What Do You HATE About Each FE Game?

thanibomb

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just remembered I dislike FE10 for the crappy caps that Paladins/Arch Sages have on the whole, too. I mean, 31 speed for

Pelleas

is such a waste =/ The crappy MT of the magic tomes don't help things.

Edited by Drayano

This is the thing I hate most about most FEs. It sucks to spend an hour or so on a chapter and then having one of your characters die just when you're about to finish due to the RNG being in the enemies favor. It also sucks to make one stupid mistake that leads to a character dying. I can understand hard mode not having any battle saves but normal and easy should.

IIRC, FE10 does have battle saves on easy and normal modes.

I hate the fact that FE4 kinda plays with the death thing seeing you can bring back dead units with a staff.

Sure, but the probem with said staff is that it has only one use and if you use it you've gotta pay 30,000 dollars gold to get it repaired.

You know you would have a point there Edorian...except guess what? Right after that, Elphin goes on to say this.....

"No, it is a perfectly understandable reaction after fighting something like that. But now...we know something that we did not before."

See? The game pretty much went out of its way just to tell us that Roy was not, in fact, making a mistake or doing anything wrong, or doing anything that would suggest any flaw in his leadership. And you do make a fair point on the dragons, but I still find it really pathetic that that's the only sign anywhere in the game of Roy not being the perfect leader....

My point still stands. What did you expect Elphin to say? "Roy you are a coward, it was just a freaking harmless dragon, although you've never seen one before in your life" So that really showed that Roy was able to feel fear and did show a flaw in his leadership.

I will still keep looking for more stuff like this because I too think that only one sign of "not being perfect" is weird... though it doesn't bother me at all :P

Edited by Edorian

Sure, but the probem with said staff is that it has only one use and if you use it you've gotta pay 30,000 dollars gold to get it repaired.

Money is hardly a problem in Seisen, IMO. >.>

IIRC, FE10 does have battle saves on easy and normal modes.

I know, I was talking about the other FEs.

One more thing I hated about FE10 was the amount of characters that were forced onto the maps. I don't use most of the forced characters and I hate having a character on the field that I don't plan on using. It just feels like a waste to have a character on the field and not be used. I'm gonna use characters because I want to use them, not because they're forced.

Edited by KSFF2150

Well, ok, ok, your right Edorian, I guess I was bein a little harsh. I guess I might've overreacted, I mean honestly, Roy already gets enough positive reinforcement from everyone around him as it is, so yeah, he's not perfect...about as perfect as a human can be, lets just put it that way.

I'm really sad though. After playing Melee, after Marth and Roy became my favorite characters in the game, and after experiencing what had to be one of the best storlines ever, with some of the most awesome characters I've ever seen in Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword, I was expecting Roy to be just like his dad, an awesome character and true hero with just enough weakness in him to be believable....instead, he's a fucking Mary Sue....

Maybe I'm making too big a deal of this, but I'm a real stickler for storyline. As a matter of fact, I actually plan on making a hack of FE6 someday, to make it the game it should've been in my mind. Maybe not soon, but someday....

More intense hate is marked by italics.

FE4: complete utter imbalance of weapons

FE6: thieves being unable to promote (low hate)

FE7: support slowness

fail enemy stats

FE9: lengthy map animations

lack of difficulty

FE10: extremely hindering caps

Florete saying it attacks with magic, yet not doing so, and having no magic-based swords at all

low character availability

greatly weakened supports

all except 9: huge random factor

Edited by Reikken

FE 6: The way.... Sophia...talks......she uses.. more... dots....than Jaffar.....

Fe 7: Boring maps sometimes.

FE 8: Monsters? Wtf. And it was waaaaay to easy. There's too much wrong with this game...

FE 9: I hate the graphics and battle animations, lame story.

FE 10: Story. And character development...

I always threw Deu/Patty at those kinda problems. Especially as Thief Fighters have always kicked all sorts of ass, and so in the process, procured immense amounts of money ^_^

This holds out until promotion, where healers can then start fighting in the Arena.

FE6: An unlikeable main character with mediocre stats.

FE7: Uh...er...hrmm. ...Rescuing Pent in the Nabata Desert before he steals all the exp, I guess. I suck at that map.

FE8: Overall, the characters don't have much depth.

FE9: I'd say boring battle animations, but I just turn all of that off now anyway. I think the thing that irritated me the most was not being able to see my progress through weapon ranks and stat caps.

FE10: The freakin' Dawn Brigade with its freakin' Silva haired maaideenz~~! And WHAT DID YOU DO TO SUPPORTS D=

My only complaint is whenever a girl wears thigh high boots. (this applies to most Pegasus Knights) Really, if that's my only complaint, I can't say I really hate anything about Fire Emblem at all.

^That kinda bothers me to. It's like, what's the point? I mean, especially in Florinas case, for her to wear boots like that, and a skirt that short just seems completely out of place with her personality. I realize it's a japanese game, but I don't think every girl has to be wearing revealing clothing <_<

3- slow movement pace/no con/the hp can be decieving, only seizing (I think)

4-maps, no con, broken units and bosses, only seizing,

5- only two def levels, caps, promotion items at wrong times..

6- promtions items,only seizing (WHY DID THEY TAKE DEF LEVELS AND CAPTURING OUT?)

7- nothing unique

8-short, and a little dull

10-long (not that thats bad but some lvels are just bad.

I know, I was talking about the other FEs.

One more thing I hated about FE10 was the amount of characters that were forced onto the maps. I don't use most of the forced characters and I hate having a character on the field that I don't plan on using. It just feels like a waste to have a character on the field and not be used. I'm gonna use characters because I want to use them, not because they're forced.

The number of times you had to bring out Sigrun and Ranulf...

Damn that was annoying. Why couldn't Sigrun have gotten more than a good affinity ;-;

Edited by Drayano

only ones i've played

7: you can't control Nils and Ninian on the battlefield at the same time and you can't start off in HHM right away

8: Too many things to write down biggest is the towers/RNG abuse

One I will play but haven't played yet

11: removal of light/dark magic, I really liked the magic triangle and now other than the stat growths I see no difference in a dark mage/mage or a sage/druid, besides their looks. :(

Off topic: I looked at a few videos of fire emblem 6 on youtube and none of the characters blinked during conversations. Did they not have that until 7, it made them seem much more life like to me along with the moving mouths when I first played FE7

FE 6: No assassins! That is vital to the gameplay! Assassins are awesome! But it was the first Fire Emblem Game for Game Boy Advance. And don't dispute that. I know it is.

FE 7: No tower of Valnie, Mercs don't have very good defense, and Peg Knights suck.

FE 8: No complaints, here.

FE 6: No assassins! That is vital to the gameplay! Assassins are awesome! But it was the first Fire Emblem Game for Game Boy Advance. And don't dispute that. I know it is.

FE 7: No tower of Valnie, Mercs don't have very good defense, and Peg Knights suck.

FE 8: No complaints, here.

Assassins wern't invented until FE7 dumbass ;)