FE7 Thread

Kintenbo

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting sleepy, I hope the Fire Emblem 7 thread doesn't go to war with the Fire Emblem 4 thread while I'm asleep.

Anyway, just to fuel this here topic up: nino_fe_feb05.jpg

Nino will watch over this topic while I'm asleep. She's going to make sure you guys, and herself, don't get into any mischief while I'm gone.

Insert 500+ posts in this baby and the Fire Emblem 4 thread can have someone to relate to!

Oswin is win.

I approve of this message 10bil fold

Can somebody remind me what the tier list for this game was? The only parts I remember are these:

Top Tier:

Karla

Renault

Wallace

Louise

Vaida

High Tier:

Nino

Heath

Bartre

Karel

????????????

Bottom Tier:

Matthew

Serra

Guy

Erk

Raven

Oswin

I attempted to recreate Priscilla in her original outfit...

priscillaeditedly6.png

Biggest problem was that your sprite had a bunch of transparent pixels that ruined it.

Another thing I noticed was that you made her shoulder things bigger than they actually are. Made them smaller (especially the left one) and added some light outlining to make them show up better on lighter backgrounds (such as this forum).

Also keep in mind sizes of things when working in pixel form. You outlined her little neck pendant, when it would only be a couple of pixels, if at that wide. Instead of looking like a pendant, it looks like she has a large gold plate around her chest.

I made the detail on her skirt a lot more subtle, because making dress creases that dark is making it look more like a pair of clown pants than a smooth fitting dress. A couple of folds are still there, but the lines to make them are much lighter.

This is not a fault of your own, but I changed the perspective of her head to match the stance of the archer sprite you chose to edit and changed the hair to look closer to her official art.

Biggest problem was that your sprite had a bunch of transparent pixels that ruined it.

I did this to show that the netting over and around the shoulders isn't solid.

This is not a fault of your own, but I changed the perspective of her head to match the stance of the archer sprite you chose to edit and changed the hair to look closer to her official art.

I created the upper body with no guidance, and only used the archer's legs from the knee down because I'm rubbish with legs. Her right arm is by her side.

But, the eyes angled down more does look better there.

After taking some of the things you mentioned into consideration, I changed my own into this:

priscillaoriginalvf3.png

In her art, that pendulum is almost as wide as her face, so I left it. I also added gold trim to where I missed it (on the netting for one), as well as the two tails from the bow at the back.

I'm by no means experienced in these things, because this is my first custom sprite (well, not including the archer's legs... later, I also put it against the archer sprite I took the legs off to get the height right) so, any good advice from someone who seems experienced, such as yourself, is quite appreciated.

I did this to show that the netting over and around the shoulders isn't solid.
I mean there were pixels that were fully transparent, and not there at all. You can fake the effect you want by using skin tones within the shoulder. The netting is not fully transparent, so you're better off putting color there.
In her art, that pendulum is almost as wide as her face, so I left it.
It's as wide as her face, but it's still very small vertically. I think 2x1 pixels better represents it than 2x2.

Chrono Trigger overrated, Final Fantasy 6 overrated, Legend of Zelda: OoT overrrated, Halo Overrated.

I could go on with this all day, but to keep it short...

Metroid Prime 1 overrated, Kingdom Hearts overrated, Mega Man 2 overrated, Mega Man X1 overrated, Perfect Dark overrated, Goldeneye overrated, etc....

And finally:

002465a1b3cd61076d2941dacecb323f.jpg

In your face Serra haters!

I could go on with this all day, but to keep it short...

Metroid Prime 1 overrated, Kingdom Hearts overrated, Mega Man 2 overrated, Mega Man X1 overrated, Perfect Dark overrated, Goldeneye overrated, etc....

And finally:

002465a1b3cd61076d2941dacecb323f.jpg

In your face Serra haters!

Brb.