Why do a lot of people use Ike?

Ike is great for battles with 3 or 4 people. His attacks are extremely powerful and not too slow either. It's plenty easy to steal kills when enemies only have around 50-65% damage.

screw ike!

Roy's our boy!

Lol! Hear, hear!!

I used Roy. Now I use Ike cause he's strong like Roy, and Marth cause he's skilled like Roy. I would still play as Roy if he was in Brawl.

i go to the side of a stage and use smash moves when people approach me, getting easy kills......

quite a cheap way to win, though. peoples get angry at me

I decided I was gonna main Ike way back when he was first announced. I usually don't like Heavy characters because they're so slow, but Ike is actually quite fast. (though the half second lag on most of his smash attacks balance it)

Ike really is a good character. The second I saw him on Smash Dojo I was gonna main with him no matter what and he turned out well

Because Aether is cool lol

I like Ike, and he is the Sucessor of my last main Roy, and I love to defeat Marth's Fanboys. ( To be clear, FanBoys, Not professional players since I play once a Week)

Edited by Gemini-Saga

Ike is great for battles with 3 or 4 people. His attacks are extremely powerful and not too slow either. It's plenty easy to steal kills when enemies only have around 50-65% damage.

What she said. Although I still think Ike isn't that high on the tier, he is fun to play as and is my favorite FE character. Heck, my avatar is Ike.

I don't use Ike actually, he's not in my top five, he's my seventh character, the only reason is because he's to slow for my playstyle, I use character's with moderate speed and power, or Yoshi because anything that can make eggs out of you is worth my time. Ike's moves are one of the most lagable set's in the game.

But the only reason i'd use him is for Great Aether. Whenever I hit someone with it I say, GRREEEAAAT A******KICKING

Well, Ike's a pretty powerful dude in Brawl.

But it would be better to put Ike Vanguard clothing, dont you think? (it would be stylish massive OWNAGE)

It would have been nice to get Ike's class changes as alternate costumes. Sakurai really could have done a lot more with those.

Ike is [going to be] awesome... Although I was so disheatened to hear Roy, my main, was thrown out. Oh well, at least there's still Pikachu (He was my main before I gave Roy a try, but I'm good with both Pikachu and Roy).

Ike is [going to be] awesome... Although I was so disheatened to hear Roy, my main, was thrown out. Oh well, at least there's still Pikachu (He was my main before I gave Roy a try, but I'm good with both Pikachu and Roy).

Pickachu was my main in SSBM too. But I switched to Luigi in SSBB. Doesn't mean I can't kick ass with Ike.

I actually don't like Wolf, his Side B is something I could never get a hold of...

AS for Ike, I like using Marth more, since I can Just jump in front of Ike and Down B them when they use a strong attack.

He's powerful, it's just that everyone is him, they seem to think he's the new top tier thing, which I find annoying.

He's not a bad character, just he's pretty easy to kill if you know how to go about him, like using Link to weaken him from afar, and then deliver a strong double Side Smash (his attack goes twice on side smashes, making it very handy)

Isn't it Toon Link that double side smashes?

But I do get your point... I decided to main with Ike the very second I saw him on smash dojo...

actually, when I heard about Brawl, if Ike was in it, I was gonna main with him, so I made my decision WAY before everyone else did about maining with Ike

Isn't it Toon Link that double side smashes?

But I do get your point... I decided to main with Ike the very second I saw him on smash dojo...

actually, when I heard about Brawl, if Ike was in it, I was gonna main with him, so I made my decision WAY before everyone else did about maining with Ike

Both Toon Link and Link have that smash

Also anyone can with have a knowledge of Brawl can use Ike effectively

My friend went to a tournament where 200 people were Ike users, he got to the finals with his main (Peach) and lost to an Ike that if used someone else that he could have been better with, the Ike would have lost

• 3 weeks later...
Ike is a good character. I like him. Hes perfect in FFAs as long as it isnt a "OMFG ITS IKE GANG UP ON HIM!" FFA

Lol, I do that too. I always get rid of Ikes first.