Toradora !

AceNoctali

Hello everyone.

So one of my current favourite series is Toradora !, which I discovered only 2 months ago during my trip in Japan. Watched all 15 episodes aired so far, read the first 15 chapters of the manga, and currently deciphering reading the 1st volume of the original support, aka the light novel. (Yeah, I know there's fan translations of the first 4 light novel volumes floating on the web, but I prefer reading it in its original Japanese format).

It seems at first a light hearted romantic comedy series, but the very deep character cast (seriously, you can't go wrong with such strong, amusing, and engaging chars as Minori - the one in my sig ; "FAKE BREAST SPECIAL FORCES" quote FTW ! :D -, Ryûji, and especially Ami) and the sharp narration soon makes this series way deeper than one's could thought.

So, is there anyone here following this series ?

Edited by AceNoctali

I watched some of Toradora! whilst I was on my winter break, I reached episode ten. It's a lot of fun, I've quite enjoyed watching it. I intend to resume watching the series when I can. I unfortunately haven't looked into either the manga or the novels, but I think I might like to give them both a try at some point in the relatively near future. Assuming you recommend the series, I do as well.

Edited by Wist

I've watched the first four episodes and followed most of the rest through summaries and screencaps. (I really should just watch them all.)

Minori has to be my favourite. She's the only one on the show to make me laugh out loud so far. XD

• 1 month later...

Bumping this because there's no point to making a second topic. Toradora! is an awesome series, with the anime being near it's end finally. I intend to read the light novels and manga though too, if I can find translations.

I actually just recently picked this up, when I heard it get recommended elsewhere, and remembered that Ace had had nothing but good things to say about it, but by that time the topic was pretty dead, and I was debating on whether or not to post. That said, I picked up the AniYoshi subs, which are a few weeks behind still, but maybe I'll watch CoalGuys if I get tired of waiting.

As far as discussion goes

I totally called that Kitamura had a crush on the student council president.

Was anybody actually surprised by that? Also I'm really hoping Tora and Dora get together in the end. I mean, Minorin is great and all, but...

I will be sad when the anime run is over, and will likely also be seeking refuge in the manga or light novels.

I actually just recently picked this up, when I heard it get recommended elsewhere, and remembered that Ace had had nothing but good things to say about it, but by that time the topic was pretty dead, and I was debating on whether or not to post. That said, I picked up the AniYoshi subs, which are a few weeks behind still, but maybe I'll watch CoalGuys if I get tired of waiting.

Was anybody actually surprised by that? Also I'm really hoping Tora and Dora get together in the end. I mean, Minorin is great and all, but...

I will be sad when the anime run is over, and will likely also be seeking refuge in the manga or light novels.

Nah I wasn't surprised by that. I kinda feel bad for Minorin though.

It appears she actually likes Ryuuji, but for the sake of Taiga, she refuses to be with him.

Bumping this because there's no point to making a second topic. Toradora! is an awesome series, with the anime being near it's end finally. I intend to read the light novels and manga though too, if I can find translations.

Thanks for bumping the thread, Jyo. I owe you one. :)

The light novel is currently translated by fans, and so far the first 4 volumes are translated. I can give you the link towards the translation site, but I dunno if, in that case, that goes against the forum's TOS. Your take on this problem ?

I adore this one :D

And...

Toradoriangular

Taiga & Ryuuji's Gourmet Race

Can't remember the name of the song :/

ToraEva previews

Hoshi no BakaChi

Minori Kushieda VS Seto Kaiba !!

No, I personnally wasn't. Thanks to the few hints dispersed here and there before the Kitamura Arc, it was up in the air IMO.

For the end pairing... I've read parts of voule 10 of the Light Novel, and I know how the series will end. But I won't tell, as the anime will end in the next 2 episodes. :P

--------

So the light novel's last volume was released a few days ago, and there's 2 episodes before the anime is over as well. And let's just say that the end of the most recently aired episode, 23, was really full of tension.

I say Toradora was one of the enjoyable series I've read and seen recently, and I'll say it again and again : this one is a must-watch. Both the comedy and drama parts are extremely well handled, and the characters are deep and enjoyable.

For those who aren't convinced, here's a few awesome extracts from the anime :

MI~~TSU~~KE~~TEEEHHHA

Diet Warriors

(this, my friends, is a LEGENDARY anime moment. :P)

Flatchested

(the real fun on this vid starts at 0:45)

• 2 months later...

So this anime, I know I said it before the major data loss, but I'll say it again.

It was fucking amazing, I loved every episode. 25 episodes was simply not enough. I want more Taiga, too - I loved her, as well as how [do not read spoiler unless you have finished watching the anime]

her relationship with Yuusaku developed

throughout the series.

Another series please. <3

I finished the series. Btw, does anyone know what the hell Toradora SOS is?

Yeah. It's like a 5 minute short with the main characters chibified. It's not really anything special, and has nothing to do with the main plot. Notice I gave it a 6 on MAL.

So this anime, I know I said it before the major data loss, but I'll say it again.

It was fucking amazing, I loved every episode. 25 episodes was simply not enough. I want more Taiga, too - I loved her, as well as how [do not read spoiler unless you have finished watching the anime]

her relationship with Yuusaku developed

throughout the series.

Another series please. <3

"Dont really care" is what I thought when I watch first ep and "Damn, more Toradora! more Taiga!!!" is what I thought when I was watching the second ep...

Yeah. It's like a 5 minute short with the main characters chibified. It's not really anything special, and has nothing to do with the main plot. Notice I gave it a 6 on MAL.

And personnally, I preferred the "Today's Inko-chan" parts of the Toradora SOS', rather the main parts of them. Go figure XD

I adore when video games inspired from the original source don't forget to make nice and subtle references to scenes of the source.

Just look at

, the massive crossover game of the Dengeki Bunko Light Novels series :P

And personnally, I preferred the "Today's Inko-chan" parts of the Toradora SOS', rather the main parts of them. Go figure XD

I adore when video games inspired from the original source don't forget to make nice and subtle references to scenes of the source.

Just look at

, the massive crossover game of the Dengeki Bunko Light Novels series :P

At 2:15 in that video, I recognize Index from the anime To Aru Majutsu no Index. Will this game be released outside Japan?

The vice acting is great too, especially for a DS game.

In fact, there's a whole host of characters I notice from different anime's, another one being Dokuro from Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan... I want this game.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for bumping the thread, Jyo. I owe you one. :)

The light novel is currently translated by fans, and so far the first 4 volumes are translated. I can give you the link towards the translation site, but I dunno if, in that case, that goes against the forum's TOS. Your take on this problem ?

Oh sorry, I haven't had time to catch up on these threads. Linking to translations isn't a problem.