Character Archtypes

luigi bros

What about Heath?! D:

Vaida fits the The-Female-Dragon-Rider-Princess-Lady-That-Betrays-Her-Country-And-Who-Usually-Seems-To-Have-Red-Hair Archetype better than Heath, mainly because she's higher ranked and because she's female.

The Jeigan unit: Jeigan, Marcus, Seth & Titania

The green cavalier: Lance(FE6), Sain & Kyle

The red cavalier: Alan(FE6), Kent, Forde & Amelia

The green hair mage: Lugh & Nino

The blonde prepromoted: Klein, Igrene & Louise

The Oifay unit: I don't know that character

Well if you're going to have the Oifay Archetype, then it should be:

The Jeigan unit: Jeigan

The green cavalier: Lance(FE6), Sain & Kyle and Oscar

The red cavalier: Alan(FE6), Kent, Forde & Amelia is not a cavalier & Kieran

The green hair mage: Lugh & Nino

The Oifay unit: Marcus, Seth & Titania (arguably Sothe)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jeigan unit: Jeigan, Minerva

The green cavalier: Lance(FE6), Sain & Kyle and Oscar

The red cavalier: Alan(FE6), Kent, Forde & Amelia is not a cavalier & Kieran

The green hair mage: Lugh, Soren & Nino

The Oifay unit: Marcus, Seth, Titania & Tauroneo (arguably Sothe)

Quoted for improvements

Soren is not green-haired, Minerva is not a Jeigan, and Tauroneo is not an Oifay.

Yes, it's a very dark green

Well, she has really bad stats, less than Shiida after she promotes

Yes, he is, at least in RD. Not in PoR, though

Don't really take the Tauroneo and Minerva comments as proven truth, cause it's just my two cents.

Don't really take the Tauroneo and Minerva comments as proven truth, cause it's just my two cents.

Except for the hair, Soren fits most of the criteria for that archetype so I suppose whether or not he should be in it is subjective.

The main part of the Jeigan criteria is being a promoted unit early in the game. Minerva's in chapter 10, that's close to mid-game.

Soren's hair is black. Kurthnaga's hair is dark green, and they look nothing alike. In fact, Soren's hair color looks the most similar to Rajaion, and HE has black hair.

bad stats don't make a unit Jeigan. A Jeigan unit is a pre-promote unit who begins early-game with good stats, but has poor growths and therefore ends up becoming less and less useful as you advance through the game. Storyline-wise, a Jeigan also tends to be really close to the main lord and gives him or her advice and all that junk.

Oifay is basically a Jeigan who has decent growths so that the unit is still usable come endgame.

And Tauroneo is not an Oifay, since he only helps only in a small part of Part 1. He's just a pre-promote unit that you recruit. Sothe, however, is there for a longer time, and is really close to Micaiah. That makes him the Oifay of Part 1.

Minerva joins mid-game, so that doesn't allow her to be a Jeigan. She's a poor pre-promote, but not a Jeigan.

Except for the hair, Soren fits most of the criteria for that archetype so I suppose whether or not he should be in it is subjective.

The main part of the Jeigan criteria is being a promoted unit early in the game. Minerva's in chapter 10, that's close to mid-game.

so what other criteria is there for the "Green haired mage"? the units in the list are SO different from one another that there really isn't much that is similar between them, besides being mages of course.

Edited by Nyx

Oh, I'm not really that familiar with the definitions of fansite archtypes.

so what other criteria is there for the "Green haired mage"? the units in the list are SO different from one another that there really isn't much that is similar between them, besides being mages of course.

Not much, just green hair and early join time:

Merric of FESD, joins in chapter 4

Lugh of FE6, joins in chapter 3

Levin of FE4, joins in chapter 2

Asvel of FE5, joins in chapter 4x

That's pretty much it... another thing to note is that (besides lugh), they all have use of a wind element spell at the start and are pretty much the best mages in their games.

Oh, I'm not really that familiar with the definitions of fansite archtypes.

You just compare the units and that's how they come up with the definition. Some argue that there should be no Oifaye archetype and they should all be in the Jeigan. Those who say no do so because that particular Jeigan has decent growth rates which is true.

Edited by Levin

What about SUPER WOMAN ARCHER TIER!

An archer that comes at a low level, always freaking smiles, starts off bad, comes early in the game, but when leveled up, dodges EVERYTHING, and has HUGE eyes.

People in this group (Haven't played 1-6, and I'm not sure about Norne.)

Rebecca

Neimi

Rolf

Leonardo (although I'm not sure if he dodges too well. He has a smile on his face though.)

Dorothy would be in here, but she has not-so-good luck and she doesn't smile. Or have ginormous eyes.

What about SUPER WOMAN ARCHER TIER!

An archer that comes at a low level, always freaking smiles, starts off bad, comes early in the game, but when leveled up, dodges EVERYTHING, and has HUGE eyes.

People in this group (Haven't played 1-6, and I'm not sure about Norne.)

Rebecca

Neimi

Rolf

Leonardo (although I'm not sure if he dodges too well. He has a smile on his face though.)

Dorothy would be in here, but she has not-so-good luck and she doesn't smile. Or have ginormous eyes.

There's also Tanya from FE5. Doesn't smile but is damn cute.

Ike-Mike beat me to it.

Maybe Ronan, then?

Edited by Oushin

Don't believe I posted here...

I surmise the only reasonable type left is the womanizer/girly type.

Fe1/3/11-

fe2-

fe4- alec, levin

fe5- homer

fe6- saul

fe7- sain

fe8-

fe9/10- gatrie