Has Anyone Ever Promoted Ardan?

thanibomb

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never promoted him, but I have encountered someone who has. He probably would be good with the leg and pursuit rings. Then again, who wouldn't?

I haven't but I think it would be useless because you'd have to weaken enemies so he can kill them and with his bad movement he can't keep up so you'd lose out on tactics ranking. I always do horribly on tactics ranking and I still don't use him.

I never really cared about Arden from the start; I usually just leave him at the home castle and generally neglect him badly. (He was so badly neglected that he could've been two-shotted by one of the bandits in Chapter 5 if it wasn't for the weapon triangle and the castle evade bonus.)

I actually promote him nearly every playthrough, and there's been many. Only because I need to promote everyone to feel satisfied, though. It's never worth it. The only thing he does good at a high level is be a shield, but he's not got enough movement to keep up anyways..

Then why did you continue using him?

I didn't. I boss abused him to level 20 and benched him.

It was like a habit. Then, slowly I stopped training the characters that weren't going to be fathers/mothers (and Dew regardless, since money).

Edited by Finn

Well, if you boss abuse him to level 30, and ring abuse him, it might pay off, but he still sucks.(though there's footage of him pwning Eltoshen)

Well, if you boss abuse him to level 30, and ring abuse him, it might pay off, but he still sucks.(though there's footage of him pwning Eltoshen)

Bull. Unless you are really lucky, then that Adan vs Elto or Leptor could really happen. I watched the video, and I will say that player was really blessed.

I raised him up twice or thrice just for the sake of raising everyone. And if you ask for my opinion, do not bother with him.

Use him for the Arena, aside from that don't waste your effort.

Bull. Unless you are really lucky, then that Adan vs Elto or Leptor could really happen. I watched the video, and I will say that player was really blessed.

I never said that would happen for sure, just that it happened.

He is "good" as in that his Def will kick ass (enemies sometimes refuse to attack him, and he has Great Shield), and he will be able to weild four weapons, with A in swords/lances and B in lances/bows. He's like one of the three people who can use the Hero Axe, so if you don't mind crippling Lex a bit he can use that, and also the Hero Lance, since Fury has enough other stuff to rape with, such as Silver Lance, and Fin/Cuan should be gone by Ch4 so no one else can use that. And he can use Hero/Steel/Killer Bow against all the Pegasi and Wyverns you're going to encounter.

But obviously he'll need the Leg Ring to keep up always, he will still fail against Mages, his accuracy will be shaky at best and without the Pursuit Ring he will never one round anything but weak things when using Hero weapons.

You can't say he 100% fails but he sure as hell makes it to 98%.

Arden is the most worthless character in Seisen, by far. Avoid is overpowered, the maps are huge (= lagging behind), and Lex outranks him in pretty much every aspect.

Bah. Lachesis doesn't want the hero axe

I'd say she does, since it allows her to kill things before they counter often, and it makes her one-round stuff with a quadruple attack from her huge Str (she has trouble killing Armors otherwise).