover the hole where the air comes out instead of the thumbhole and it works the same but quieter. So far I can do:

Song of Time

Kokiri Forest

Not really, but I do play other instruments. ^^

Woot, over a thousand.

No, my friend has one though, I don't think it is playable though, he bought it from A weird kid at our school for $10.

And that weird kid probably pit his aids all over it O.o

Don't accept things you blow on from strangers.

Song of Time

Kokiri Forest

Ahh the Ocarina. I used to own one, but that was when I was younger and had a certain affinity with green. But then, a kid at my school named Skull stole it and my Girl friend named fairy and I went around fighting his gang with baseball bats. We got back the Ocarina, but we had to stop the Kid Skull for good. In the end, the ocarina was confiscated by the principle, I never found out what happend. The moon was hella large later that night.

LOLZ MAJORAZ MASK BITCHES.

Edited by Erk23

I used to have one, and I'm not sure where it went. The fact that I'm a string player shows when I tried to play it, though; even with fingerings in front of me, I still struggled with playing tunes. Silly ocarinas for making violists learn completely disorienting fingerings with the hand they never use to finger anything. :P (Said hand is otherwise known as the right hand, which is always holding the bow.)

Ahh the Ocarina. I used to own one, but that was when I was younger and had a certain affinity with green. But then, a kid at my school named Skull stole it and my Girl friend named fairy and I went around fighting his gang with baseball bats. We got back the Ocarina, but we had to stop the Kid Skull for good. In the end, the ocarina was confiscated by the principle, I never found out what happend. The moon was hella large later that night.

MM is a freakin' acid trip.

Oh and go play a real instrument like the violin or piano.

What does a real ocarina look and sounds like? Is there even a such thing as a real ocarina?

I'm sorry to hear that. You should find it in 3 days or so.

I used to have one, and I'm not sure where it went. The fact that I'm a string player shows when I tried to play it, though; even with fingerings in front of me, I still struggled with playing tunes. Silly ocarinas for making violists learn completely disorienting fingerings with the hand they never use to finger anything. :P (Said hand is otherwise known as the right hand, which is always holding the bow.)

Eew violin. The only thing I hate more than that is a trumpet.

MM is a freakin' acid trip.

Oh and go play a real instrument like the violin or piano.

What does a real ocarina look and sounds like? Is there even a such thing as a real ocarina?

First: Ocarinas have existed for 1000's of years. They just became popular when they were put in a Zelda game (olololol). The one in the game looks like a real one, except without the bad graphics. There are also pendant ocarinas, too.

And that weird kid probably pit his aids all over it O.o

Don't accept things you blow on from strangers.

AIDs, not "aids", cannot be transmitted through spit. >_> Unless the guy he got it from bled all over it and then his friend stuck the Ocarina into his bloodstream, or he had sex with the guy he bought it from, he wouldn't get AIDs from him.

On-Topic: My friend has one.

First: Ocarinas have existed for 1000's of years. They just became popular when they were put in a Zelda game (olololol). The one in the game looks like a real one, except without the bad graphics. There are also pendant ocarinas, too.

Someone needs to start a quote thread of Destiny Hero. He is so fawnny.

No. I never liked Zelda enough to be conned into getting an instrument from one game in the series. If I wanted to play an instrument, I'd go for something like the piano or a string instrument (string quartets for the win).

Violin =/= Viola. They're very different instruments. WHY THE HELL DOES NOBODY SEEM TO KNOW THIS??????

But for once, I actually kind of agree with you, if only because the violin is so damn overrated in terms of what it has for solo repertory.

This, and the fact that George Crumb actually wrote something for a bunch of ocarinas, so it can be used for more serious endeavors as well. (I forget the name of the piece, though. If my memory decides to cooperate with me today, then I'll tell you guys.)

Violin =/= Viola. They're very different instruments. WHY THE HELL DOES NOBODY SEEM TO KNOW THIS??????

But for once, I actually kind of agree with you, if only because the violin is so damn overrated in terms of what it has for solo repertory.

This, and the fact that George Crumb actually wrote something for a bunch of ocarinas, so it can be used for more serious endeavors as well. (I forget the name of the piece, though. If my memory decides to cooperate with me today, then I'll tell you guys.)

Oh please do, Id love to hear something more complex than Nocturne of Shadow played on an ocarina. Also do you know any good violin solos you would reccomend? you seem to have good taste, I really liked the one you welcomed me with in my introduction thread.

Oh please do, Id love to hear something more complex than Nocturne of Shadow played on an ocarina. Also do you know any good violin solos you would reccomend? you seem to have good taste, I really liked the one you welcomed me with in my introduction thread.

Shit. Thinking about it now, I actually don't think that's the case. I'm probably confusing the ocarina with the toy piano (in the respect that there's a toy piano part in Ancient Voices of Children.) That, or I'm thinking of something by some other contemporary composer. Damn my crap memory right now... :(

Let's keep at least one thread in this forum on topic (this one).

It's related to the topic on hand. You're just not fast enough.

That's what she said.

hahahahahaha <_<

really? are you the kid that said:

You really shouldn't ever judge someone by their age. I've run into people who do that all my life and I've proved every one of them wrong.

right.

Also searching for some other music played on ocarina I found this:

Link

That (and a lot more songs played by her) really got me interested again in buying an ocarina, also their variety is really good (oh that sounded like a commercial... a bad one) but they are so expensive :(

I'm gonna find out where you live and I'm gonna shove my violin bow through your penis and slice your nuts open with my "E" string.

Because people are uncultured idiots Herr. People are uncultured idiots. Violas are MUCH darker and deep toned then violins. ANd I'm not going to say the other obvious difference. Besides, people don't compose solos for violas because the viola can't get that high. (Is murdered by a violist)

Cellos are more beautiful than violins and violas in my opinion. Also, I never knew somebody wrote for ocarinas.

Because people are uncultured idiots Herr. People are uncultured idiots. Violas are MUCH darker and deep toned then violins. ANd I'm not going to say the other obvious difference. Besides, people don't compose solos for violas because the viola can't get that high. (Is murdered by a violist)

Cellos are more beautiful than violins and violas in my opinion. Also, I never knew somebody wrote for ocarinas.

Actually, you'd be surprised how high violas can go.

And I actually prefer violas over cellos, if only because violas have a much more underused sound...

Yeah, you would do that, you pervert.

That was a threat of extreme violence that would cause unbearable pain, not a threat with sexual overtures...

And I actually prefer violas over cellos, if only because violas have a much more underused sound...

That was a threat of extreme violence that would cause unbearable pain, not a threat with sexual overtures...

It was just one of your crazy erotic fantasies.

On an on-topic note, I brought my dog up to my room and she started digging on my bed. Then I played the Song of Time of my Ocarina and she suddenly stopped and stared at me. It was freaky @_@

It was just one of your crazy erotic fantasies.

I hardly see anything erotic about nutsacks being sliced open, especially since that would result in a crapton of blood and you being castrated for all eternity. Also, the fact that it would be with a violin E-string disgusts me as well.

On an on-topic note, I brought my dog up to my room and she started digging on my bed. Then I played the Song of Time of my Ocarina and she suddenly stopped and stared at me. It was freaky @_@

Whoa. And here I am thinking that hospital/funeral/burial playing was the strongest way music could affect a person... :blink:

Whoa. And here I am thinking that hospital/funeral/burial playing was the strongest way music could affect a person... :blink:

If you play an ocarina around animals (like dogs, cats and birds; the animals that can think), they start to act strangely. It's really cool.