• It doesn't really bother me too much
    • It's OK
    • I dislike it
    • I hate it
  2. 2. How should it have been used?

• The way it is
    • Optional
    • Not even in the game

I thought the tutorial was helpful on the first time through. I didn't have to use it on the second time through, so I have no probelms with it. I actually think that FE7 has the best tutorial in the series.

I actually think that FE7 has the best tutorial in the series.

I think FE9 and 10 have the best because you can play any mode without it.

FE8's tutorial was pretty much the same.

I played the series in the order Fe8, Fe9, Fe10, Fe7. I bought a used game so I could've skipped it, but I played it because I didn't want to miss out on anything. Even though I already knew how to play, I found it a great part of the game. LYN MODE = W1N MODE.

Also, I voted the helpful option and the way it is option.

Edited by Reinfleche

being the first game released in America it is supposed to be the first FE game to the a lot of people (me included) so it was really nice, in my first playthrough it was really helpful (it taught me how to play dah) and in the next playthorughs you can skip it so it isn't that annoying. Also it has a story and you use characters that you will continue to play with so it really doens't feel like a tutorial.

Being the first US game, it was great to have a tutorial to follow you through. I see no reason to hate it.

Besides, if it was that bothersome, you can just trade in LNM for LHM, since they're basically the same thing.

it's basically the building grounds for nintendo to bring over crybaby casual fans

I was really annoy with the Tutorial and upset that I was being treated like I didn't know anyone about JRPGS. TO me, Nintendo should had gave players the option to turn on the Tutorial if they knew gamers pirated fe games are skilled with RPG games of all kind.

It was good the first time around but once you know how to play it's annoying for it to come up everytime. It should've been optional. The one thing that stops me from playing Lyn mode. I haven't tried hard yet cause I usually play on normal so I skip Lyn mode just cause of the tutorial.

Tutorial was invaluable. Any annoyance on replay is either a) negated due to choosing LHM, b) minimal due to forced moved escapes, if for some reason your cart's memory was wiped and you're forced to replay LNM.

While I initially voted for "optional", I'm rethinking it, as there's a lot of folk who wouldn't choose it then, out of not wanting to RTFM, but then being boned by unfamiliarity. Tactics games were rare enough inAmerica during its introduction, and are still on the uncommon side, so mandatory was not a bad choice at all. Managed to have a near seamless fit with the storyline too, with the introduction of the Tactician character, although he quickly fades into the background when the real game begins. What's not to like?

Edited by Balcerzak

The tutorial mode here is all right. Personally, the best part about it is that you don't have to pay attention to it once you beat the game and can pick LHM. (For me, the most annoying parts about games are unskippable tutorials. Damn it, Riviera? Why did your tutorial have to be played through every time I played the game???

I thought the tutorial was helpful on the first time through. I didn't have to use it on the second time through, so I have no probelms with it. I actually think that FE7 has the best tutorial in the series.

Yeah. Only because the first six games were not localised outside of Japan. This makes me wonder if the Japanese version of this game has the tuteral. =\

Being the first US game, it was great to have a tutorial to follow you through. I see no reason to hate it.

Besides, if it was that bothersome, you can just trade in LNM for LHM, since they're basically the same thing.

It wasn't bothersome in the first playthrough, because you cannot access the HM in your first playthrough.

First time was okay, but I don't like it afterwards when the game forces you to do things.

Like promoting Wallace early. Yeah, it was annoying. >_<

----

For the option, I've picked "That it doesn't bother me much." This tuteral was helpful for me, since this is the first game that I have ever played when I've got into the Fire Emblem series. =)

to me it was extremely annoying, since i already had played through FE8 and FE9. but i do admit that for newbies to the series, it's an amazing tutorial, very complete and stuff. if only they had offered the option to turn off the tutorial in the beginning....

>_<

This makes me wonder if the Japanese version of this game has the tuteral. =\

It did. However, the JP version also had an option that allowed players to skip Lyn's mode if they linked their cartridge with a Sword of Seals cartridge.

At least, I'm pretty sure that's how things went.

Edited by Musashi

The tutorial was good my first time through, when I was completely unfamiliar with the entire series. Helped familiarize me with the weapons triangle, promotion, terrain tiles, and the like.

Only problem is that you have to play through the tutorial every time. If only in Lyn's story there was a Harder Mode that you could use so that you didn't have to waste time on the tutorial. [/sarcasm]

• 3 weeks later...