Do you feel bad...

Gatrie: Guns Blazing

Wait what?? how does a younger kid give off a serial rapost vibe??? I don't get it... I would understand that you feel that the vibe comes from you, but from a younger kid... I just don't get it. What kind of kids do you know? :mellow:

I'm thinkin' he worded it weirdly...

This kid lives near us, and I'm walking home from school one day while he's playing in the yard. I pass him and wave to him, because I knew the kid. I knew his sister a while back. He gets scared and runs the hell inside, and comes back out and explains later that he's not allowed to be near strangers, as if I was going to kidnap him.

;_;

It made me feel so bad...

This kid lives near us, and I'm walking home from school one day while he's playing in the yard. I pass him and wave to him, because I knew the kid. I knew his sister a while back. He gets scared and runs the hell inside, and comes back out and explains later that he's not allowed to be near strangers, as if I was going to kidnap him.

;_;

That's...actually pretty sad.

;_;

Wow. It really is sad the state society is in these days... :blink:

ok lemme explain.

EVERY DAY the kid (13 years old) tries to hang out with me. He always follows me around like a duckling and sometimes it gets rather creepy.

Maybe he is just bored and needs someone to hang around with. If he is creeping you out, maybe you should tell him...well...not so bluntly though XD

ok lemme explain.

EVERY DAY the kid (13 years old) tries to hang out with me. He always follows me around like a duckling and sometimes it gets rather creepy.

I know the type. One of my students had a serious crush on me and he was like 4 years younger than me. He was more the desperate type, than the future rapist type, though...

As for potential rapists in general... There is this creep who already harassed some of my co-workers. I knew he was the flirty type, but his flirting is starting to look more and more like sexual harassment. And to make everything extra fun, he's also the webmaster for a project I'm working on...

You're seriously creeped out by a 13 year old. Do you seriously think "Ohmgawd no he's gonna rape me!"? Do you live under a rock? HE'S 13 YEAR OLD BOY. THEY DO THAT STUFF. My little bro is 14 and he's still like that. They don't follow because they want to rape you( though if you're afraid of 13 year old you probably look like an easy target for REAL rapists), he's following you cuz he's 1) Bored, 2) WANTS ATTENTION, 3) is looking for some male role model(you fit the "older male" category, at least in physical appearance it seems), or 4) is extremely lonely and wants someone to talk to.

He's not gonna rape you. Talk to the kid. Try to endure for a while and who knows, the kid might actually provide you entertainment.

What Faiya said. Any of the three latter categories should be enough for me to not want to slap that kid in the face (although I really wouldn't otherwise because I'm a pacifist etc etc non-violence drabble). In socializing with him, you do a good deed as well, specifically in the fourth case. The fact that you feel threatened (and in such a way, even) by this kid makes me lol a wee bit.

Does Soren want to rape Ike?

I THINK NOT

How could someone younger than me try to rape me?

Good point, but hey, you never know, right?

I can own anyone who's shorter than I am.

Are you quite certain about that? My younger brother is both shorter than I am and disabled, and in the rare times that we tussle he actually tends to own me, and he's quite hard to hold down even with two other people to help.

And I actually do have friends who are much younger than I am; they're just not as stupid as other people their age.

Coming from you, I doubt the validity of that particular choice of wording.