the dark magics

canas is back

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Athos and Etzel and other people in FE:SD that are better as dark mages than their default class?

Dark mages don't actually use dark magic in FEDS, which I think is what Canas is looking for: a good dark mage who actually uses dark magic.

Dark mages don't actually use dark magic in FEDS, which I think is what Canas is looking for: a good dark mage who actually uses dark magic.

There's two dark magic weapons in FE11 (even though it's not seperate catagory) worm and imhullu which can't be obtained so there's really only one which you get very late.

Honestly, I think Ray is the best dark magic user in the whole series (Not counting 4 as there are no recruitable dark mages there.) as he actually tends to have decent accuracy. Most everybody else is meh to sux, unless you count Ewan in this list.

Dark mages are usually slow and have trouble double attacking but they have the coolest looking spells. The only reason I'd use them is for their magic animations.

I've never had that problem with them double attacking. Yeah I think that they have good animations but not the best.

If you give Salem a Speed Ring and the Sety scroll to boast his Speed, he is not really such a horrible unit. I used him endgame and I enjoy using him. Give him a Wind Tome and any skill that make him hit two times in a roll and he'll kick ass.

Rey is also another great unit if trained right. GIve him supports with Chad, Lou, and Hugh and he can kick some ass.

Sophia is cute and that's all you need to know about her.

Dark magic users generally aren't good.

Roy - He's fairly decent. I didn't find anything wrong with him.

Sophia - Sucks

Niime - Sucks. Possibly good for healing, though.

Canas - He's okay, but I never thought he was any good.

Knoll - Terrible

Ewan - Sucks

Pelleas - Underleveled, will suck anyway because of sucky caps and inaccurate weapons.

The only choice you really have for a good Dark user is using the FE8 glitch to teach it to someone, like Moulder or L'Arachel.

Canas and Salem are pretty good, but you'll mostly have Salem use staves and other types of magic. Ray and Niime aren't bad, either. :/

Canas is the best of the bunch, though, since he's a life saver for the Final Battle if you didn't train up all your other units.

It's not that, by the time Pelleas arrives you probably already assembled a good team that's worthwhile than Pelleas.

It's best if you beat the game ASAP.

I agree he has bad avalability but he can be great.

Why? Do you dislike the game?

For dark magic users, I would suggest Canas for FE7, Ewan for FE8, and probably avoid them for FE10. Pelleas can be good, but besides his speed, his stats are relatively unimpressive. Ewan is an absolute beast as a druid, and Canas is very good for the final levels of FE7 if you give him Luna. Negating Res. allows him to deal serious damage

to both Nergal and the Fire Dragon.

. And Ewan can become one of the best units in the game if you Valni-abuse him to a druid.

It's pretty lame that their are so little dark magic users in the series. There should at least be three in each game that has enemy dark magic users. It's weird to not be able to use it when an enemy can.

How is it weird? It makes perfect sense for the forces of evil to use dark magic while the good guys use the power of light.