Homosexuality

lolDeath

I love scientology in its purest sense. It's just so amazing. Homosexuals are sexual perverts who must be placed in quarantine far from society as a way of curing, and to prevent further abuse of children.

Scientologists, on the other hand...

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love scientology in its purest sense. It's just so amazing. Homosexuals are sexual perverts who must be placed in quarantine far from society as a way of curing, and to prevent further abuse of children.

Scientologists, on the other hand...

Please tell me you were being sarcastic with that first paragraph; any religion that believes that births should be silent and that people should eat their baby's placenta is well out of touch with reality.

So, I'd been thinking of maybe writing up something for this topic for awhile, but hadn't yet got around to it. While I'm sure I could go off for ages on some of the specific aspects (like Christianity vs Homosexuality, and the common misconceptions), but that's not really the mandate of the topic here, from what I gather (and from a comment I think I saw a mod make midway through the thread here). So I'll try to stick to the actual questions posed "So what are your thoughts on it? Against, for, impartial?"

First, let me just say a couple things. On an irrational, emotional level I find that some aspects of homosexuality make me a little squeamish. Particularly the male-on-male aspects. I do my best to think things out logically though, and when you apply reason to things, all of the objections really seem to disappear.

Consider for a moment the following situation: You're blindfolded, and someone suddenly comes up and kisses you. There's no realistic way for you to know what sex that person was (barring facial hair), as I'm pretty sure the range of individual variation within a sex of such features as tongue or lip texture, or teeth alignement, etc. are more than large enough to cover any potential sexually based differences (which I highly doubt exist). A mouth is a mouth, whether it belongs to a man, or to a woman, and how would you know the difference unless informed by sight? The arguement can be extended from kissing, to oral pleasure. I mean, realistically, how is getting a blow-job from a man any different from getting one from a woman? So what really is there to get squeamish or concerned about? Anal sex? You can have that with a woman as easily with a man, though to be fair, there are probably quite a bit more intrinsic differences here due to proximity to genitalia. Realistically, there just doesn't seem to be any well-grounded cause for concern or hullabaloo. And this isn't just about homosexuality, but specifically about homosexual sexual acts, which shoots down one of the (if I'm not mistaken) Catholic, but perhaps more generally Christian, distinctions that I often see being made.

As far as it being a "decision", in my (factually supported) opinion that's bull-shit. As I've understood through my limited research, homosexuality is biological. When this is said, this doesn't imply that there is a "gay gene" or anything of the sort, as science has pretty much come to the conclusion that nature (genes) and nurture (environmental) both play vitally important roles in shaping behaviour. It's quite possibly that there exist genes that would tend to predispose one's development to result in them being homosexual, but I don't doubt that environmental factors (such as say the levels of pre-natal hormones in the mother's body while the fetus is developing) also play significant roles.

Conclusion: Homosexuality is natural, and while it's not for everyone, there's nothing wrong with it, so long as it's consensual.

As good as your explanation is, I'm afraid it's somewhat wasted. The biggest aspect of those against homosexuality is irrationality. As in a pokemon game, "THOUGHTFULPEOPLE used Logic! But it failed!"

Just something I heard earlier (and isn't directed at the poster)...

Gay people often use drugs? Try telling people to stop ridiculing on them, and they wouldn't be. It's funny how people like to blame their own faults on others, and in turn try to take away their rights. then again, marriage is a joke anyways, so...lol

You know, I really wanted to post in this topic after the first page. But now, it's just bleh. Like eating too much cheesecake; too much of a delicious thing.

I'll be in my ready room. Carry on.

Edited by Black Knight

Just something I heard earlier (and isn't directed at the poster)...

Gay people often use drugs? Try telling people to stop ridiculing on them, and they wouldn't be. It's funny how people like to blame their own faults on others, and in turn try to take away their rights. then again, marriage is a joke anyways, so...lol

Straight people often use drugs too.

BK. Do it.

Gays also brainwash children into choosing to be gay (aka, provide a source).

If you didn't know, I was referring to you. It's quite interesting how your views change over a period of a few posts, and you seem to forget everything you've written thus far in the topic. :(

If you didn't know, I was referring to you. It's quite interesting how your views change over a period of a few posts, and you seem to forget everything you've written thus far in the topic. :(

I'm smiling right now.

:)

You have made me smile.

:)

This is me smiling.

:(

Are you talking about while I was giving examples of all the bullshit people make up about homosexuality? Either that or you're confused. Either way poor show.

I used "either" too many times in this post.. shit.

Edited by Death

Are you talking about while I was giving examples of all the bullshit people make up about homosexuality? Either that or you're confused. Either way poor show.

I used "either" too many times in this post.. shit.

A lesson learned: sarcasm doesn't work when people spout random bullcrap. What kind of examples were those? Come on. Doing drugs more than straight people? You can come up with better examples than that.

Assuming you are talking about what I am talking about, I clearly stated that I was listing examples of the stupid shit people make up. I see no reason to provide premium examples of bullshit, it's all the same.

It doesn't help any when the examples you gave are barely applied in real life. Most of the time, it's just religious crap, which you seem to have thrown out the window. (ps. not saying that all religions do)

Besides, I get your point, but it could really be written better.

Edited by Eltoshen

Try to stick with me, I am going to try to explain this as c l e a r l y as I can just for you.

At that point in the discussion I was talking about things people fabricate in order to attack homosexuality, I clearly stated that before I listed any examples, it is not my problem that you don't feel like reading, now please stop wasting my time.

Okay, I'll just tell you something real quick.

At that point in the topic, you threw out the whole "religious bullcrap" when that's really the only thing that really stands in the way. The other stuff you mentioned are things only ignorant people would say.

I wasn't saying any of that was right, it was examples of stupidity, which was also very clear. You are an incredibly poor reader apparently, as you are the only person unable to comprehend this.

Now at this point I completely lose interest in your opinion after multiple attempts to clarify and stop replying to you.

Anybody can tell you were giving examples. How hard is it for you to understand that those examples/rumors were meaningless and don't actually occur in real life? You need to get out more, if you really think people actually spout that shit.

Anybody can tell you were giving examples. How hard is it for you to understand that those examples/rumors were meaningless and don't actually occur in real life? You need to get out more, if you really think people actually spout that shit.

Finally you say something worth replying to, figures it would be right after I initially lose interest.

I think you're the one who needs to get out more, being as I have been around it being said in person, seen it being said in debates, and all those other things that lead me to believe that it actually occurs.

And as the fabic of reality was rent, right became wrong, sky became earth, and nonsense became coherent.

I understand.

Yes, because it's raining cats and dogs, am I right? :(

And to Death: Alright, I get you. It must be the difference in our peers. You, being your intelligent debate buddies, and me, being my un-smart friends (yes, I really said that). I can guarantee you that I have never heard of anything you mentioned actually occuring though.

Edited by Eltoshen