How do you get this game?

Assuming you mean the cartridge, you'll probably have to use auction sites like ebay. The game will work on any GBA or DS since those two aren't region-locked (as with most handheld consoles). Of course, the game will be in Japanese and you won't be able to apply the translation patch.

Otherwise, no, there isn't any other way.

...Unless you mean that you hate playing it on your PC. In that case, you could transfer the ROM to a GBA flash cartridge to play it on your GBA/DS.

Well I wouldn't mind playing the game in Japanese since I know how to read and speak Japanese XD. And I don't trust Ebay at all.

...Unless you mean that you hate playing it on your PC. In that case, you could transfer the ROM to a GBA flash cartridge to play it on your GBA/DS.

How do you do that?

Most flashcards use microSD cards to store their data, although there are flashcarts for the GBA which also uses CF, SD, and miniSD. There's three or four GBA flashcarts that were big in the day--I personally bought from SuperCard. I still use it.

You can look around the official site, if you want.

You can also use a modded Wii, Xbox, PSP, etc.. you boot ROMs, if that's up your alley.

Edited by Celice

I got the game from Play-Asia myself, a good year or so ago, I believe. But I too would like to play it on my GBA in english language. Where would I get these flash carts to transfer the ROM and translation patch to?

I don't speak or read Japanese by the way, which I'm really annoyed with myself at. I want to learn it one day. Heck, I'd like to live there even.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like such a nerd for saying this... but I got my copy from a bookstore in Hiroshima.

But that isn't exactly feasible unless you have other reasons for going to Japan, since it costs quite a bit to get there and back again...

Edited by Paper Jam

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps the GBA games, but Fire Emblem is is and has been played in one location.

'Sides. Flashcarts give you portability. And... you contradicted yourself with the laptop bit :E

Edited by Celice

eBay or some import sites still have it up.

They are still pretty heavy and it would make you look like a nerd if you rode on the bus playing on your laptop.

Still's portable. But cheaper just to get a flashcart, and apparently won't make you feel like a nerd :E

Eh, Gaiden seems to drift in and out, and a couple of years back when I got my Monshou and Seisen, there was three~five of them weekly, likely more, going on eBay. Thracia has issues being one of the last SNES games to be released, as well as two different versions. But finding a copy of Super Famicom Wars is infinitely harder than any Fire Emblem :(

• 4 weeks later...