What Do You HATE About Each FE Game?

thanibomb

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After playing Melee, after Marth and Roy became my favorite characters in the game, and after experiencing what had to be one of the best storlines ever, with some of the most awesome characters I've ever seen in Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword, I was expecting Roy to be just like his dad, an awesome character and true hero with just enough weakness in him to be believable....instead, he's a fucking Mary Sue....

What? What? So Eliwood is not a Gary stu? O.o

It is if your units can't attack and they're slow enough that they have a hard time working their way over to villages.
Thief unit, Thief sword, thief ring, pairings. Make use of these wisely and you shouldn't have much of a problem with money.

FE7 has sidequests; what would you need the Tower of Valni for if you can just get sidequests to level your characters?

If FE7 had the tower of valni or something similar, it would have made the game very easy.

Fe7: don't know ...I like it very much

Fe8: too easy, too fast to beat and unlock all secrets characters

Fe9: Scolls vanich after you gave them to characters and Ike can solo the last map with Aether,4 elixirs and Ragnell >_>

FE10 : BRING SUPPORT CONVERSATION BACK I.S !!! Creepy story, MicaFAIL ....(she gets with 29 in speed at endgame =_=") I.S KILLED Archsages's speed ...do not mention Ike ending...

FE11: Story outdate (we are in 2008-2009 now) Marth doesn't promote and characters don't have backstory, Gaiden chapters...

FE7: jumpy story, not trial maps

FE8: too many monsters, bad story

FE9: bad battle animations, hard to unlock secret characters, too much money

FE10: bad characterization, little/no availability for some characters, cheap royals, lame skills animations

FE 6: No assassins! That is vital to the gameplay! Assassins are awesome! But it was the first Fire Emblem Game for Game Boy Advance. And don't dispute that. I know it is.

FE 7: No tower of Valnie, Mercs don't have very good defense, and Peg Knights suck.

FE 8: No complaints, here.

Assassins are terrible... :/ 20 strength, lolololol.

Valni was terrible. Repetitive, boring, and the only use for it was to raise shit like Ewan. Also, Mercs never really have good defense. They rely on speed a bit more, especially enemies. AND FE7 had some really good Pegasus Knights, even if Farina was expensive.

lol

Eh? IMO, Lyn is a Mary Sue and Eliwood is a Gary Stu. Only Hector who is different. >.>

Hector's pretty generic, also. Tell me how many games don't have a defiant good guy who wants to smash things.

Hector's pretty generic, also. Tell me how many games don't have a defiant good guy who wants to smash things.

Hm...I have to agree there. FE7 is full of Mary Sues and Gary Stus. >.>

But more people like him, which disclassifes him as a Gary Stu afaik.

Eh? IMO, Lyn is a Mary Sue and Eliwood is a Gary Stu. Only Hector who is different. >.>

Well...I guess I'll agree with you about Lyn...although she sure didn't feel like a Mary Sue for some reason. Eliwood doesn't seem like a Gary Sue though. Not that much anyways. I mean sure, there were some overly idealistic times with him (Fiora support: I like to think of everyone in the army as my friend!!)...but he seemed just vulnerable enough to be realistic. Whatever, I thought he was cool.

Hector isn't a Gary Sue though. He may seem generic, but unlike most other generics, he's actually cool! He gets some pretty good quotes to (Linus: I will avenge my brother Lloyd, the one that you killed!! Hector: I don't know about Lloyd, but I'll sure kill you!). Plus there are a good amount of moments that shows him as someone other than a generic stereotype, like that conversation with Mark that he has in Chapter 24.

And to top it all off, there was that ultra cool scene where he's kneeling by the throne of Uther

after Uther dies

, and is telling him all about how he's going to put an end to Peering (although I was a bit weirded out about how he kept on saying that WE would put an end to it, rather than HE will put an end to it...just what the heck was he referring to). Eliwood and Lyn maybe, but Hector? No way!

Fire Emblem needs more lords like Hector, Sigurd and Ephraim. I'm tired of the idealistic youths as lords. There should be a lord with personality traits like Sain or Shinon.

Well, technically, Levin is a lord. And he has personality traits like Sain.

Were need more Womanizer MAIN Lords.

FE2: Grinding for lord knows how long so your units won't die.

FE3: Book 1's cutting of content, Book 2's lack of characters that were cut. 20 cap on all stats except Hp.

FE4: Backtracking in the 1st gen. Having to go from Sailane to Thove then back to Sailane to Silesia to the other castle is not fun. Double attack has to be a skill. Axes and Fire magic being useless.

FE5: Xavier's recruitment, infinite staff range(pro and con), Your army's lack of leadership while the enemy is extremely organized, see Cyas's 10 LS. Neutral units attacking you. That mean's they aren't neutral... and that Dark Warlord slut, Elf.

FE6: FE3 reborn, nothing original in this one.

FE7: Dragon knights aren't so good which is unacceptable.

FE8: Monsters were the only enemies after a certain point in the game. I want to fight more human ones or manaketes.

FE9: Weapon ranks are a bitch to raise in this one even then S rank weapons aren't all that great.

FE10: Greil Mercenaries had way too much screen time. Side characters at most only had 1 info conversation which didn't really provide much depth.

I feel FE2 can be improve vastly if they decide to remake it.

FE 6: Idoun was too easy.

FE 7: Nothing. I liked it a lot. First Fire Emblem i played too.

FE 8: Extremely easy. If i wanted to, i could get every single character to level 20. I loved most of the characters though.

FE 9: Crappy voice acting. You can't control laguz transformation.

FE 10: Micaiah. Supports. I hate both of these with passion. Subpar voice acting.