Homosexuality

lolDeath

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not that the religion is intolerant; it's that the people that pay attention to Leviticus and Deuteronomy and those books of the Bible choose not to pay attention to the New Testament (which, ironically enough, is the centerpoint of Catholicism and Christianity in general).

Fair enough :P

Like what?

If gay marriage is legal children will be taught to be gay. If gay marriage is legal it threatens heterosexual marriage. If gay marriage is legal someone is going to war with America (I forgot the country named). Gay marriage being legal will set off a chain of events ending with the apocalypse. If gay marriage is legal they are all going to adopt straight kids and trick them into choosing to be gay. Gay people are commonly drug addicts.

If you want more just say the word, I have quite literally dozens committed to memory.

Now, everyone else, read here. Keep your religious bullshit in topics about religion. If you can't think for yourself and have to quote a book to post your stance on this subject then it is not your stance and you do not need to post.

If gay marriage is legal children will be taught to be gay. If gay marriage is legal it threatens heterosexual marriage. If gay marriage is legal someone is going to war with America (I forgot the country named). Gay marriage being legal will set off a chain of events ending with the apocalypse. If gay marriage is legal they are all going to adopt straight kids and trick them into choosing to be gay. Gay people are commonly drug addicts.

If you want more just say the word, I have quite literally dozens committed to memory.

Now, everyone else, read here. Keep your religious bullshit in topics about religion. If you can't think for yourself and have to quote a book to post your stance on this subject then it is not your stance and you do not need to post.

Sure, tell us more. Do you know them because you were one of the people spouting them off?

Edited by Delmud

Sure, tell us more. Do you know them because you were one of the people spouting them off?

Death seems more intelligent than that. I'd imagine it's because he hears it all the time and is sick to death of it all.

Here's a verse.

Leviticus 18:22

“Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

The Holy Bible: Title Page

"To my lovely wife Mary. All characters and stories contained in this book are ficticious. The words are mine alone and not of a magical entity."

The only one I believe that the Mormons have actually said was the one about the apocalypse, mainly because they always say the apocalypse is near and back it up with big issues of today, a popular Mormon scare tactic, if I may.

Edgard has the right idea. When I hear these things I sometimes have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that these lies are effective, so they stick to memory.

There is a gay conspiracy to weaken the morals of America (I laughed so fucking hard). Homosexuals are demon-possessed. I remember one about actually forcing people to be gay but I don't remember exactly how it goes. We are fighting to save the definition of marriage (even though they defied the supreme court and -amended- the state constitution). If gays can get married AIDS will spread at a greater rate.

I am kind of getting sick of remembering these things, but trust me, there's a looot of them.

r9k, Dig, I assure you there is easy to find solid evidence that several lies come from Mormons. I don't want to derail this topic into me talking about how much I loathe them though, so I need to stop.

Edited by Death

The Holy Bible: Title Page

"To my lovely wife Mary. All characters and stories contained in this book are ficticious. The words are mine alone and not of a magical entity."

Actually, Pope Leo the 13th has a religious writing lying around somewhere that says something to the effect of 'people did not have science in mind when they wrote the Bible'. It's not specifically about homosexuality in America, but it tackles the wider issue of Christian fundamentalism where he says we're not supposed to take the Bible word for word, but as a spiritual guide. Which, even to this day, people still take the fundamentalist approach to reading the bible...

The only one I believe that the Mormons have actually said was the one about the apocalypse, mainly because they always say the apocalypse is near and back it up with big issues of today, a popular Mormon scare tactic, if I may.

I'm pretty sure the other sects of Protestantism were responsible for the rest of them...

Mormons are definitely crazy people (especially for that stunt that the prophet pulled when they bought Coca-Cola), so I wouldn't be surprised.

I'm actually wondering how Scientology looks at homosexuality, as it's probably even crazier than Mormonism's view on homosexuality.

I would just like to say that the people who say "gays are gonna end the world" or "gays are gonna come in the night and kill us all" are the radical minority in just about every religious group. Their beliefs are about as relevant as probably the same amount of homosexuals who think straights are evil. I'm not saying that they're right, just that they happen to get all the attention because crazy people make news.

And while people may say that religion should be kept out of this, it's going to be a part regardless. All people who are really serious about their religion use it to make most if not ALL their life decisions, this included.

I'm actually wondering how Scientology looks at homosexuality, as it's probably even crazier than Mormonism's view on homosexuality.

I'm really not meaning to give an overly simple answer, but they are against it in the same way they look down on non-whites. No real reasons have ever been given, just LRH recorded on tape saying "nigger this" and "fag that".

^ Reason. Immoral. Ha ha, thanks for posting that.

Edited by Death

All people who are really serious about their religion use it to make most if not ALL their life decisions, this included.

Well, I use it mostly for my moral values more than decisions. However, there are times when it helps me with decisions.

Well, I use it mostly for my moral values more than decisions. However, there are times when it helps me with decisions.

Yeah, it's taking the easy way out. Because who needs to decide anything for themselves when they have a book?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_and_Scientology

I didn't read that much of it, but it really isn't much better. :/

I stopped reading in the middle of the Classifying Homosexuality section. That is some pretty retarded stuff, especially considering that Scientology is itself practiced by people that are mentally unwell (stupid, to be quite blunt).

I stopped reading in the middle of the Classifying Homosexuality section. That is some pretty retarded stuff, especially considering that Scientology is itself practiced by people that are mentally unwell (stupid, to be quite blunt).

Now now, we must treat Scientology with respect as with any other belief.

Edgard has the right idea. When I hear these things I sometimes have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that these lies are effective, so they stick to memory.

There is a gay conspiracy to weaken the morals of America (I laughed so fucking hard). Homosexuals are demon-possessed. I remember one about actually forcing people to be gay but I don't remember exactly how it goes. We are fighting to save the definition of marriage (even though they defied the supreme court and -amended- the state constitution). If gays can get married AIDS will spread at a greater rate.

I am kind of getting sick of remembering these things, but trust me, there's a looot of them.

r9k, Dig, I assure you there is easy to find solid evidence that several lies come from Mormons. I don't want to derail this topic into me talking about how much I loathe them though, so I need to stop.

Yes, lies do come from Mormons. I would know, I used to be one of them. *gets ready to press "add reply" but is overcome with fear*

No thanks?

Yes, lies do come from Mormons. I would know, I used to be one of them. *gets ready to press "add reply" but is overcome with fear*

No thanks?

Ha ha ha! Absolutely not. Scientology is a joke, its creator a proven fraud. Anyone who actually practices Scientology surely suffers from some kind of mental illness.

No thanks?
Ha ha ha! Absolutely not. Scientology is a joke, its creator a proven fraud. Anyone who actually practices Scientology surely suffers from some kind of mental illness.

I think he was being sarcastic. =/

There is a gay Jew conspiracy to weaken the morals of America Germany.

Hehe. Sorry, I couldn't help but point this comparison out to people. Sound familiar anyone?

Just make sure you don't say that to a Scientologist. You'll get sued and framed for bomb threats.