Games you're looking forward to in 2009

VincentASM

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen the competitive side, and I still maintain that it's a party game. The only way for it to become "deep" is by players exploiting numerous design flaws to make the game play more like a standard fighter, or at the very least, faster. (See: wave-dashing).

Wow because we must play games the way they were intended to be played. <_<

It's just like doing a ranked run in FE. Sure you don't have to do it, but it's there and people are interested in it because it could be used as a measure of how well you play.

also Wavedashing doesn't really make the game fast at all unless you're Luigi. It's just an added element in competitive Melee and what made Melee fast was Melee physics.

Edited by Clonez

FEDS

Madworld (On a side note: for some reason, the game's title makes me think of the song of the same name that was done by Gary Jules)

Sin and Punishment 2

Rygar: The Battle of Argus

GTA: Chinatown Wars (Admittedly, I'm hearing some good things about it now, but I'll just wait until the reviews come in.)

The Conduit

Kingdom Hearts DS

Halo 3 Recon

And maybe some more PS3 games.

I'll put more in if I can think of any more.

Edited by Little Al

PC:

*Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X

*Empire:Total War

*Tom Clancy's Endwar

*Hearts of Iron III

*Godfather II

*WORLD IN CONFLICT :SOVIET ASSAULT

*Alpha Protocol

*Street Fighter IV (if my 360 is completely RROD)

*The Sims 3

*Warhammer 40k:Dawn of War II

*Velvet Assassin (see Street Fighter 4)

*Aliens:Colonial Marines

*Company of Heroes:Tales of Valor

*Dungeon Hero

* Storm of War:Battle of Britain

There's a whole bunch of games without set release dates so I tried not to include them (COD6, Mass Effect 2 ect..)

Wii

*Broken Sword

*Klonoa: Door to Phantomile

*Wii Sports Resort

*Madworld

*Little King's Story

*Sin and Punishment 2

*The Conduit

*Punch Out

*House of the Dead:Overkill

*Disaster :Day of Crisis

*Another Code R

*Muramasa: The Demon Blade

*Deadly Creatures

Prolly 1 or 2 more I'm missing.

DS

*Broken Sword

*Trackmania DS

*Valkyrie Profile (I'll check the reviews first though)

*Rhythm Heaven

*Elite Force:Unit 77

Yeah, not much on the DS front I'm afraid.

And until I see what I can do about that festive red ring on my 360 no games for it. And I don't even know what games are coming to the PSP.

I'm not well informed on what is about to come out, but if I'll get a PS3 it would be

Disgaea 3 Absence of Justice

Street Fighter IV

if not probably

Mad World

Castlevania Judgement (not at full price, uh)

Pokémon Platinum even if I'm really getting bored of Pokémon, plus my wi-fi on ds sucks

Edited by SAMUS TUTA ZERO D'ACCIAIO

Oh yeah, The Sims 3. Forgot about that one. I'll likely get it, but I'm starting to wonder where the series can go, especially this quickly: the first Sims had a definite "wow" when it moved on to the finally realized sequel, but here, it doesn't seem like much of a jump between the second and third.

Meh, The Sims 3 looks like it has bigger interaction with your neighbors and your city, though it doesn't entusiast me much.

Yeah--but growing old always seemed to kill off the mood for me, and was one of the least liked things the sequel gave me. The fact that I had to create lifeless buds to simply loaf around didn't suit me too well, as whoever I created, I'd want to play as in time. But at the same time, I wanted as few families as possible to concentrate on playing with.

Forcing characters I made to die killed it for me, so much that I stopped making custom characters, and really just started hitting the random wheel. Though it's a nice touch for the game, and adds something new. At least, for those of us who sometimes wishes the game was like the original (or wanted more time in a specific phase), one can toggle aging on or off.

I was going to say that I was looking forward to Moon but that's out now, and I've played it, too. It's an interesting game. I recommend it for anyone who's looking to try something a little different.