Harken or Karel?

Admiral "Bull" Halsey

Ok on Chapter 25 Eliwood's Mode and/or Chapter 27 Hector's Mode you have a choice to obtain either one of the 2 units Harken and Karel on the same map when playing either Jerme's Map or Kenneth's. And thus its obvious that you can't recruit both of them so who would you want obtain as your dilemma and why?

I like swordmasters better...though I admit the wo dao is not extremely useful especially in comparison to a brave sword

though in return I argue that no one in FE7 could wield brave swords or steel swords without a loss to AS (I think, could be wrong) which is what made Gerik really useful in FE8 (had enough con to wield anything)

of course it's "harder" to get Karel, which is why I get him...his supports are more useful for me (considering I use Guy, Geitz, and Dart mainly, no one from Phrae)

I prefer Harken by leaps and bounds. I think Harken is a pretty cool character, and he supports with many of my favorite characters. Harken also has the ability to use axes, which are better than swords if you ask me.

On the other hand, we have Karel. Not only do I hate him as a character, I also dislike swordmasters. And he supports with some of my least favorite characters as well. If I wanted to use a swordmaster, I'd just use Guy (although I don't particularly like him, either).

Despite the fact Harken proves useful for a pre-promote and that he does get a HM bonus, in addition of his solid 11 Con lead over Raven's 9 Con. I still go for Karel anyways because hes way cooler character than Harken. No offence but Harken...he's kinda a cheezy character...<_

When I mean characters I actually meant looks, Harken character looks makes him more like one of those rich fancy pretty boys which I don't like and can't stand, while Karel is just damn sick cause of his style. Karel's artwork looks so cool; makes him more like a better fighter than Harken IMHO. The way he dress hes like a badass and almost more of a killer type. And I mostly perfer the silent type thats why. <_

Although I do generally prefer Harken, I must admit that Karel was an insanely interesting character. Bad joke, I know.

LMFAO

I like Karel, because whenever I got to that chapter, it was always Karel that appeared. I had a hard time getting Harken. e__e;;;

I'd say that Karel is a slight upgrade from Guy, but that's where his usefulness ends. Harken and Raven are different in their own respects, making both viable team members.

Harken character looks makes him more like one of those rich fancy pretty boys which I don't like and can't stand
That's your personal opinion, so I can't really argue with you.

Edit: That would make Karel a hypocrite

Actually, Harken isn't that good offensive when comparing to Raven, but rather more defensive stats lead over Raven's. Harken is better at using almost any axe in the game than Raven despite his Con) Harken can still be useful to oppose Raven in terms of general. (Offensive VS Defensive)

Karel compares offensively to Guy mainly speed and CON. Karel could possibly beat Guy in terms of Strength but Guy's speed average out much higher than that of Karel's making Guy able to double attack Karel if they were to fight each other. Not worth comparing Karel and Guy that much but what's inferior to Guy is that he can't even wield any sword without a penalty other than mainly Wo Dao and Iron Sword especially he can't wield a Steel Sword whereas Karel could even wield a Regal Blade without any excuses whatsoever.

I have never managed to get Harken yet. The first time was cos I'd just got the game and was trying to get everyone and didn't realise Harken was an enemy... with a brave sword... and came in just at that point... just ready to nicely kill Hector. Every other time I've been in permission but forgot to leave one of those prepromotes alive... they're just so easy to kill... But Karel is awesome anyway and so much easier to recruit! Though at some point i do want Harken. Maybe this playthrough...

I have never managed to get Harken yet. The first time was cos I'd just got the game and was trying to get everyone and didn't realise Harken was an enemy... with a brave sword... and came in just at that point... just ready to nicely kill Hector. Every other time I've been in permission but forgot to leave one of those prepromotes alive... they're just so easy to kill... But Karel is awesome anyway and so much easier to recruit! Though at some point i do want Harken. Maybe this playthrough...

Now what you said just now is so not true. Both Harken and Karel are easier to recruit depending what map your playing. For instance, Harken is easier to recruit when confronting Jerme on his map. Karel is easier to recruit when confronting Kenneth on his map. And if your playing either one of these map both of them are the exact opposite.