Healing Units.

Liz

i really think that the healing units should be buffed up.

as in the priests/clerics/etc. and troubadours/valkyries.

just to offset the fact that they can only heal in the beginning and are hard to raise

i liked that in RD they could actually counter attack (although they usually couldnt whomp shit up with their staff, unless they are Elincia)

but i see what youre getting at..healers require alot of handholding

I think that they should just get more EXP each time they heal. That way, they could catch up to the other party members! ^.^

FE11/FEDS/FESD. Healers are by far the fastest leveling units in H5.

I usually raise at least 1 healer in the GBA games (2 in FEDS) and they're never too far behind the others.

I think that they should just get more EXP each time they heal. That way, they could catch up to the other party members! ^.^

They gain more experience than combat units already. Why should they get a bigger boost?

i really think that the healing units should be buffed up.

as in the priests/clerics/etc. and troubadours/valkyries.

just to offset the fact that they can only heal in the beginning and are hard to raise

I am a big fan of staff users and Valkyrie is my favorite class. Maybe that's why I never have a problem training healers. It would help if they could be raised faster but that would make them more broken than they already are.

I think it would be best for them to be able to counter like in FE10, and have EXP growth like in FEDS, but aside from that I think they can stay. I usually use a lot of healing units (not necessarily at once...) and I'm generally fine. They should have overkill upgrades, IMO.

Hard to raise? Wha? Healers are like, some of the easiest units to train in the series because they don't compete with others for experience. They're usually some of the best characters in their games as it is, like Clarine, Serra, Priscilla, Moulder, Natasha, L'Arachel (IMO anyway), Mist, Laura, and Mist.

Staff users are broken. Warp, Silence, Berserk, Sleep, etc. They're overpowered. I've been training a staff user ever since my very first FE playthrough (Priscilla reached 20, I think) and there was no problem training them. I think everything is perfectly fine the way it is.

Hard to raise? Wha? Healers are like, some of the easiest units to train in the series because they don't compete with others for experience. They're usually some of the best characters in their games as it is, like Clarine, Serra, Priscilla, Moulder, Natasha, L'Arachel (IMO anyway), Mist, Laura, and Mist.

good point! but at least they should have the ability to counter-attack like in FE10.

Staff users are broken. Warp, Silence, Berserk, Sleep, etc. They're overpowered. I've been training a staff user ever since my very first FE playthrough (Priscilla reached 20, I think) and there was no problem training them. I think everything is perfectly fine the way it is.

my main complaint against them is the fact that they can't counter-attack. they should implement the staff-counterattack of FE10 to all future Fire Emblem games, methinks.

good point! but at least they should have the ability to counter-attack like in FE10.

my main complaint against them is the fact that they can't counter-attack. they should implement the staff-counterattack of FE10 to all future Fire Emblem games, methinks.

Why's that?

Edited by Levin

Staff users are broken. Warp, Silence, Berserk, Sleep, etc. They're overpowered. I
Have you considered that maybe the Staves themselves might be overpowered?

Also, Healers already got nerfed. Now the Healing formula is Mag/2, which I think is what it should of been all along.

And what's people's problem with them leveling up too fast? It's not like they're going to be towering above every other unit in stats because of a level lead.

because i like it, and at least them healers aren't sitting ducks when someone attacks them.

Just a teeny bit of damage would make such a difference? The way I see it, counter-attacking with staves would only make them more broken since they'll gain combat EXP by just counter-attacking AND allow a second healer to be leveled up quickly as well.

Edited by Levin

I like using healers. Their stats could be buffed a little but I'd rather they just gain more exp for healing. In my experience, they usually tend to fall behind the rest of the team even though they're not competing for exp. If they keep the counter attack thing with the staves from FE10, they better make them do a little amount of damage. I found it pointless in RD cause even if they could counter with staves they weren't doing any damage which is basically the same thing as not being able to counter at all.

Edited by KSFF2150

Countering with staves was more bad than good. It meant characters like Elincia and Mist wouldn't auto-equip a sword after healing and so be useless on the enemy phase should they get attacked.
This could be solved by not treating the Staves as equipped weapons if they're actually used for Healing, since "Staff" is a separate command from attack, but yeah, that does sound like an awful oversight.

This could be solved by not treating the Staves as equipped weapons if they're actually used for Healing, since "Staff" is a separate command from attack, but yeah, that does sound like an awful oversight.

I think RD was the only FE game where staves were equipped weapons. All the other games allowed healers to counter with another weapon if they had one cause staves weren't equipped. It's a little annoying in RD but it's easy to get around that. Maybe they did that to make the game harder but the game's already hard without that.

Edited by KSFF2150