Brisingr inspired me...

Freohr Datia

To make a sword of my own. (Brisingr's a book to those who don't know)

I read the part where the character, Eragon, makes a sword for himself. It was something really special! =o

Now I wanna make a sword of my own to be very special! =)

First, I wanna know what color I wanna make it. I had two thoughts.

1. Make the color based off my favorite color. I decided this because Dragon Riders' swords (for those who don't know, Eragon's supposed ta be a Dragon Rider) normally are based off of the color of their dragons, and I didn't have one...

Then I remembered... I do have a dragon!!! =o I invented one!

2. The dragon is Skyrah.

I thought, but the dragon isn't my favorite color. I kinda wanted it to be my favorite color! Plus, the swords are kinda to be based on the wielder... Then I remembered that the color of my dragon is also the color of my font!!! =o I'd gone the whole time not even noticing that!

So that made me think I want it to be the color of my dragon since it's the color I use on here, so that makes the sword more like that it's based off of the wielder!

Got that down. Now...

I have to name it. I wanna make it based off of the Ancient Language of the books (the language of the book is the language I use in my name). Next two options:

1. name of it in the Ancient Language to be based on my affinity (from FE) There's this quiz I remember taking. I tried twice before, and I got Thunder and I got Light. If I'm using my affinity, I need to take the quiz again to see which one I should truly use.

2. name it in the Ancient Language based on a word that describes me. This is where you guyz come in! Maybe you could tell me a word that describes me and I can see if I can find it in the language... But that may be too hard, so maybe I won't do that.

Another reason why #2 probably won't work... Whatever describes me may not suit the sword... Why do I think this? Here's an exerpt from the book.

Eragon: "Well, what if I named it Hope in the ancient language? Zar'roc" (another sword - enemy's) "means 'misery,' so wouldn't it be fitting if I were to wield a sword that by its very name would counteract misery?"

Saphira (Eragon's dragon - female): "A noble sentiment, said Saphira. But do you really want to give your enimies hope? Do you want to stab Galbatorix with hope?" (Galbatorix is the main enemy)

That's my point... If I have some certain word to describe me... It may not fit that well! XD

So affinity wins.

Now... what would the name for the affinities be? Here's what I've gathered so far.

Light: Garjzla

Lightning (/thunder): Kveykva

Earth: Deloi

Fire: Brisingr (though since that's what Eragon named his blade... maybe I should choose something else)

Water: Adurna

I don't have Heaven... but how 'bout... Star: Evarinya? I think I'll do that

They don't have Dark translated... so I'll go with Shadow: Freohr

Sadly, I don't think they have Wind... And there's nothing I can use as a replacement... So I'll just have to hope that I don't get that as the new result.

For Fire's replacement, I think I will use Sun: Solus

Then I have to think of many other things to come up with for how my sword looks.

And after thinking all that... This gave me another reason for making this topic...

Would anyone else want a sword? Do you want me to make one?

Does anyone think I should go to Creative section and make a topic called Swordcraft Shop? It can give me something to do when I'm not on here! =)

So does anyone want me to make one for them too?