Hard Mode

It's actually quite tricky if you don't abuse the tower... I'm going for the kind of realistic route in the sense that if a character is killed, I will continue, no matter who it is (Luckily my Lords haven't died yet, because that's just cheating).

Quite a number have died, to be honest: Ross, Joshua, Vanessa, Forde, Neimi, Gerik, Moulder and Knoll. Garcia wasn't recruited because Ross died before getting to him (misjudgement on my part, I never knew the guy had a hand axe...).

I don't know about you guys...but to me beating Sacred Stones on hard mode is no problem at all. I know I'm a newbie at this game but still.

Did you go through the tower/ruins? If you don't, it's rather difficult. I remember getting stuck on that chapter where you have to defend Castle Rausten in the dark. I ended up robbing Eirika and Ephraim of their weapons so they only took damage and held all enemies back. I then healed.

Did you go through the tower/ruins? If you don't, it's rather difficult. I remember getting stuck on that chapter where you have to defend Castle Rausten in the dark. I ended up robbing Eirika and Ephraim of their weapons so they only took damage and held all enemies back. I then healed.

What are you talking about?

The Tower of Valni and the Lagdou Ruins. You know, the training areas outside of the story.

Oh that sorry man. And yeah...kind of. When theres monsters blocking my way. But I didn't do the Tower of Valni and the Lagdou Ruins.

Oh that sorry man. And yeah...kind of. When theres monsters blocking my way. But I didn't do the Tower of Valni and the Lagdou Ruins.

That still counts as external training. To avoid all battles except the chapters you need to do, that's the real challenge of this game.

I didn't even get by the prologue (the episode before the first one) only because a bandit hit Erika with 2 attacks at a 39% accuracy.

After beginning a new Hard Mode file, the only problem I'm currently having is choosing who to use, because I like almost everyone...

I'm beginning ch.10: Turning Traitor (Ephraim's route)

Currently, my top units are:

Ephraim lv12 Lord

Joshua lv9 Myrmidon

Natasha lv5 Cleric

Gilliam lv 13 Knight

Ross lv13 Pirate

Garcia Lv16 Fighter

Vanessa lv10 Pegasus kn.

Lute lv13 Mage

Amelia lv3 Recruit

Colm lv3 Thief (he just does the chest raids, not used otherwise)

Kyle lv10Cavalier

Other units I plan to use when I recruit them are:

Cormag

Ewan

Gerik

Marisa

Units I would like to use, but aren't:

Tana

Neimi

Franz

I managed the one where you first see Amelia alright, no real challenge there, but this one... This Pirate ship... It's probably because I'm using too many new units (Tana, Amelia (who's still a recruit), and Cormag) I also use Colm, and make him use a torch for supernatural fog-piercing. Other units include Natasha for healing, Garcia, Ross, Gilliam, Lute, Ephraim and Joshua...

I remember the Pirate ship...

I had to solo it with Dussel because at least 1 party member died each time prior...

I could complete this chapter if I just left out the weaker, new units for this chapter, but my old stubborn self is forcing me to keep them. Amelia just got killed, and before that, it was Lute. I'm so damned unlucky, the RNG is being a bitch today.

• 3 weeks later...