Ocarina

Destiny Hero

Whoa songbird completely renmodeled their website to appeal to zelda fans... anyway I prefer stlocarina.com they have a wider variety and prices really aren't that different, but still I can't afford a 40 buck ocarina. But someday, when Im rich and powerful Ill buy not just one ... but TWO ocarinas ! yeah you heard me right , two.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I laughed.

Chin rest is in the middle? Since when does THAT happen?

It's Jay Leno's chin rest and seeing how Americans are getting fatter . . .

And hey, that's not the worst I've seen; I actually play without a shoulder rest.

I'm ghetto, if I don't have a shoulder rest on me, I just get like a wash cloth and put it on my shoulder.

T_T

THE VIOLIN SUCKS.

I wish I was a hacker so I can fuckin' hack your computer for that remark.

You started it, anyway. If you hadn't insulted the violin, none of this would've happened.

Yeah. How dare you put down an respected instrument?

Well, on topic:

HOw long does it take to master the Ocarina and how much lung power do a guy need?

Well, on topic:

HOw long does it take to master the Ocarina and how much lung power do a guy need?

There you go.

I got the Ocarina on Christmas and I've played it quite a bit (although quietly). I've got the Song of Time memorized. It doesn't take long to get used to the Ocarina, and you don't need much "lung power".

Let's keep at least one thread in this forum on topic (this one).

Stop trying to minimod. It fails when you try it.

... Besides, this is Far from the Forest. We can go off topic anyways.

Fail topic is fail.

Stop trying to minimod. It fails when you try it.

... Besides, this is Far from the Forest. We can go off topic anyways.

Fail topic is fail.

This isn't Far from the Forest, it's General. And you aren't the one who should be telling people to stop mini-modding because it means you yourself are now mini-modding.

This isn't Far from the Forest, it's General. And you aren't the one who should be telling people to stop mini-modding because it means you yourself are now mini-modding.

Which means in turn you're mini mo- oh, um, hold on a second...

To play the ocarina is pretty simple, since there's about 8 notes and you just play cheap 'n' cheesy tunes with it. It's fun to play when you're bored in your room but if you want to learn something I suggest you play something more worthwhile.

Admittedly, to play it well is a different story, but if you're just going to play Zelda tunes then... screw you...

You started it, anyway. If you hadn't insulted the violin, none of this would've happened.

This.

Also, I just remembered that the ocarina that I used to have was very differently shaped from the Zelda ocarina. I think it was shaped kind of like a round disc or something. Honestly, I don't remember, but that's the only detail I really remember about my old ocarina that I used to have.

I laughed.

I suppose that's not a thing to be proud?

I think I had a pendant Ocarina, was really small, and was like that one described by Wozzeck. I think I lost it, but I wasn't too fond of the object.

please don't lock this thread please?

Admittedly, to play it well is a different story, but if you're just going to play Zelda tunes then... screw you...

All I play on mine is Zelda tunes.

This.

Also, I just remembered that the ocarina that I used to have was very differently shaped from the Zelda ocarina. I think it was shaped kind of like a round disc or something. Honestly, I don't remember, but that's the only detail I really remember about my old ocarina that I used to have.

The Zelda Ocarina is a sweet potato one. The ocarina you're talking about is a Pendant Ocarina, which I think are pretty ugly and stupid.

The Zelda Ocarina is a sweet potato one. The ocarina you're talking about is a Pendant Ocarina, which I think are pretty ugly and stupid.

For once, I actually agree with you there. I mean, with the pendant ocarina, I wasn't sure where the hell my fingers are supposed to sit over which holes. That led to quite a bit of confusion...

This.

There are a lot of types, I suugest this from 4 holes to 12 holes and then there are the doubles and triples which have a range of two and three octaves respectively. If you wanna see all the variety you can check this site stlocarina awesomeness

Also I think if you are really serious and get good quality ocarina, it will take more time than you think to master it (like any other wind instrument) I see the ocarina as a very cool flute.

Here are some ocarinas:

tripleocarina.gifOcarina.gif

Zeldaocarina.gifspearhead.gif

There are a lot of types, I suugest this from 4 holes to 12 holes and then there are the doubles and triples which have a range of two and three octaves respectively. If you wanna see all the variety you can check this site stlocarina awesomeness

Also I think if you are really serious and get good quality ocarina, it will take more time than you think to master it (like any other wind instrument) I see the ocarina as a very cool flute.

Here are some ocarinas:

tripleocarina.gifOcarina.gif

Zeldaocarina.gifspearhead.gif

Those are the four ugliest musical devices I have ever seen in my life.

Those are the four ugliest musical devices I have ever seen in my life.

Really? I find them rather cool (well I've seen better Zelda ocarinas) but they look great for me. Though my favorite are these

Fmajorocarina.gif

infinityocarina.gif

If I could afford one I wouldn't know what to choose (though it would be a Tenor one)

Back to the topic, I've always wondered how an ocarina can sound a lot like a recorder yet be so much less annoying...

Probably because recorders can be used to play clarinet excerpts with one's nose. Trust me, I've seen people do it before.

Really? I find them rather cool (well I've seen better Zelda ocarinas) but they look great for me. Though my favorite are these

Fmajorocarina.gif

infinityocarina.gif

If I could afford one I wouldn't know what to choose (though it would be a Tenor one)

1st: Too fat.

2nd: That's a shuriken.

I thought you got one of these said 'ugliest musical devices' for Christmas?

No, I got a Sweet Potato Ocarina. Not only is it pretty (opposite of ugly!), but it's also purple and has a Triforce on it.

Win! ^__^

Back to the topic, I've always wondered how an ocarina can sound a lot like a recorder yet be so much less annoying...

Magic :o

Fmajorocarina.gif

infinityocarina.gif

I like the second one.

As for Ocarine, yeah I did have one but that was a long time ago.

I like the second one.

As for Ocarine, yeah I did have one but that was a long time ago.

Haven't seen you in a while. Guess I've gotta put the bomb shelter back up.

*hides from angry forum member*

Edited by Destiny Hero

I think the sweet potato ocarinas are fatter

zelda_sweetpot.jpg

Zeldaocarina.gif

At least I think those are sweet potato ocarinas (if you could provide a photo of your ocarina to see it that'd be great)

But oh well everybody likes different stuff and I think that every ocarina I've posted is cool. I really want to learn how to play an instrument, and the ocarina is perfect, it is portable and sort of easy to learn (at least easier than others).

I think the sweet potato ocarinas are fatter

zelda_sweetpot.jpg

Zeldaocarina.gif

At least I think those are sweet potato ocarinas (if you could provide a photo of your ocarina to see it that'd be great)

But oh well everybody likes different stuff and I think that every ocarina I've posted is cool. I really want to learn how to play an instrument, and the ocarina is perfect, it is portable and sort of easy to learn (at least easier than others).

The first one is OBESE and the second one is just plain fugly.

Haven't seen you in a while. Guess I've gotta put the bomb shelter back up.

*hides from angry forum member*

And you're the guy who starts new topics when they go off topic? Pah.

Post your ocarina, then.

This. We need a point of reference.