So now that the spamming is over...

Cynthia

I don't know if I can agree. I mean, everyone knows I'm bi, but I don't feel like they treat me different for it. It's not transgender, but it's still fairly out of the norm. If you had let everyone know that sooner, I don't think it would have made much of a difference. It's your actions that really count.

Bisexual is a LOT more common than transgenderism these days. Plus I don't expect you to notice the things I do, as you're not exactly looking for the same differences I am.

If I had said something sooner, I'd have been getting a lot of "tranny," and "lol gay," comments. Not to mention taking me seriously would be an impossibility because it would make me a target of interest to trolls. I chose to keep my business private due to such reasons.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bisexual is a LOT more common than transgenderism these days. Plus I don't expect you to notice the things I do, as you're not exactly looking for the same differences I am.

If I had said something sooner, I'd have been getting a lot of "tranny," and "lol gay," comments. Not to mention taking me seriously would be an impossibility because it would make me a target of interest to trolls. I chose to keep my business private due to such reasons.

I think you are highly underrating the maturity of this forum. I personally doubt anyone would have acted that way, and they would've been suspended if they had. It's not like people are giving those sorts of comments now, are they?

Well, it defines what you are, not who you are.

You're welcome. I'm a big softie on the inside of this shell of byass and spite

Also, when I say stuff that is "sweet" it's not because I'm hitting on the person, it's just because that's who I am.

If I was hitting on someone, I wouldn't be saying things that are "sweet".

And so what? Cynthia is a male. That's what he is.

What's byass?

I chose to keep my business private due to such reasons.

Chances are that the wisest decision would be to keep it private until the bitter end, given that it'll only affect your experience in a gaming forum if you're looking for online dating - which doesn't seem to be the case, as you say you've got a mate + DEVOTION.

I think you are highly underrating the maturity of this forum. I personally doubt anyone would have acted that way, and they would've been suspended if they had. It's not like people are giving those sorts of comments now, are they?

I got about 5 anonymous AIM messages with such comments in the past 20 minutes... All from alt accounts I'm sure, and I doubt people just RANDOMLY found me. I think you're OVERRATING the maturity of the forum.

And so what? Cynthia is a male. That's what he is.

What's byass?

Yes. That is what he is. But that's not her concern. That's not something she is bounded to. There's a sort of spirituality to this. If you believe in that sort of thing.

And you don't want to know what byass is. Just pretend I meant "bias."

Chances are that the wisest decision would be to keep it private until the bitter end, given that it'll only affect your experience in a gaming forum if you're looking for online dating - which doesn't seem to be the case, as you say you've got a mate + DEVOTION.

I didn't do it for the "forum," really I did it to be honest to my so called friends, which I'm sorry to say I'm disappointed in a handful of them.

I'll be leaving soon anyways.

I got about 5 anonymous AIM messages with such comments in the past 20 minutes... All from alt accounts I'm sure, and I doubt people just RANDOMLY found me. I think you're OVERRATING the maturity of the forum.

How do you know it's not just one person with 5 different accounts. I'm sure we all know at least one person who's that much of a jackass.

I won't mention names, but I'm sure others will.

MATURITY is a badly-defined and overrated term. But, that aside... I call that an "expected consequence". This forum's population is mostly made of teenagers, many influenced by the way 4chan works. The more puerile ones will behave here because of the mods, but they won't waste a possibility of laying the smackdown behind the veil of anonimity and beyond the authority of the mods.

How do you know it's not just one person with 5 different accounts. I'm sure we all know at least one person who's that much of a jackass.

I won't mention names, but I'm sure others will.

Possibly, but still it's the fact of the matter.

I'm sure it's at least two considering I saw three logged on at once and they were created at different times (AIM tells me when accounts were made). Not like there's much the staff can do though since it was on AIM...

Edited by Cynthia

Part of that may well be because you waited until a time like now to let this out. If you said this upon joining, I doubt it would have happened, and appropriate action would've been taken if it had. But now, people have thought you were a girl for a while and the drama you've now caused has effects.

Also, I'm highly disappointed in those members who PM'ed you, especially if they are active members I'm familiar with. I used to get made fun of quite often for my own orientation and I won't tolerate anyone doing it in a place I have authority.

I didn't do it for the "forum," really I did it to be honest to my so called friends, which I'm sorry to say I'm disappointed in a handful of them.

I'll be leaving soon anyways.

You had three options:

1) Stay quiet.

2) Private messaging.

3) This.

The option you chose has an infinitely higher potential for drama, and is also infinitely more interesting for trolls.

It's also infinitely more entertaining, so it isn't like I'm complaining.

Every time I reload this page, a new post shows up.

Which is why I said this is the new FE4 thread.

This thread will remain popular until it's locked. Mark my words.

Part of that may well be because you waited until a time like now to let this out. If you said this upon joining, I doubt it would have happened, and appropriate action would've been taken if it had. But now, people have thought you were a girl for a while and the drama you've now caused has effects.

Also, I'm highly disappointed in those members who PM'ed you, especially if they are active members I'm familiar with. I used to get made fun of quite often for my own orientation and I won't tolerate anyone doing it in a place I have authority.

I highly doubt it would have changed much, I'd still have gotten said PMs I'm pretty sure. There's no way to prove that I wouldn't have.

That being said I wish you the best of luck.

Also my gender preference has NOTHING to do with my orientation so that people don't make the confusion.

I highly doubt it would have changed much, I'd still have gotten said PMs I'm pretty sure. There's no way to prove that I wouldn't have.

Also my gender preference has NOTHING to do with my orientation so that people don't make the confusion.

And there's no way to prove you would have either.

You, too. Have fun.

I know that, and you know that, but when one's gender preference isn't perfectly straight, some people tend to see it as, like you said, "lolgay."

You had three options:

1) Stay quiet.

2) Private messaging.

3) This.

The option you chose has an infinitely higher potential for drama, and is also infinitely more interesting for trolls.

It's also infinitely more entertaining, so it isn't like I'm complaining.

Which is why I said this is the new FE4 thread.

This thread will remain popular until it's locked. Mark my words.

Once again this is all assumptions. I honestly put a little bit more faith in the maturity of the members here. I mean I was very doubtful they would have accepted it, but I put my trust in them. I'm sorry to say I was foolish to do so, and they have gravely disappointed me.

The only mistake I made was to trust them.

Yes. That is what he is. But that's not her concern. That's not something she is bounded to. There's a sort of spirituality to this. If you believe in that sort of thing.

And you don't want to know what byass is. Just pretend I meant "bias."

Nah I'm not a spiritual person. I'm an atheist and really am more of a realist about things. And I think byass is just your terrible spelling ^_^

I got a feeling this topic will never end until a mod closes it XD

Oh you

Random new people with quirky gender preference? Troll bait potential 10.

Established member with just-disclosed quirky gender preference? Troll bait potential 215.7.

My two cents.