Chapter 17

riariadne

I'm having a hard time with this chapter. The enemies are just swarming me and I end up losing someone good! Should I send someone to buy what I need at the armory, then take a defensive stance, or should I go all out on offense?

All you have to do for half the chapter is send 4 units to tank. One for each opening. When everyone's dead, either stay in that position or try and get the Guiding Ring from the boss. He has Luna, though, and it's a non-droppable item. It's not that hard. The Shamans have lolhit.

Usually, I take a defensive stance at the ship, and then I let the enemies come to me. This chapter isn't terribly difficult if you have a bunch of good tank units and you're careful with how you use your ranged fighters.

What I did was take a defensive stance and then go to offensive later.

If you need something at the armory, buy it as soon as possible so you don't have to waste a unit's turn just to buy something later.

Kill the boss. That ends the map immediately.

Yeah, I finished that way.

The scene with Leila was wicked creepy...

What's the deal about Dart? Is he good? I want to use him, but I didn't give him a vulnerary, so he lost. Should I put the steel axe in storage and take out an iron axe and a vulnerary?

The steel axe weighs him down enough to cause the nomad to double him.

EDIT: Well, I don't know about all of the nomads, but I think the nomad with the longbow doubles him, which isn't a good sign...

Double Edit: Yes I'm a hatchling! W1n!

Edited by Reinfleche

Use Oswin, really. He can tank the left ship by himself. Use him and Hector to beat the enemy. The enemy reinforcements take a while to appear

The scene with Leila was wicked creepy...

It's also been the subject of Matthew going insane in certain fanfics... ;)

What's the deal about Dart? Is he good? I want to use him, but I didn't give him a vulnerary, so he lost.

I hear he's good, but I don't use him because his promotion item is in the sands of the desert chapter (where it's possible that you might not get it if you've been getting Luck screwed or your Matthew

and Legault

are in bad hands). And seeing as how I can never seem to move people across deserts correctly...

I hear he's good, but I don't use him because his promotion item is in the sands of the desert chapter (where it's possible that you might not get it if you've been getting Luck screwed or your Matthew

and Legault

are in bad hands). And seeing as how I can never seem to move people across deserts correctly...

Heath and Florina quite come in hand in this Map.

As for Dart, he's strong, and I like him. Best Axe user in the game, if it wasn't for Bartre

Dart has overkill Strength, but meh Skill, and you have to waste time finding his promotion item.

He's meh.

His "meh" skill means next to nothing when all the enemies have 0 Luck, are generally slow, and have a lot of Lances. His costly promotion item only really matters if you play for ranks. Otherwise, I can't see it being a big deal.

Without ranks, he's pretty awesome.

*coughcoughHECTORcoughcough*

coughcoughOVERRATEDcoughcough

Yes, I am quoting a later post.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Heath and Florina quite come in hand in this Map.

As for Dart, he's strong, and I like him. Best Axe user in the game, if it wasn't for Bartre

*coughcoughHECTORcoughcough*

You'll probably want to get Dart some supports if you're going to use him. Supports with the right characters will help fix his accuracy problems and make his offense even better.

I always use Dart for one reason: he can kill Vaida while she's under the effect of Nergal buffs. He always gets high HP and solid evade for me, so I promote him, give him a killer axe and an elixir, and send him north into the mountains. Your flyers can cross that terrain as well, but I've never had nearly as much luck taking her down with pegasiiii~ as I have with Dart.

Yeah, I know if you leave her alive you get to recruit her later, but I hate Vaida and the store up there she's blocking sells killer weapons, sooo...

she doesnt really block that store. you can get to it by moving the lords right of their starting position.

who should i use 1st heaven seal on, hector or Lyn?