Dragons are overrated

Knife

Dragons  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Overrated?

• Yes
    • No

That is true. But that doesn't excuse him from making pretty bad decisions to avoid getting into wars (like considering sending the Laguz Alliance back to the Kauku (spelling?) Caves until Nasir and Ena intervene on Reyson's behalf).

I never understood that. If he wants to prevent war, or atleast limit casualities, why doesn't he take action and actually do something productive? He's like the self-rightious girl gives speeches about how bullying is bad, but looks away when someone's head is dunked into the toilet.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never understood that. If he wants to prevent war, or atleast limit casualities, why doesn't he take action and actually do something productive? He's like the self-rightious girl gives speeches about how bullying is bad, but looks away when someone's head is dunked into the toilet.

unlike random normal people, dragons have huge destructive powers. they can single-handedly go to a small town and completely destroy it with minimal difficulty.

its not about the war that Dheginsea cared about. it was about the Chaos that would be created during a war. after all, it was Chaos what released Yune from her imprisonment, not war. If you hear his speeches however painful they may sound because of bad voice acting he always says to not start a war BECAUSE of the chaos. After all, he was a part of a huge war in ancient times.

imagine, if the dragons would have become involved in some way in the war, even if they planned to not be directly involved. eventually the dragons would begin to take sides, and become involved in the war. it would only be a matter of time. it was better if they completely went neutral, not support either side, not hinder either side.

and i think i went off in a tangent. i'm not sure if i did a good job of explaining myself....

unlike random normal people, dragons have huge destructive powers. they can single-handedly go to a small town and completely destroy it with minimal difficulty.

its not about the war that Dheginsea cared about. it was about the Chaos that would be created during a war. after all, it was Chaos what released Yune from her imprisonment, not war. If you hear his speeches however painful they may sound because of bad voice acting he always says to not start a war BECAUSE of the chaos. After all, he was a part of a huge war in ancient times.

imagine, if the dragons would have become involved in some way in the war, even if they planned to not be directly involved. eventually the dragons would begin to take sides, and become involved in the war. it would only be a matter of time. it was better if they completely went neutral, not support either side, not hinder either side.

and i think i went off in a tangent. i'm not sure if i did a good job of explaining myself....

Yes, I like you more now. ^^

Anyway, imagine that, a dragon's power. No wonder I chose to be one.

The way Dheginsea's character is developed throughout the series, I look at him as more being paranoid of wars than it is him beeing a self-righteous prick.

No, you explained yourself pretty well, and yes, that is a really good point since when you think about it there's not much you can do to avoid wars without people considering you on one side or the other. In the Kauku caves case, though I think Dheginsea could have avoided any confrontation with Begnion, though, because Begnion doesn't know that the laguz armies went to Gallia via Goldoa quite by accident. Thinking about it now, I wonder why nobody said anything in the in-game script about that...

Edited by Midir

The point is that that power could have been used while remaining neutral. Just scare the shit out of every other country. Sure, you may provoke a rebellion, but it would still be much more effective than ignoring whatever the rest of the world is doing. And last time I checked the rest of the world was fully capable of summoning the goddess.

Edited by Tamara

The way Dheginsea's character is developed throughout the series, I look at him as more being paranoid of wars than it is him beeing a self-righteous prick.

No, you explained yourself pretty well, and yes, that is a really good point since when you think about it there's not much you can do to avoid wars without people considering you on one side or the other. In the Kauku caves case, though I think Dheginsea could have avoided any confrontation with Begnion, though, because Begnion doesn't know that the laguz armies went to Gallia via Goldoa quite by accident. Thinking about it now, I wonder why nobody said anything in the in-game script about that...

that is actually a really good point right there. they could have easily helped out the Laguz Alliance and no one would have noticed.

i guess it's more of the fact that in a way, Dheginsea kinda got comfortable being in isolation, and by helping out the Laguz Alliance it would be essentially destroying all those years of isolation and become involved with outside people. people tend to get stuck in a way of living, i suppose, and he WAS a stubborn man, even in death. but maybe i'm just over analyzing him as a character.

The point is that that power could have been used while remaining neutral. Just scare the shit out of every other country. Sure, you may provoke a rebellion, but it would still be much more effective than ignoring whatever the rest of the world is doing. And last time I checked the rest of the world was fully capable of summoning the goddess.

Do you really think that things would stop just because the dragons would become involved? things were already too complicated and developed just to be stopped by some peoples who not only have remained in isolation for who-knows-how-many years, but by Laguz, nonetheless! Do you think the Begnion Senators would have stopped because of them? And the Laguz Alliance wouldn't just stop in their attack. After all, most laguz already have an innate hate towards beorc, which was further justified by the Begnion Senate's actions. The only thing that could possibly happen is that the war suddenly would turn into a free-for-all, where everybody is fighting everybody else. And as Dheginsea stated, dragons would most likely be the victors, destroying the land, killing most everybody, and then meet their end by Ashera's judgement.

remember that laguz tend to lose control of their actions during war. That was why they even fought that battle in which Skrimir was wounded by What's-his-face.

and being neutral is much harder than it seems. Kurthnaga says hi. he wanted to stop the fighting, and he ended up siding with the Dawn Brigade.

that is actually a really good point right there. they could have easily helped out the Laguz Alliance and no one would have noticed.

i guess it's more of the fact that in a way, Dheginsea kinda got comfortable being in isolation, and by helping out the Laguz Alliance it would be essentially destroying all those years of isolation and become involved with outside people. people tend to get stuck in a way of living, i suppose, and he WAS a stubborn man, even in death. but maybe i'm just over analyzing him as a character.

Actually, that is a good way of looking at it, now that I think about it like that...

Do you really think that things would stop just because the dragons would become involved? things were already too complicated and developed just to be stopped by some peoples who not only have remained in isolation for who-knows-how-many years, but by Laguz, nonetheless! Do you think the Begnion Senators would have stopped because of them? And the Laguz Alliance wouldn't just stop in their attack. After all, most laguz already have an innate hate towards beorc, which was further justified by the Begnion Senate's actions. The only thing that could possibly happen is that the war suddenly would turn into a free-for-all, where everybody is fighting everybody else. And as Dheginsea stated, dragons would most likely be the victors, destroying the land, killing most everybody, and then meet their end by Ashera's judgement.

remember that laguz tend to lose control of their actions during war. That was why they even fought that battle in which Skrimir was wounded by What's-his-face.

and being neutral is much harder than it seems. Kurthnaga says hi. he wanted to stop the fighting, and he ended up siding with the Dawn Brigade.

Zelgius was the guy's name, IIRC. That really injures their pride, I'm sure...

And actually, the dragons had kind of started picking sides once Almehda started disagreeing with her father. For after that disagreement she went to Daien, fell in love with Ashnard, had his son, and then Ashnard lured Rajaion over there to make him his steed. And then Ena joined up with Daien to find a way to save Rajaion, and Nasir helped them out. There were dragon taking sides all over the place in PoR, for crying out loud! Kind of makes wonder why Dheginsea had to be so damn stubborn in the first place...

Dheginsea was just really loyal to the goddess, and decided that some sacrifices were worth making to save the continent. And he was a totally sweet dragon (not in human form, but as a boss). Dragons are slightly overrated, but I still love 'em!

Actually, that is a good way of looking at it, now that I think about it like that...

Zelgius was the guy's name, IIRC. That really injures their pride, I'm sure...

And actually, the dragons had kind of started picking sides once Almehda started disagreeing with her father. For after that disagreement she went to Daien, fell in love with Ashnard, had his son, and then Ashnard lured Rajaion over there to make him his steed. And then Ena joined up with Daien to find a way to save Rajaion, and Nasir helped them out. There were dragon taking sides all over the place in PoR, for crying out loud! Kind of makes wonder why Dheginsea had to be so damn stubborn in the first place...

a very good point. especially considering how the Daein people managed to capture several dragons for their experiments during FE9. Makes you wonder what they were doing outside of Goldoa. they may actually have mentioned it in FE9, but i don't seem to recall...

Dheginsea was just really loyal to the goddess, and decided that some sacrifices were worth making to save the continent. And he was a totally sweet dragon (not in human form, but as a boss). Dragons are slightly overrated, but I still love 'em!

but WHAT goddess? was it right for him to support Ashera when he knew that Yune was released from her medallion and as such had as much say on the destinies of the peoples of Tellius as Ashera? After all, he knew about the pact between the two goddesses, he was there! he was informed of the situation, he had no reason to back up Ashera's judgement when it was dished out without the consent of Yune, as the agreement had stated.

but WHAT goddess? was it right for him to support Ashera when he knew that Yune was released from her medallion and as such had as much say on the destinies of the peoples of Tellius as Ashera? After all, he knew about the pact between the two goddesses, he was there! he was informed of the situation, he had no reason to back up Ashera's judgement when it was dished out without the consent of Yune, as the agreement had stated.

Dheginsea was misinformed; he didn't realize it was the Galdr of Release that had awoken Ashera. Of course, how that happened is beyond me, as if it had been the spirit of chaos that had awoken Ashera then he would've been gone along with everybody else.

Dheginsea was misinformed; he didn't realize it was the Galdr of Release that had awoken Ashera. Of course, how that happened is beyond me, as if it had been the spirit of chaos that had awoken Ashera then he would've been gone along with everybody else.

but he was informed of the situation by Kurthnaga before the army battled against him, wasn't he? and didn't he say that it didn't matter?

or was that after he was defeated?

my memory is horrible at best....

Edited by Bianchi Ridell Crimea

but he was informed of the situation by Kurthnaga before the army battled against him, wasn't he? and didn't he say that it didn't matter?

or was that after he was defeated?

my memory is horrible at best....

Before the fight starts. And, being the stubborn person that he is, he said it didn't matter at all.

a very good point. especially considering how the Daein people managed to capture several dragons for their experiments during FE9. Makes you wonder what they were doing outside of Goldoa. they may actually have mentioned it in FE9, but i don't seem to recall...

Dheginsea sent a unit of red dragons to save Almedha, remember? One of the dragons (I don't remember who) said this in FE10.

Dheginsea knew that he was wrong after some time, therefore he still chose to side with Ashera to punish himself. He says it to Yune after you defeat him.

Dheginsea sent a unit of red dragons to save Almedha, remember? One of the dragons (I don't remember who) said this in FE10.

It's Nasir, IIRC. So unless it involves members of his immediate family, he doesn't take sides is what we're saying here. Favoritist. <__<