Dorothy does what Sonican't!

A friend of mine runs this site. He's a nice guy, and even previews games on request. Actually, he just tells me what he thinks over e-mail. I even wrote a Rune Factory 2 preview for him when the game just came out in Japan. Today, we have a very cool RPG that'll make Sonic fans jealous in the most ironic way.

http://handheldwii.wordpress.com/2008/12/30/6937001/

I've been looking forward to playing the game for a little while now, but the fact that Famitsu gave the title a looming "low" has been hanging over my opinion of it for a while :/ I'd like to see how this title actually develops, as its whole face of the thing reminds me of the numerous, yet some gold in the pickings, JRPGs on the Famicom. You know the ones, like Heracles, which is a series that actually has yet to die. They just have something in their generic bases that gives them something unique.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, if you have any questions about the game, you can post in the comments section and he'll reply to you.

Hey Starwolf, you go to Gonintendo right? Sometimes RMC doesn't post my shit for whatever weird reason. How about submitting this to them? I think more people need to know about this game.

I've been looking forward to playing the game for a little while now, but the fact that Famitsu gave the title a looming "low" has been hanging over my opinion of it for a while :/

Famitsu gave it a low score? What'd they give it?

Edited by Super Mecha Death Christ

Hey Starwolf, you go to Gonintendo right? Sometimes RMC doesn't post my shit for whatever weird reason. How about submitting this to them? I think more people need to know about this game.

Famitsu gave it a low score? What'd they give it?

I'll give it a try. It seems weird he hasn't posted it, it isn't like there is any news at this time of year (or day :( )

RIZ-ZOAWD DS 7/8/7/6 for a total of 28...its not like its 25 or less (that is the real danger zone with anything as the shitiest of games can scrap their way into the 20s...). RPG-wise I have a feeling PS0 is getting more interest on the DS side (the famitsu score was 8/9/8/8 for a total of 33).

In the off chance Riz-Zowad is released outside of Japan (I know Xseed are interested but we'll see...) I can bet there is one aspect about it that won't be faster than Sonic...the speed at which it falls in price seriously, I'm unable to find Sonic Chronicles for anything more than half price and it came out about 3 months ago..thing is all Sonic games end up doing this except Mario & Sonic at the Olympic games...

Edited by Starwolf_UK

Looks interesting. Do you get to see the wizard? :D

Actually, yes. Getting to Oz is just the tutorial.

I'll give it a try. It seems weird he hasn't posted it, it isn't like there is any news at this time of year (or day sad.gif )

Thanks! I didn't even think you'd do it. Oh well, no worries, I just serve as handheld wii's advertising guy so I thought I'd spread the word.

RIZ-ZOAWD DS 7/8/7/6 for a total of 28...its not like its 25 or less (that is the real danger zone with anything as the shitiest of games can scrap their way into the 20s...).

Not completely low, but like the Famicom flood, it seemed to be just another RPG, and so any redemption had to lie in the game itself and its uniqueness, rather than how good its genre manipulation could be.

You still have 360 control of a 3D character.

Watch the videos, or ask Cow Cow. He's had a ton of fun making Dorothy run at high speed with the controls.

This game looks totally pwnzor.

But if Todo isn't in it, I refuse to play it.

You can see Toto in the screens.

You can see Toto in the screens.

Oh, so Todo is in it.

Well, I'd better add this game to my extremely long list of games that I want but can't afford at the moment T_T

...I'm accepting donations, btw...

I was just playing this on an emulator, sue me. It's mighty fun, and the graphics are amazing for a DS game. To bad the frame rate was choppy on my emulator.

Haseo: Get a job.

I was just playing this on an emulator, sue me. It's mighty fun, and the graphics are amazing for a DS game. To bad the frame rate was choppy on my emulator.

Haseo: Get a job.

lol I'm 14 I can't.

How do you play a game that you need a stylus for on an emulator?

lol I'm 14 I can't.

How do you play a game that you need a stylus for on an emulator?

Being 14 shouldn't be a problem. I've seen even younger people get jobs. It isn't hard at all.

Anyhow, this game actually looks pretty sweet. I was thinking "Lawl, not hard to beat 3D Sonic" when I read the title though. :D