I never really thought about this...

oh ok. I thought whisper was Sothe exclusive

Nah, Sothe and Heather promote into a Whisper. I say Sothe is better.

I used Heather. She is quite good but not as good as Sothe =/

Edited by Judge Judy

From a Class perspective, Heather's better. Sothe should be treated like a Swordmaster that uses Knives. Heather is winning in most of the stats that a Whisper needs.

Sothe can deal damage. Therefore, Sothe wins.

Heather also has loldefense and will be underleveled for just about all of the game.

Underleveled? No. Underpowered? Yes. Her base level is like, 9 I think. With the ability to steal and pick off weak enemies, she won't be underleveled though.

Underleveled? No. Underpowered? Yes. Her base level is like, 9 I think. With the ability to steal and pick off weak enemies, she won't be underleveled though.

The very few Vulneries she'll be able to steal without being raeped? I don't think they'll be able to supply her with enough levels to keep up.

The very few Vulneries she'll be able to steal without being raeped? I don't think they'll be able to supply her with enough levels to keep up.

Some vulneraries, some statboosters, a gem or two, and a few weak enemies to kill will keep her up if you plan on keeping her up.

It's quite possible for Heather to keep up with your team if you use her to your fullest.

She won't be underleveled, it's just that it's not really worth fully utilizing her since Stone-faced Sothe is required.

Edited by HeroMystic

The only items that I can think of that really need to be stolen in Part 3 are the items the Begnion Senators have in 3-3. Also, Heather's killing, like nothing. Not even, like, Archers. Knives + Fail Strength does not a good unit make.

The only items that I can think of that really need to be stolen in Part 3 are the items the Begnion Senators have in 3-3. Also, Heather's killing, like nothing. Not even, like, Archers. Knives + Fail Strength does not a good unit make.

Part 2? There are a good amount of items in her 3 chapters to steal there. And then there's always Disarm in part 3. Other things that make her actually a pretty good unit are the fact that she can find hidden items better than anyone and almost never gets hit.

There's also Lombroso's Energy Drop, a Statue Frag and Elixir in 3-2, and a few Coins throughout. Not to mention 3-10's shitload of staves/light magic.

You can do without all that stuff. Sothe is forced in the endgame and you're better off having another fighter/healer/mage over another Whisper.

If Sothe wasn't forced however, I wouldn't have second thoughts on using the lesbian with the big boobsHeather.

I'm not arguing that Heather>Sothe. That's preposterous. I'm arguing that Heather is still pretty useful as a unit and not given enough credit.

I personally don't use either of them. Even though Sothe is forced, I still don't use him to kill anything cause I can do without him (except on hard so far). Stealing things isn't part of my playstyle cause I can do without all those things so I have no use for Sothe (except weakening enemies and supporting Micaiah) and Heather. Besides, Heather takes up a spot on the GMs and I don't want to give up a spot just so she can steal things that I don't really need.

I took Heather to endgame once and she couldn't kill anything. I felt bad for her so I fed her a couple of kills and she ended up being #3 on my top 5. I'm not using her again after that. Maybe for stealing in part 2, 3-2 and 3-5 (only the chapters where she's not taking up a space that could be used for someone better) but that's it.

Edited by KSFF2150

I'm not arguing that Heather>Sothe. That's preposterous.

I know you're not.

I'm arguing that Heather is still pretty useful as a unit and not given enough credit.

"Pretty useful" would be a bit much no? Sure the items she can steal have some use but like I said, you can do without them... easily. She takes up a slot during the GM chapters and her combat isn't great =\

I know you're not.

"Pretty useful" would be a bit much no? Sure the items she can steal have some use but like I said, you can do without them... easily. She takes up a slot during the GM chapters and her combat isn't great =\

You could say the same about Colm or Volke in FE8/9, but they're still great characters. Point is, Heather alone can get these items, they give her 10 free experience, and they can be very useful, especially when it's giving someone +2 attack power or being sold for 10,000. She's worth the slot for when the ability is needed.

I'm not arguing that Heather>Sothe. That's preposterous. I'm arguing that Heather is still pretty useful as a unit and not given enough credit.

I agree with you; Heather is underrated.

I think Heather's starting stats can cause many people to form an instant opinion that she's crap and isn't worth the trouble without giving her a go. If people were focusing a lot on Sothe in Part 1 and he were at the same level or higher, he'd be surpassing her in most stats by now. Heather's speed is great, but her low strength and defense can ruin her. Of course, there's also the fact that Sothe is a forced unit so you might as well bump him up so he won't be completely useless in endgame.

Still, Sothe can't be everywhere at once, so if people want to steal things they're stuck with Heather :P

The thing about Heather is that she's only good for stealing. Her worth depends on how much you value her stealing abilities. If you don't need/want anything that she can steal, she'll be useless. If you want the things that can be stolen, she'll be useful. As a combat unit, she fails. You could build up an early support with her and Nephenee just to give Neph some extra attack power but she still takes up a better character's spot.

Edited by KSFF2150

When ever I use Heather I tend to battlesave abuse so she can grow in strength, same with Mist if I want to use her as an attacking unit. The problem with Heather is unlike in FE9 there aren't as many chests/items to steal. Many people chosed to use Volke (or Sothe) because many chapters had chests and since he's on the field for so often you might as well use him. For Heather there are no chests except for 4-4 and if you've been saving you chest keys you'd have enough, while there are great opportunities for Heather to steal from enemy units there aren't many chapters that need her and for the chapters that you do you can bring her at base level steal what you wanted and have her hide for the rest of the chapter.