H5 Tier list topic

Rodykitty

I am doubting a lot of people asking this and that have played the JP version of FE7 (I know I haven't, but I can tell that the effective weapons were probably usable at 3x damage because a lot of them have the worst possible Wt values.)

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Added two new guidelines, and removed one I thought was useless.

I'm pretty sure this won't change much besides maybe Boah's position. Scratch that Boah is definitely better than Etzel. I thought different units surrounded him.

Edited by FE3 Player

Ah, perhaps I should have elaborated on that comment. Est's starting equipment has no special value, because Est is always available. Getting her equipment has no opportunity cost, so we can assume we'll always obtain it.

However, Arran vs. Samson is a special case either/or situation. Getting one character precludes the other. If you plan to use neither of them, then picking the one with more valuable gear (to distribute to your other units) would be optimal. One character's gear does have value relative to the other's, because they exclude each other.

Eh, I guess it's not that big a deal. Plenty of gold in this game and you could have purchased plenty of Silver/Killer weapons by this stage of the game if you wanted them.

The only argument I'd make about Fail!Arran is that his loot is worth more than Samson's =P.

Not even, in H5 you don't want to rely too much on Killer weapons

wuuuuuuut.

Forged Killers are a freaking cornerstone.

The killer lance has its use since it allows generals to ORKO every once in a while on counter. Same with the killer bow for generals. The rest are only useful in the hands of high/top tiers in there preferred classes but you'd rather have silvers instead of killers then.

Edited by Lancelot

Probably because she only needs 5 levels to catch up to him, while he hasn't been doing a whole lot of good before then:

16/0 Vyland: 29 HP, 20 Atk (Killer Lance), 12 AS, 9 Def

5/0 Catria: 20 HP, 16 Atk (Killer Lance), 13 AS, 8 Def

20/1 Vyland (Cav-->Sniper): 34 HP, 22 Atk (Killer Bow), 17 AS, 10 Def

10/1 Catria (Peg-->Sniper): 31 HP, 20 Atk (Killer Bow), 18 AS, 11 Def

Growths:

Catria: 70 HP, 45 Str, 70 Spd, 25 Def

Vyland: 60 HP, 25 Str, 60 Spd, 10 Def

I could see a case being made for Beck, but lets look at Julian at Catria's jointime.

Julian 16: 27 HP, 26 Atk (Silver Sword), 19 AS, 8 Def

Jointime, Julian is beating or tying Catria in every stat, although keep in mind that his 26 Atk is often 23, and he doesn't have access to Ridersbane. When Catria promotes:

Julian 21: 31 HP, 28 Atk (Silver Sword), 21 AS, 9 Def

It actually looks like Julian continues to have an advantage. Keep in mind though that he's often losing 3 Atk from WTD, and doesn't have access to 2 range or Ridersbane. Tough to call at this point.

Julian's growths: 80 HP, 50 Str, 50 Spd, 30 Def

Catria will eventually catch up in speed, but Julian will continue to grow at a greater pace then Catria.

This is just a rough 5 minute comparison, but it really comes down to stats vs. 2 range/ridersbane. I might use enemy stats if interest in this subject continues.

I put her above Vyland because Vyland and Matthis seemed incredibly shaky, while her curb stomp late game and not having as bad of early game as we thought is more of a sure thing. If Vyland has reason to go above her, sure.

Oh.

I suppose he's like a better growth version of Abel. Abel has better, albeit similar, bases but growths are different. Frey is winning in everything except STR, and even then, it's by five points.

Same story with Cain, except Frey beats or ties with him in everything growthwise. And their bases are so similar it's creepy. Cain wins LCK by 1 and HP by 2.

I also notice how the starting Cavs have VERY comparable stats to Jeigan at join time. Except for lolres.

I also noticed we forgot Norne.

Put her between Gordon and Wrys...

Jointime, Julian is beating or tying Catria in every stat, although keep in mind that his 26 Atk is often 23, and he doesn't have access to Ridersbane.

22 actually. WTD still saps an extra attack point.

This game hates swords I know :/

I also don't see how Julian could gain five levels in the same time Catria did. He has a slower EXP gain and has much more difficulty killing cavs/mages, and it's pretty easy to get Catria kills in the very next chapter due to flight. 16 also looks a bit too high for Julian considering his massive suck during most of his existance.

Edited by BBblader